Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:49:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Extremely small moments in comedy that make you laugh way more than intended

Started by Tikwid, May 01, 2018, 01:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil_A

Quote from: Twed on January 20, 2019, 04:32:25 AM
The way Terry Jones steps off the stairs so casually and says "we shall use my largest scales".

Jones reacting to the Black Beast is one of my favourite less quoted bits of the film, as much as any of that film can be considered to be "less quoted."

"No, no, OHHHWOOOOH in surprise and alarm." "Oh, you mean mean more sort of a...AHHHH!" "Yes, but more like...ahhhhhh!"

fucking ponderous

Sebastian Cobb

So much about both Mark's outlook and his relationship with Jez.

gmoney

Hank trying to ingratiate himself with a potential sponsor in Larry Sanders:

Hank: Now Mr. Smalley

Mr Smalley: Call me Ben

Hank: Oh! I had a parent named Ben!

bigfatheart

Similarly, when Francine's visiting the office and he gets the lift for her:

(from memory)
Hank: Which floor?
Francine: Second.
Hank: Excellent choice.

kalowski

When Partridge interviews the Milky Bar Kid and puts his hand on his knee and then says, "I don't want sex," I love the little, "or a milky bar" that follows.

Mobius

The noise Ritchie makes in Bottom when Eddie tells him there's an article about the ferris wheel in the paper

Uglymrburns

In the Armando Iannucci show, during the dinner party, when Armando's joke falls flat and he performs an incredible "swimming pool water up your nose" self loathing head scratch. No piece of media has ever more accurately shown the intense pain of a Conversation Mistake.

https://youtu.be/KclC9DKNaZE?t=155
(2:35 if the link doesn't work)

hummingofevil

It doesn't really make me laugh but everytime I hear the words "Oxford United" I mentally repeat the phrase "Would you like to cum in my mouth." Been going on for about 25 years now. I've developed a new version which is everytime they mention "Delays on the M6 Junction whatever south of Knutsford" by brain corrects it to "Deez Knutsford." Thats also quite annoying. 

Clownbaby

I just remembered a bit in one episode of Seinfeld (can't remember which one) where Kramer is excitedly talking about how he'off to buy a turtle off someone and Jerry flatly goes "try to keep calm"

Dog Botherer

There's no Youtube vid of it unfortunately but the moment in The Office (US) where Roy freaks out at Pam and throws his glass has become an in-joke with Mrs Botherer and I. Just saying "You kidding me PAM? C'MON" in increasingly ridiculous voices til we're in hysterics.

Pretty sure it's supposed to be an incredibly SERIOUS moment on the show but it cracks me up every time I see it now.

Pauline Walnuts

https://youtu.be/BnBB9rDyAlo?t=620

It's not just his hilarious voice he puts on, it's the way the camera has already picked out the only 'Chinese' looking person in the audience.

Former

Inside No. 9 - A Quiet Night In.

When the burgler leaves a trail of food and opens the door, hoping to lead the little dog out of the house, but a much larger dog immediately comes in and follows the trail in the wrong direction.

Why does that make me laugh so much? Why?

holyzombiejesus

In the film Ladybird, one girl is telling her classmates how her mum interrupted her having sex by calling her on a mobile phone she'd bought her for use in emergencies. All her fellow pupils are all "OMG, wow!" except for one girl who eagerly asks "what was the emergency?"

Epic Bisto

It's pretty much a never-ending cavalcade of hilarity, but there are three bits in the Best Show call with Maurice Kern (Citizens For A True Democracy) where Wurster's subtle on-the-spot callbacks are just perfectly timed:

- After arguing with one caller, he finishes with a weary "Son, go back to your marijuana."
- Another caller accuses him of using drug abuse, the offhand reply being "That was never proven."
- Kern casually being racist then correcting himself ("I said 'that guy needs to go to bed.'")

neveragain

Quote from: Former on January 26, 2019, 03:28:00 PM
Inside No. 9 - A Quiet Night In.

When the burgler leaves a trail of food and opens the door, hoping to lead the little dog out of the house, but a much larger dog immediately comes in and follows the trail in the wrong direction.

Why does that make me laugh so much? Why?

I was just thinking of a No. 9 moment today, though much smaller. In 'Sardines' where Tim Key leans forward, pressing his face against the woman next to him, and whispers (re: sexual history), "I've not been a monk." Creepy and pathetic at the same time, wonderful.

Yussef Dent

In the Human Remains episode "All Over My Glasses" there's a small scene where Julia Davis and Ruth Jones' dim characters are putting up this border in the kids bedroom. It's self adhesive, but they're haphazardly using white tack to stick it to the wall. The border is of some cartoon bears playing about, one of them is quite clearly doing a handstand, but they think it has been printed wrongly and it's upside down. As a result, they tear that bit out (badly) and put it the other way round. The extremely small moment that rounds it off is Julia Davis' character taking to the ripped off piece with a staple gun when it's been stuck on to the wall, just when you think they couldn't have done this any worse.

Chollis

Joey pushing Ross into the fridge is the funniest moment in all of Friends.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Chollis on January 28, 2019, 04:06:37 PM
Joey pushing Ross into the fridge is the funniest moment in all of Friends.

Think I've mentioned this one before, but of all the silly throwaway moments in Friends, this was my favourite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uN6i_-ELLw

kidsick5000

Twed

Sebastian Cobb

In the thick of it when Stewart is lost for words and people ask if they've seen him like this, and Will volunteers 'He took the morning off when Steve Jobs died.'.

Bently Sheds

At the start of a Big Night Out, Vic Reeves performing "Panic!" by The Smiths, changes a lyric to "A lean side of beef that just slips down" whilst running his hand down the side of his torso.

It's now the official lyric in my head.

jobotic

Quote from: Bently Sheds on February 06, 2019, 09:15:57 AM
At the start of a Big Night Out, Vic Reeves performing "Panic!" by The Smiths, changes a lyric to "A lean side of beef that just slips down" whilst running his hand down the side of his torso.

It's now the official lyric in my head.

I always refer to Barbara Streisand as Barbara Streislands.

kalowski

The Louis Armstrong voice that says, "Justice" in the Day Today routine about the reanimated man executing his killer. The Martin Sheen one is great, and Coogan's, "I want a tower" is very funny, but the Armstrong "Juhss-tisss" is wonderful.

DrGreggles

Quote from: kalowski on February 18, 2019, 10:28:58 PM
The Louis Armstrong voice that says, "Justice" in the Day Today routine about the reanimated man executing his killer. The Martin Sheen one is great, and Coogan's, "I want a tower" is very funny, but the Armstrong "Juhss-tisss" is wonderful.

Oh yes!