Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:13:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Spotted: Royal Wedding Tat.

Started by ollyboro, May 08, 2018, 09:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Would love to kick the shit out of that cake and laugh

BlodwynPig

Quote from: hermitical on May 09, 2018, 04:19:44 PM

£40, made to order
Half goes to charity though so....

So what? The charity could be "save a nazi"

Dex Sawash

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Attila on May 11, 2018, 06:04:39 PM
Why

I saw that on the news last night.  It occurred to me that when they eat the cake they'll have to cut it up, so someone is going to have to decapitate the cake.  And when that happens they won't be able to resist taking a photo.  That photo will inevitably end up being posted which will be followed by a dawn raid and a beating in the cells by the twitter police.

ollyboro

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on May 12, 2018, 11:47:41 AM
I saw that on the news last night.  It occurred to me that when they eat the cake they'll have to cut it up, so someone is going to have to decapitate the cake.  And when that happens they won't be able to resist taking a photo.  That photo will inevitably end up being posted which will be followed by a dawn raid and a beating in the cells by the twitter police.

Not sure the rozzers would be that interested in somebody decapitating a cake representation of Alan Nagsworth and Alanis Morissette.

Replies From View

I suspect decapitation won't be necessary; it should be possible to lift the entire naked body of each character out of their clothes, eat those clothes (yum!) and watch the naked Royal bodies rot away in the style of a Miss Havisham installation.

ollyboro

That'll bring the tourists in.

Ferris

Nobody seems that arsed about the wedding over here; logic seems to be "oh we had one of those already a few years ago". Now, some would say that's an asinine reason to be excited/not excited for one wedding and not the other, but think how fucking asinine you'd need to be in order to work up any excitement in the first place.

Will keep my eye out for tat. Then again, I have no idea when the wedding is happening so don't know if we're approaching the zenith of hysteria or what.

steve98

Yes we are(Many people, most people would prefer "Apogee" to "Zenith")

Ferris

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 12, 2018, 12:56:12 PM
Nobody seems that arsed about the wedding over here; logic seems to be "oh we had one of those already a few years ago". Now, some would say that's an asinine reason to be excited/not excited for one wedding and not the other, but think how fucking asinine you'd need to be in order to work up any excitement in the first place.

Will keep my eye out for tat. Then again, I have no idea when the wedding is happening so don't know if we're approaching the zenith of hysteria or what.

You haven't seen the crappy glossy mags claiming Megs as Toronto's own

Sebastian Cobb

She'd be better off trying to sell it to a couple who actually look like the cake.

I used to work at a place that did weddings. The reason you only get a slither of cake at a wedding is because most of them are shit to the point of being inedible.

Attila

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 12, 2018, 12:56:12 PM

So, you're saying you won't be shelling out $75K for a hotel 'wedding special' then. In DC of all places. How soon the locals forget that the British torched the place in 1814.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-44072050/us-hotel-s-75000-royal-wedding-special

Meanwhile, it's all my mother (who's in FL) wants to talk about when I phone her up, so you must be mercifully sequestered from it all.

I have to be up in London for most of next week; I'm under orders from a friend back home to hit up the Portobello Rd (or whatever) and find the tackiest tatty tat tat ever. Great.

Head Gardener

ollyboro

Quote from: Head Gardener on May 12, 2018, 07:57:34 PM

And there's the winner, right there. I burst out laughing at the Harry cozzie; it was a good minute before I scrolled across and realised the American actress was also there. Love  Harry's chin/minge.

Replies From View

Saw these today:

Imagine the people going to see the wedding, clutching their Royal Wedding mugs with all tea inside.  And they each have an Animotsu, as well.

Replies From View

Hilariously it makes her appear at once both neatly shaved and excessively hairy.

Glebe

Replies From View

Quote from: Blumf on May 13, 2018, 10:40:12 AM

One of the more bizarre outcomes of 4:3 to widescreen cropping.

Johnny Yesno

Attila

Right, that's my afternoon sorted

Head Gardener

idunnosomename

god that megan cake made me shiver. Then feel a bit sick. It's so terrifying.

I suppose that's a pretty good likeness of Harrybants tho to give them some credit

Attila

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 13, 2018, 05:41:04 PM
god that megan cake made me shiver. Then feel a bit sick. It's so terrifying.

I suppose that's a pretty good likeness of Harrybants tho to give them some credit

If they're full sized cakes, I want to see them play a game of operation with them.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Replies From View on May 13, 2018, 01:53:00 AM
Saw these today:

Imagine the people going to see the wedding, clutching their Royal Wedding mugs with all tea inside.  And they each have an Animotsu, as well.