Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:27:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Extremely small moments in comedy that make you laugh way more than intended

Started by Tikwid, May 01, 2018, 01:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Jockice

Utter Shit

Quote from: Jockice on November 07, 2018, 05:00:26 PM
He is brilliant, but then so are all The Inbetweeners' dads. I loved the bit when Jay's and Neil's met for the first time in the first film. "You look like a vicar and you talk like a vicar. A bloody gay vicar or something." And Will's mum isn't bad either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6EXe3e4StI

Ahahaha yes, Jay's dad crops up in loads of things and he's always great, he was really good in the Armando Iannucci Show. Obviously Alexander McQueen is amazing, there's an Inbetweeners outtake where McQueen - who isn't even on screen -  hams up his delivery so much that Blake Harrison is incapable of getting his next line out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njYhI_pjmk8&t=144s

I think I've got the time stamp right, but if not it's around 2m24

Sebastian Cobb

I think my first encounter of him was on Grange Hill, he was basically a punchy version of Jay's dad in that in a storyline about a kid getting knocked about. Can't mind the victim though.

Jockice

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 08, 2018, 01:30:54 PM
I think my first encounter of him was on Grange Hill, he was basically a punchy version of Jay's dad in that in a storyline about a kid getting knocked about. Can't mind the victim though.

David Schaal. That's his name. He was in The Office too. One of the warehouse blokes.

magval

Stew referring to "boring novelist HG Wells" in Lionel Nimrod. So immature.

MuteBanana

Quote from: jobotic on May 01, 2018, 09:45:15 AM
Said it before, but in the Simpsons episode Grade School Confidential when the entertainer at Martin's party tells the kids that he isn't just a magician, he's a mathemagician - Bart lets out a beautiful "oh, man!". Making me smile now.

Bart's little groans when Marge says stuff like "Fruit, its nature's candy" are the best.

MuteBanana

Quote from: Utter Shit on November 08, 2018, 12:57:02 PM
Ahahaha yes, Jay's dad crops up in loads of things and he's always great, he was really good in the Armando Iannucci Show. Obviously Alexander McQueen is amazing, there's an Inbetweeners outtake where McQueen - who isn't even on screen -  hams up his delivery so much that Blake Harrison is incapable of getting his next line out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njYhI_pjmk8&t=144s

I think I've got the time stamp right, but if not it's around 2m24

Never knew these existed but it makes sense on a show like that. Fuck there most hours of outtakes with the lines and performances they had to do.

magval

When Alan mentions that his On-The-Hour-era unnamed wife has come back from the dead, I only noticed this morning that she's done so "along with a few other members of the undead".

Very funny mental image there of Mrs. Partridge turning up to the house with a few zombie stragglers. Totally unknown people, posing no threat it seems. Just sad lonely zombies.

Neither Morris nor Alan mention this again. They just talk about his wife.

kalowski

In Fawlty Towers when the boy says the chips are the wrong shape:

"What shape do you usually have? Mickey Mouse shape? Smarties shape? Amphibious landing-craft shape? Poke-in-the-eye shape?"

It's the "Amphibious landing-craft shape" that gets me every time.

St_Eddie

Quote from: kalowski on December 22, 2018, 05:41:41 PM
Mickey Mouse shape

They're my favourite!  Put a bit of ketchup on your knife and pierce Mickey's face.  It's like he's bleeding.  Good times.

magval

I'm glad you're back Ed, with your The Devil face and quality posts.

St_Eddie

Quote from: magval on December 23, 2018, 11:14:00 AM
I'm glad you're back Ed, with your The Devil face and quality posts.

Oh, you lovely person, you.

No, seriously; thank you.  It's nice to be wanted and you are awesome.  Fact.

Glebe

Didn't laugh more than intended (cos it is quite funny), but I was watching Gremlins 2 yesterday, had forgotten about this little moment... remember seeing this in the cinema as a young 'un with a mate, the place was so packed we had to stand and the back but we still had a blast... as I recall, that little bit got a big laugh.

DrGreggles

I've always had a thing for that redhead lass with the glasses in Gremlins 2.

grassbath

Derek and Clive, 'Sex Manual':

CLIVE:
Approach C is, like, saying, "Ooh! Don't tell me! You're...

DEREK:
A cock-sucker.

[massive pause]

CLIVE [dispassionately]:
..... a Virgo.

DrGreggles

The way Palin sings "lavatory" in The Lumberjack Song gets me every time.

Milky

The sudden cut to Jez's face when Elena says yes to Gail's proposition of marriage in Peep Show. By the rules of the show, the shot shouldn't even exist, as no one would be looking at him at that moment. It's so jarring and tragic especially as it seems to cut just as the partygoers start cheering happily, and by his expression, his world has just fallen apart.

Harry Enfield as the Yorkshireman looking absolutely mystified at the "egg theory" being detailed by some ponytail-wearing git.

Jay pointing at and doing an impression of Will walking away "like a mental" a split second before the scene cuts in Inbetweeners.

BritishHobo

I'm watching through The Thick of It, and the bit in Spinners and Losers where Julius drops his biscuits really really gets me everytime. All that tension spilling over into quite a nasty fight between Glenn and Ollie, and then Julius' sweet, affable upset at having his Jaffa Cakes knocked on the floor: "These are good biscuits, and they cost four pounds!" Absolutely kills me. I want to give him a hug.

Sebastian Cobb

Potter calling out 'tell us a joke we know!' at the alternative comedy night on the Phoenix Nights.

chrispmartha

Caught a bit of the Hotel Inspectors on TV last last night - Some small classic lines in that one.

Fawlty's strained pathetic - 'outboard motors' never fails to get me

His little leg lift after tasting the 'corked' wine

During the fight with Cribbins - "I'm not a violent man Mr Fawlty. Yes you are!!"

Quote from: Milky on January 10, 2019, 07:54:26 PMHarry Enfield as the Yorkshireman looking absolutely mystified at the "egg theory" being detailed by some ponytail-wearing git.

The latter being played by a pre-Fast Show Charlie Higson.

Sebastian Cobb

AsparagusTrevor

Out of all the Police Squad moments, one that gets me every time is
"Who are you, and how did you get in here?"
"I'm a locksmith... and I'm a locksmith."

Sebastian Cobb

I always loved the 'We're sorry to bother you at such a time like this, Mrs. Twice. We would have come earlier, but your husband wasn't dead then'.

Utter Shit

Quote from: BritishHobo on January 17, 2019, 10:18:50 PM
I'm watching through The Thick of It, and the bit in Spinners and Losers where Julius drops his biscuits really really gets me everytime. All that tension spilling over into quite a nasty fight between Glenn and Ollie, and then Julius' sweet, affable upset at having his Jaffa Cakes knocked on the floor: "These are good biscuits, and they cost four pounds!" Absolutely kills me. I want to give him a hug.

I honestly think Spinners and Losers is the single best episode of any comedy I've ever seen. Hilarious moment after hilarious moment after hilarious moment. The side-plot of the newspaper editor trying to keep up with the constantly changing leaders is joyous..."I LITERALLY don't know who that is". Also his line about having to fill the next day's paper with nothing but prepositions. Amazing.

kalowski

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on January 18, 2019, 01:19:51 PM

I have just laughed tea all over the dinner table.

DrGreggles

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on January 18, 2019, 01:19:51 PM

Probably the greatest joke of all time.

Twed

The way Terry Jones steps off the stairs so casually and says "we shall use my largest scales".