Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,398
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:52:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

If you were in the audience of Question Time, what question would you ask?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 07, 2018, 10:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

"In light of the US President's continued sniping at Britain, and given the funding of the IRA by NORAID groups in the USA, how can there be any confidence by British politicians in the so-called special relationship and what benefits does Britain gain from it?"

I'd love to ask that. I wouldn't get a decent answer, but it would be nice to make the government a little more uncomfortable next time they wank on about the one-sided special relationship.

What question would you ask on Question Time? And would you wait until the panel comprised a certain person?

Rocket Surgery

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Buelligan

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 07, 2018, 10:44:17 AM
"In light of the US President's continued sniping at Britain, and given the funding of the IRA by NORAID groups in the USA, how can there be any confidence by British politicians in the so-called special relationship and what benefits does Britain gain from it?"

I'd love to ask that. I wouldn't get a decent answer, but it would be nice to make the government a little more uncomfortable next time they wank on about the one-sided special relationship.

What question would you ask on Question Time? And would you wait until the panel comprised a certain person?

I'm interested in why, of all the stuff going on and that has gone on in the US that's affected the UK, you single out NORAID as an example.

I wouldn't ask that on Question Time unless you were in the audience, I was on the panel and you'd done your one first, obvs.

I'd ask them why they keep inviting that awful-antediluvian-cartoon-of-an-intolerant-ranting-repressed-future-candidate-for-stripping-off-and-running-screaming-and-frothing-through-a-tory-ladies-coffee-morning that is Camilla Tominey?  Is Isabel Oakeshott too expensive now or something?

Replies From View

Butchers Blind

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Buelligan on May 07, 2018, 11:04:26 AM
I'm interested in why, of all the stuff going on and that has gone on in the US that's affected the UK, you single out NORAID as an example.

I wouldn't ask that on Question Time unless you were in the audience, I was on the panel and you'd done your one first, obvs.

I'd ask them why they keep inviting that awful-antediluvian-cartoon-of-an-intolerant-ranting-repressed-future-candidate-for-stripping-off-and-running-screaming-and-frothing-through-a-tory-ladies-coffee-morning that is Camilla Tominey?  Is Isabel Oakeshott too expensive now or something?

Mainly because the failure of the US to do much about people funding the killing of innocent people in Britain and Northern Ireland is a bugbear of mine, and it's an example that will reverberate well with the audience no matter what political persuasion they are. There's a difference between someone in Boston or New York supporting a United Ireland and someone dropping a few dollars in a NORAID collection tin so that the PIRA could have a bit more plastic explosive or whatever they used to kill children in Warrington.

I mean you could drop in other and more recent examples of the US shitting on the UK but I imagine Dimbelby would interrupt with a smug quip.

My second question would be "Why are people so obsessed with Dimblelby's ties on Twitter?"

Buelligan

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 07, 2018, 11:39:17 AM
Mainly because the failure of the US to do much about people funding the killing of innocent people in Britain and Northern Ireland is a bugbear of mine, and it's an example that will reverberate well with the audience no matter what political persuasion they are. There's a difference between someone in Boston or New York supporting a United Ireland and someone dropping a few dollars in a NORAID collection tin so that the PIRA could have a bit more plastic explosive or whatever they used to kill children in Warrington.

I am a pacifist so I don't support violence, ever, nevertheless, if you really believe that people contributed to these funds simply so's they could kill children in Warrington, I think you should read more, a lot more, about the history of Ireland.  This thing that happened was not a surgical cut, not even a greenstick fracture, it was more like a terrible disease passed from generation to generation, harming and perverting everything it touched on every side.  Taking simplistic views about it, whilst it may be easy and comfortable, is a huge mistake.

Brass Pie

If a man ran into a nursery with a knife and got very stabby with the kids, you wouldn't support someone rugby tackling him?

For the poster above. Not QT.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Buelligan on May 07, 2018, 12:10:07 PM
I am a pacifist so I don't support violence, ever, nevertheless, if you really believe that people contributed to these funds simply so's they could kill children in Warrington, I think you should read more, a lot more, about the history of Ireland.  This thing that happened was not a surgical cut, not even a greenstick fracture, it was more like a terrible disease passed from generation to generation, harming and perverting everything it touched on every side.  Taking simplistic views about it, whilst it may be easy and comfortable, is a huge mistake.

Don't you think it was incumbent on them to find out who they were donating money to and what it would be used for?

Isnt Anything

Isnt the NORAID business all ancient history ? I thought the GFA made it pretty much redundant and then 9/11 put the final nails in its coffin if you will pardon the metaphor. Why dredge it up now ?

Cold Meat Platter

imitationleather

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on May 07, 2018, 12:55:19 PM
Which tree has the most leaves?

This is Question Time, not "On the Spot" with Norris McWhirter on Record Breakers!

I wish it was, though. Few questions I'd like to ask arch-Brexiteer Norris McWhirter...

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Buelligan

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 07, 2018, 12:42:15 PM
Don't you think it was incumbent on them to find out who they were donating money to and what it would be used for?

Like taxpayers?

I imagine that people generally consider themselves reasonably informed.  Is everyone reasonably informed about everything they're involved in?  Can you isolate individual acts of horror and judge everyone involved on these little islands of occurrence without any context?  Is that helpful?  Isn't that sort of behaviour exactly what leads to intractable continuing violence?

biggytitbo

If you absolutely *had* to eat a man how would you prepare him?

Buelligan

I'd apologise or at least make sure I had enthusiastic consent.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Buelligan on May 07, 2018, 01:22:40 PM
Like taxpayers?

I imagine that people generally consider themselves reasonably informed.  Is everyone reasonably informed about everything they're involved in?  Can you isolate individual acts of horror and judge everyone involved on these little islands of occurrence without any context?  Is that helpful?  Isn't that sort of behaviour exactly what leads to intractable continuing violence?

Possibly, but not nearly as much as giving money to the actual people who murder innocent civilians to encourage them to buy more Semtex and submachine guns.

Buelligan

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 07, 2018, 02:17:35 PM
Possibly, but not nearly as much as giving money to the actual people who murder innocent civilians to encourage them to buy more Semtex and submachine guns.

How much is too much?

You're judging that from where you stand, without knowing the individuals involved or their lives or histories, rather like someone who orders shoot to kill or cheers the Black and Tans or leaves a bag in a pub.  Everyone is innocent, everyone is complicit.  Judging part of a story is easy but you need to see the whole picture to know that we all have dirty hands and if you want to clean them you need to stop running your fingers through the corpses.

ollyboro

"Could I ask the panel what time does Mrs Brown's Boys start?"

biggytitbo

maett

'If you had too, I mean were forced to, have sex with one other of the guests who would it be and why?'