Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:03:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Extremely small moments in comedy that make you laugh way more than intended

Started by Tikwid, May 01, 2018, 01:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Son of Sod

A very small thing. Whenever Don Rickles feigns having a heart attack, it tickles me that he always clutches his right side.

I like to imagine he did this by accident one time and then worked it into his act.

Brundle-Fly

Yussef Dent

Alan Partridge Comic Relief 1999, where he can't get his words out and goes silent... there's just this little whimper noise he makes before saying another Fact of the Day (which he's already said) which makes me giggle. https://youtu.be/f2hFb0vleDM?t=371

Blue Jam

This Country is made up of these:

The bit where Kurtan has just been dumped and is moping on Kerry's sofa as she explains he was too heartbroken to walk and she had to push him to her house in a shopping trolley... and we can see that he didn't just flop down on the sofa, he first took the time to take off his massive white 1990s-style trainers and neatly arrange them next to each other on the floor.

The bit where Kerry and Kurtan are waiting for Uncle Nugget to get back from prison, and Kurtan is absent-mindedly picking at Kerry's kitchen table before she gets an attack of houseproudness and tells him "Don't do that".

The bit where Mandy confronts Kerry's stalker and he describes his fantasy of watching her lift up a Land Rover and Mandy adds a completely unnecessary "That is strong".

The way Kurtan's epic struggle with the wheelbarrow ends with one single solitary brick falling out of it.

Etc etc etc...

alan nagsworth

When we rejoin Alan Partridge at the Marple races on The Day Today and he's talking to someone off camera, the ambiguity of this line is so good:

"Let 'em lie in it. Let 'em lie in it!"

Also was just thinking about Peep Show when Mark and Jez are drinking whiskey in the bathroom and talking about Jez's job interview. After he thinks "Oh, I'll go to the interview alright. But I don't think I'll be getting the job", that fucking "huhurp" laugh he does. Gold.

The Lion King

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 14, 2018, 03:19:27 PM
This Country is made up of these:

The bit where Kurtan has just been dumped and is moping on Kerry's sofa as she explains he was too heartbroken to walk and she had to push him to her house in a shopping trolley... and we can see that he didn't just flop down on the sofa, he first took the time to take off his massive white 1990s-style trainers and neatly arrange them next to each other on the floor.

The bit where Kerry and Kurtan are waiting for Uncle Nugget to get back from prison, and Kurtan is absent-mindedly picking at Kerry's kitchen table before she gets an attack of houseproudness and tells him "Don't do that".

The bit where Mandy confronts Kerry's stalker and he describes his fantasy of watching her lift up a Land Rover and Mandy adds a completely unnecessary "That is strong".

The way Kurtan's epic struggle with the wheelbarrow ends with one single solitary brick falling out of it.

Etc etc etc...

Kurtan's repetition of the phrase 'as you were' after giving the vicar a telling off for wearing his bowling shoes inside (i think) at the bowls club

QDRPHNC

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 14, 2018, 06:36:59 PM
Also was just thinking about Peep Show when Mark and Jez are drinking whiskey in the bathroom and talking about Jez's job interview. After he thinks "Oh, I'll go to the interview alright. But I don't think I'll be getting the job", that fucking "huhurp" laugh he does. Gold.

Just prior to that, after Mark leaves the terrible phone message for Sophie:

QuoteCome on, let's go and have a drink. Forget about it.

Hard cut to the bathroom.

Have you forgotten about the phone call yet?
No.

tookish

Gareth checking his watch against the speaking clock in The Office. Just a fantastic little backgroundy character moment that always makes me howl.

St_Eddie

Quote from: tookish on May 14, 2018, 09:07:29 PM
Gareth checking his watch against the speaking clock in The Office. Just a fantastic little backgroundy character moment that always makes me howl.

Improvised by Mackenzie Crook, to boot.

neveragain

When we rejoin Alan Partridge at the Marple races on The Day Today and he's talking to someone off camera, the ambiguity of this line is so good:

It's his bed, let im lie in it.

kalowski

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 14, 2018, 02:47:12 PM
Oh yes... and related to that, Dougal's rant about Jaws 2:

"It's a different film, Ted! It's a very different film! It's a different shark!"

Which reminds me:
"Boxing! One-handed boxing!"

St_Eddie

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 09, 2018, 04:23:17 PM
BISHOP'S LOVE SCIFI!

Something I only just realised - why Dougal suddenly remembered. What's the name of the android in Aliens?

Blue Jam

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on May 14, 2018, 09:46:19 PM
Something I only just realised - why Dougal suddenly remembered. What's the name of the android in Aliens?

OH MY GOD...

I had just enjoyed that as a surreal, random idea, I had no idea there was method in Dougal's madness. That's kind of ruined it for me but it's also kind of cool...

VelourSpirit

That face Jez makes in Peep Show when he's trying to fuck up his interview. It always comes just slightly earlier than I expect and catches me off guard every time.

Tikwid

I mentioned this in another thread a while back, but there's an even smaller moment in that scene that I only noticed on my tenth watch: Chris not even getting to finish his link. "Back to today's races; Alan Partridge is at the, erm......hm."

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: TwinPeaks on May 14, 2018, 10:24:31 PM
That face Jez makes in Peep Show when he's trying to fuck up his interview. It always comes just slightly earlier than I expect and catches me off guard every time.

Lol yes, such a weird face as well.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 14, 2018, 11:14:52 PM
Lol yes, such a weird face as well.

It's like the left side of his face has just angrily insulted the right side, leaving it in shock.  Use your finger to cover one side at a time and you'll see what I mean.

Sebastian Cobb

Vegas quite obviously shaking with laughter under his duvet  as Tony Kenner delivers his "SO I TOOK. IT. FUCKING. BACK."  in Who's Ready for Ice Cream.

magval

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 15, 2018, 03:18:40 AM

It's like the left side of his face has just angrily insulted the right side, leaving it in shock.  Use your finger to cover one side at a time and you'll see what I mean.

This also applies to the face of Chris Redfield on the cover of Resident Evil 1. Finger-covering yields two completely different expressions. I love it that you've found another example of this.

Sebastian Cobb

It's like one side is straining to force a turd out and the other has realised he's shat himself.

Spoon of Ploff

That little noise Chis Morris makes after he shoots up on drugs... in the Drugs episode:

https://youtu.be/MIAJemmO-bg?t=1316

gets me every time.

Phil_A

Quote from: Yussef Dent on May 14, 2018, 03:18:28 PM
Alan Partridge Comic Relief 1999, where he can't get his words out and goes silent... there's just this little whimper noise he makes before saying another Fact of the Day (which he's already said) which makes me giggle. https://youtu.be/f2hFb0vleDM?t=371

That whole bit is great, Alan's weird word mangling is a delight.

"Bladacker's Rowan Atkinson, the rubberfamousman...Bean."

Blue Jam

Quote from: TwinPeaks on May 14, 2018, 10:24:31 PM

See also: The face Jamie makes in In The Loop after he's just been introduced to Toby and says "Right, that's enough of all the fucking Oxbridge pleasantries", where his eye does a mad, psychotic twitch. It's funny but also terrifying:

https://youtu.be/cC4xnLW4vro

Twit 2

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on May 15, 2018, 01:16:53 PM
That little noise Chis Morris makes after he shoots up on drugs... in the Drugs episode:

https://youtu.be/MIAJemmO-bg?t=1316

gets me every time.

The way he over-enunciates the word 'heroin' just after is even better.

rm2kmaster

There's something about Robert Webb laughing that amuses me.

The finest Peep Show moment however is him imitating the queens filthy laugh from the final season. I almost shit myself laughing when watching that.

Custard

Just cos I watched it last night, but when Tobias first blues himself in Arrested Development, his back is very briefly shown, and it has a big white patch in the centre of his back, where clearly his fingers couldn't reach. Really had me hooting

The Lion King

Chris Morris introducing a story on brass eye whilst riding a bike extremely fast on a pavement

Utter Shit

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 14, 2018, 03:19:27 PM

My favourite bit of that whole scene is Kurtan trying to retain a bit of dignity after humiliating himself by pretending to take the question "are you going to do it like that every time?" at face value..."I shouldn't think so, no".