Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:23:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Extremely small moments in comedy that make you laugh way more than intended

Started by Tikwid, May 01, 2018, 01:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Quote from: EBGB on September 04, 2019, 09:06:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5p2XAGE8R8

(I know it's small rather than extremely small, but I just remembered it for the first time in ages.)
God, yes. It's the look from Cleese and the vehement way Chapman shouts it.

Ian Faith's sudden change of expression when Bobbi Flekman says "money talks, bullshit walks" in This is Spinal Tap. His frown just as the camera pans away is blissful. Tony Hendra's a dab hand at the micro-moment, as is the rest of that cast for that matter, cf. the bullying exchange of grins between Ian and Nigel when Jeanine mispronounces Dolby.

DrGreggles

Father Noel Furlong's sudden launch into 'The Whole of the Moon' - and his psychotic laugh a few seconds later.

My all time favourite Vic & Bob moment is the Tony Baron speech about being taken away "by a kind of sailor" it's the slightly sad and wistful look Bob does when he says "I was only seven" that makes it perfect.

petril

Quote from: petrilTanaka on November 04, 2019, 08:27:50 AM
his adamant denial of being a correspondant is great too

That line is fantastic, leaves the audience wondering why would he be corresponding and with whom? Also what are the negatives about being a correspondent that require a denial? That's the greatness of V&B...

Blue Jam

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 29, 2019, 11:14:32 PM
Father Noel Furlong's sudden launch into 'The Whole of the Moon' - and his psychotic laugh a few seconds later.

More Father Noel Furlong: When he challenges Dougal to guess how old he is and Dougal replies "40?", that look of pure hatred he has for a second before breaking into a forced smile and going "TED!":

https://youtu.be/eXi9T8Ltltg

Pink Gregory

There's a panel in Achewood which is a list of emails that Ray has sent to Roast Beef, typical 'look at this!' spam, but my favourite RE: says 'Hero, or Fatso?"

smudge1971

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on November 04, 2019, 11:48:13 AM
That line is fantastic, leaves the audience wondering why would he be corresponding and with whom? Also what are the negatives about being a correspondent that require a denial? That's the greatness of V&B...
I always thought it was a malapropism, ie; he meant to say 'despondent'. I like this surreal explanation better though.

TimPoker

In The Young Ones, the little excited dance Roland Percival does after his "...but that doesn't mean I want you to seduce my parrot!" joke on Nozin' Around.

I need to turn that into a gif!

magval

There's an episode of On The Hour with a sketch about colour (I think it might be one of the Lee and Herring 'desk' bits) and someone says "remember - black and white are not colours in the true sense".

Had to put this on here because it's been rattling around in my head all week and I haven't even been listening to it.

Twed

Quote from: TimPoker on November 05, 2019, 08:38:57 PM
In The Young Ones, the little excited dance Roland Percival does after his "...but that doesn't mean I want you to seduce my parrot!" joke on Nozin' Around.
Oh shit, I didn't realise that's what he says. I thought he was saying "seduce my palette!" and the joke was that he was saying something inappropriate in a really old-fashioned way.

Quote from: Fried McClatter on October 29, 2019, 09:52:53 PM
Ian Faith's sudden change of expression when Bobbi Flekman says "money talks, bullshit walks" in This is Spinal Tap. His frown just as the camera pans away is blissful.
So glad you mentioned this.  I've loved that bit for years.

Just after Alan Partridge does his "Dr No... vocal chords" gag and Peter Baynham's character does a big thumbs up and makes that weird "Euuuurrrgh" sound, the look on Alan's face is fantastic.  To convey both fear and irritation in a one-second change of expression is utterly sublime and makes me piss my sides every time.

alan nagsworth

The Venture Bros, in season 3 when The Monarch has moved into Phantom Limb's old place, irritated that it's the home of the man who seduced his wife before they met, frustrated that he's no longer allowed to arch Venture and sitting about idly flicking through the Guild of Calamitous Intent's catalogue for a new arch enemy. He turns the page to see the big mammalian head of Dr. Dugong and casually mutters, 'Ah, jesus, look.. look at this guy'.

The Monarch is such a fucking incredibly complex and brilliantly written character, so passionate but also ridiculously vulnerable and funny at times. Little bits like that add such a vibrant colour to his persona, and TVB is so packed with tiny lines like that which are barely gags at all but suit the characters so perfectly. Honestly that bit is hilarious to me.

Bently Sheds

In the Remedial Chaos Theory episode of Community, Troy explains that the etiquette book they used to plan the party (advising them to avoid difficult conversation topics such as "The Negro Problem") was from the 1940s.

The way Donald Glover's expression changes after he delivers that line is fucking amazing.

bgmnts

In the Prohibition episode of The Simpsons there's a blink and you'll miss it visual gag where one of the tubs is filled with '12 year old Scotch'.

Never copped it until today. Quality.

yesitsme

I was watching The Kipper and the Corpse the other night and while it didn't make me laugh per se it is a good bit of acting.

When Basil's banging on about running a hotel - not the Burma railway and so on Sybil is looking at him but yer Palmer stays pretty much focused on Sybil watching her reaction.

I suppose it's called 'acting' but when you see it you know people who can do it.  Other, less accomplished actors would have been looking at Basil going OMG! What is he like??

It's good. Give that lad a sausage!

kalowski

I'm currently in Austria and I reckon Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan saying, "Ich nichten lichten" pops into my head and makes me chuckle around seven times a day.

kalowski

Quote from: kalowski on January 01, 2020, 04:25:53 PM
I'm currently in Austria and I reckon Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan saying, "Ich nichten lichten" pops into my head and makes me chuckle around seven times a day.
Just watched this clip with my kids and we're all rolling around the floor saying Ich nichten lichten and trenter percenter.

kalowski

There's a Python sketch which I can't remember much about. Chapman is a criminal psychologist or similar, invited onto a news show. What makes me chuckle, and still pops into my head without warning is when he shouts, "Get it out in the open, I know I have."
Cracks me up just thinking about it.

bgmnts

Quote from: kalowski on January 01, 2020, 04:25:53 PM

Yeah anytime Trenter Percenter posts on here I crack up.

dr_christian_troy

In a particular episode of The Office (US) (can't remember which one off the top of my head), there's a very brief shot of Stanley reacting in stunned silence to something awful Michael said during one of their staff meetings. It's fleeting, but marvellous.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

When the streetsweeper drives down the subway stairs in "Bart Sells His Soul".

Ferris

If we're doing Stewart Lee lines, then a personal favourite punchline during the "world of meat" routine at the end of CRW: "golf is an abstract noun".

It didn't really land on the recording, but I thought it was amazing

"But Blanche, you gotta help me, I'm 64 grand in the hole!" from Lisa on Ice. Why does Moe call her Blanche? How do you get Blanche out of Marge? He's so shameless/deep in debt he comes over to this woman's home begging for info so he can figure out what way to bet on her children in a peewee hockey game and he barely knows her name.

Cuellar

Is that before or after she plays Blanche in A Streetcar Named Desire? Dunno if that would make a difference but it was the first thing that came to mind.

Psmith

Frasier:"Noel,Star Trek is only a TV show"
Noel: "And so is.... Brideshead Revisited !"