Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:22:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Inflicted (2012) – is this a joke or what?

Started by Default to the negative, May 01, 2018, 07:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sometimes I like to browse Amazon Prime for the free films, i.e. the ones that are 'included with your subscription.' You can find a lot of trash there, most of which I don't touch. But I was looking to see if they have the new Hellraiser and sadly they do not. What I found instead was another zero-budget film called The Inflicted, "starring" Pinhead actor Doug Bradley. (He's in literally just one scene.) Well, I had to go and watch it, didn't I?

I tried to find some funny clips from this but You Tube only has a trailer, which doesn't do it justice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HignwEKYsQ

The film was so consistently amusing that I wondered if I was being duped. Were they taking the piss? I googled around and there is not much solid information about the film, only some blog-level journalism. The Inflicted could be sincere, but it is just as likely be tongue-in-cheek. I am 50/50 on this. I am leaning towards the opinion that it is sincere.

Real or joke, it is funny either way. It manages to walk that line. Have any of you seen this one? Without access to clips, I can't discuss the funny bits. But it is free to watch if you have Prime so... go and do that if you want. I recommend it. There are many laughs to be had and it's a thoroughly bizarre piece of work.

BlodwynPig

Bazooka

I am pretty good at getting the genre spot on just by looking at the cover and text font, looks like a great buddy cop rom-com film.

Shaky

Quote from: Bazooka on May 01, 2018, 04:51:24 PM
I am pretty good at getting the genre spot on just by looking at the cover and text font, looks like a great buddy cop rom-com film.

I'd have said Korean Erotic Drama, myself.

Steven

"Oh Kirsty, we have such shites to show you!"

kidsick5000

Have to praise them for the choice of font.
Clearly they were concerned a poorly kerned sans serif would spell  THE INFUCTED

BlodwynPig