Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:44:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Extremely small moments in comedy that make you laugh way more than intended

Started by Tikwid, May 01, 2018, 01:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Whenever Dennis breaks out Stevie Winwood's Higher Love on IASIP.

neveragain

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: neveragain on November 01, 2018, 08:17:48 PM
I think it's from an Alexei Sayle show.

Yep , " Stuff " Series 2 Ep. 1. DVD played by that bloke who ended up on " Doctors ", I think.The line was recycled from an episode of " Whoops Apocalypse " by the same writers.

Thosworth

From possibly the best Czech time travel comedy film of 1977: Tomorrow I'll Get Up And Scald Myself With Tea.

Setup: Three nazis have travelled back in time to give Hitler an H-bomb. They've been arrested and are going to be shot, so are about to reveal their plan. In a film of high farce, it's the deflated way Jirí Sovák reacts to a classic suitcase mixup. I also think it's that he looks a bit like Ronnie Barker, and acts a bit like Oliver Hardy.

https://youtu.be/tVBPNfKfgNo?t=2828

SpiderChrist

Quote from: hummingofevil on October 30, 2018, 02:42:32 PM
In response to the original question.

"Honda" makes me howl.

I can't hear or read the word "Honda" without hearing it in Sir Arthur's voice.

Also: 'year and a quarter'

alan nagsworth

Quote from: SpiderChrist on November 02, 2018, 03:14:20 PM
I can't hear or read the word "Honda" without hearing it in Sir Arthur's voice.

I can't help hearing it in Gog's voice from Peep Show, personally. When he answers the phone and says "Honda!" reassuringly to fool Jez and co., it's so good.

Ferris

Quote from: alan nagsworth on November 03, 2018, 05:51:05 PM
I can't help hearing it in Gog's voice from Peep Show, personally. When he answers the phone and says "Honda!" reassuringly to fool Jez and co., it's so good.

Or me. Particularly from that episode, I enjoyed the quickfire conversation that leads up to that when Gog reaches to answer the ringing phone:

Hans: "Don't pick it up!"
Gog: "It could be Honda"
Jez: "It's not gonna be Honda"
Hans: "It could be Honda"

Jez:"...ok, answer it, but any funny business and you're getting the bat"

alan nagsworth

thraxx

Quote from: Clownbaby on October 30, 2018, 11:39:35 AM
The whole Ted Maul cowe gonna be chops bit is great

When it bluntly cuts to "NOTHING MUCH GOING ON HERE."

"Then eccentric - now DEAD" cuts to men digging in graveyard

The bit that still gets me is Heap's 'idiot fucking idiot idiot idiot idiot stupid fucking idiot' to the cow.

Cuellar

Always liked "I'll muck your lens, you gay sod"

Just the insult "gay sod" seems so incongruous when it comes to Ted Maul.

Sebastian Cobb

chveik

It has probably been mentioned before, but every time Gregg Turkington says "Hey guys!".

Sebastian Cobb

Ben Swain recalling how Malcolm Tucker pinned him against a wall and called him 'Noncey Sinatra' for taking the last teabag. So much funnier having it as an aside.

Chollis

Quote from: chveik on November 04, 2018, 03:35:21 PM
It has probably been mentioned before, but every time Gregg Turkington says "Hey guys!".

Always makes me smile.

Captain Z

Also how Limmy's Malcolm Malcolm says "hey guys". Especially the way it gets progressively more desperate throughout the compilation on youtube.

Utter Shit

I just had to stick the Camping Trip episode of the Inbetweeners on because I couldn't stop thinking about how funny it is when Simon breaks into the wrong house to see Carly and his dad thinks he climbed into the child's room to abuse him...Martin Trenaman's delivery is so funny, desperately trying not to upset Simon further and find common ground with him, while making him see that what he did (hasn't actually done) is wrong.

"I know this move's stressful for you, and you might feel a little crazy...but you can't go touching up children. Not now, not ever - not kiddies, Si"

Psmith

Father Ted explaining to Dougal the size of cows.

Small and faraway....small and faraway.....

VelourSpirit

After Morris goads Peter Baynham into killing a tortoise on the radio 1 show:
'Somebody sent the little guy through the post to me, which is a stupid thing to do'
and
'It'll probably have to be euthanised, put to sleep-'
'NO'

Clownbaby

I love in the Big Spoon Baby Balloon bit just after Peter Baynham has started feeding the baby mushed up bread with his tongue and Chris shames him for it, he sort of yelps "Chriiiis!" and sounds really upset.

Jockice

Quote from: Utter Shit on November 06, 2018, 02:14:55 PM
I just had to stick the Camping Trip episode of the Inbetweeners on because I couldn't stop thinking about how funny it is when Simon breaks into the wrong house to see Carly and his dad thinks he climbed into the child's room to abuse him...Martin Trenaman's delivery is so funny, desperately trying not to upset Simon further and find common ground with him, while making him see that what he did (hasn't actually done) is wrong.

"I know this move's stressful for you, and you might feel a little crazy...but you can't go touching up children. Not now, not ever - not kiddies, Si"

He is brilliant, but then so are all The Inbetweeners' dads. I loved the bit when Jay's and Neil's met for the first time in the first film. "You look like a vicar and you talk like a vicar. A bloody gay vicar or something." And Will's mum isn't bad either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6EXe3e4StI

Quote from: TwinPeaks on November 07, 2018, 03:11:43 AM
After Morris goads Peter Baynham into killing a tortoise on the radio 1 show:
'Somebody sent the little guy through the post to me, which is a stupid thing to do'
and
'It'll probably have to be euthanised, put to sleep-'
'NO'
Or his stunned "what?!" when the vet suggests he put it in the freezer.

famethrowa

Quote from: Jockice on November 07, 2018, 05:00:26 PM
He is brilliant, but then so are all The Inbetweeners' dads. I loved the bit when Jay's and Neil's met for the first time in the first film. "You look like a vicar and you talk like a vicar. A bloody gay vicar or something." And Will's mum isn't bad either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6EXe3e4StI

Will's mum is well fit. Loved her in the Butterfield hotel

Jockice

Twed

Jockice

Virgo76

"When was the last time I got off with someone at a party? 'Well, there was Carol Bananaface, 'but that was just a macabre charade."

Cuellar

I do like it when 'macabre' crops up in comedy.

Like when GOB in Arrested Development has to stay with Lucille for a bit but can't stand it so tries to stay with Michael, who asks him why he isn't at Lucille's and GOB says it was 'utterly macabre'