Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:49:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Midlands jokes

Started by Stoneage Dinosaurs, May 04, 2018, 08:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purlieu

I think Lincs technically count as East Mids. East Midlands Today gives news on stories from the county whenever they happen.

jobotic

That's what I thought. But when i visited my grandparents in Holbeach it was Anglia. Mind you, we could get that down here. Anglia is Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex?

Dex Sawash

Q: What Midlands jokes are just not on?

A: Midland McCann

jobotic

Which bank is a good listener?

HSBC

Stoneage Dinosaurs

FYI

Now back to the jokes.

Ferris

Astonishingly accurate imho

ollyboro

I was sat on a bale of hay in Wolverhampton's best rated restaurant when I asked the boss eyed, massive side whackered inbred waiter if he could recommend something from the exclusively edible tuber menu. He replied with "Yam oiroit."

Ferris

Yam oroit?

Yer not wrong!

purlieu

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on May 15, 2018, 01:29:56 AM

I love the fact that the northerly tip of the 'South' is further north than the southerly tip of the 'North'.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: purlieu on May 15, 2018, 01:40:13 PM
I love the fact that the northerly tip of the 'South' is further north than the southerly tip of the 'North'.

Well that's the UK for you, doesn't make any sense. Peterborough is jammed higher up the country than Birmingham, yet it is definitely south because I've been to Bedford and Chelmsford and they are exactly the same as it. In style, colour palette, general demeanour of the people there, and number of poundshops per square foot.

I have only just realised that I've excluded the Isle of Wight from the 'creepy south', I'll try and rectify that when I get the chance.

gib

Very good map. The 'DUNNO' region is East Anglia isn't it. Personally i'd say EA starts somewhere between Colchester and Ipswich.

Pretty much the whole of Essex used to be in East Anglia but only the very top bit is now, the rest is in the South.

Oh yes, where is the best town to get a lead for your dog, Leeds (leads).

saltysnacks

Birmingham's big, but Dudlay.