Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:06:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cocaine Decisions

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, May 04, 2018, 03:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

Heh, I love Be Here Now for all it's bloatedness too. That said, I can't be having Magic Pie. How did that go on instead of Stay Young? Maybe cos Stay Young wasn't 14 minutes long

Laughed like a drain at the earlier post about All Around The World coming back for a reprise after just one other song. Never really thought about that before, and that makes it even better!

Trivia Fans: That's that Meg Matthews walking and slamming the door at the end. A stirling contribution

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: buzby on August 06, 2018, 03:35:38 PM

The Source was basically a MiniMoog with all the knobs replaced with crappy membrane buttons and a data wheel, so it was capable of producing fat bass sounds (and New Order did use this capability occasionally, like the growling bassline of Ecstacy on PC&L), but as I said, big bass wasn't really all that fashionable then....

hey, less of the 'crappy'! the 'the source' has an undeserved reputation for crappiness. I have two of them & they work perfectly, & a mate of mine has been gigging his since 1981. I think you're right that the fat bass had gone out of fashion, though. bass guitars I own from that period seem very toppy compared to 60s/70s fenders, say.