Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:10:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bill and Ted 3

Started by Replies From View, May 09, 2018, 07:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Bill and Ted 3 has entered pre-production with the original writers and Reeves and Winters signed up.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/may/09/party-on-dudes-keanu-reeves-and-alex-winter-sign-on-for-third-bill-and-ted-film

QuoteThe story will reportedly catch up with the characters in middle-age, burdened by family responsibilities and still having failed to write the greatest song ever, until a visitor from the future arrives and tells them that fate of the world depends on them writing that song. So begins fresh hijinks as the duo travel through time to find inspiration.

Replies From View

Calling it now:  I bet the "inspiration" ends up being when they get back from the time travelling shananigans empty-handed, and look at their own kids in the present day.

Custard

Glebe

Sebastian Cobb

The fact it acknowledges they're middle aged rather than just ignoring they're all old now leaves me slightly hopeful.

It could be awful Clinton card nonsense RFW mentions though.

Sebastian Cobb

How are they going to time travel now payphones are redundant? App on a magic iPhone?

itsfredtitmus

i only realised a while back that bill and ted and wayne's world weren't the same film

Sebastian Cobb

You can tell them apart as Bill and Ted is better.

Steven

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 09, 2018, 10:10:58 AM
How are they going to time travel now payphones are redundant? App on a magic iPhone?

They are still in extant though, where's all the Police Boxes?

Custard

Yeah, Bill and Ted is far superior. Wayne's World has aged horrifically

Replies From View

I always thought it was odd there was only ever a bare-bones DVD release of the Bill and Ted films.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Shameless Custard on May 09, 2018, 10:43:51 AM
Yeah, Bill and Ted is far superior. Wayne's World has aged horrifically

Bill and Ted is a fun, breezy adventure film with a fantastic premise, but I'd definitely rank Wayne's World higher as a comedy. I rewatched it a couple of years ago and I didn't get the sense that it had aged badly at all. I could still easily reel off a dozen lines from that film that I absolutely love, but I'd struggle to do the same for Bill and Ted.

I do think that Bill and Ted 3 has a much higher chance of being decent than any potential Wayne's World revival, though.

Sebastian Cobb

Some of the best comedy in Bill and Ted are the physical bits, Beethoven going all Rick Wakeman on the keyboards, Napoleon going mad at the watermark and Joan of Ark smashing everything up.

Replies From View

First film is better than the second one, by the way.

We're all agreed on that?

Good.

mothman

The thing that always tickled me about the sequel that the mysterious-sounding De Nomolos, Rufus's old teacher... is actually Chuck De Nomolos, Rufus's old gym teacher. A nice little throwaway line.

Steven

Quote from: Replies From View on May 09, 2018, 12:13:10 PM
I always thought it was odd there was only ever a bare-bones DVD release of the Bill and Ted films.

There's always the Making Of Documentary.

Dr Rock

Well they've ruined everything else they may as well dig up another corpse and interfere with it.

Golden E. Pump

I love how they'll have to do a plotline that explains how Alex Winter looks like he's had all of Keanu's birthdays as well.

marquis_de_sad

Better than a remake, I guess.

Replies From View

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on May 09, 2018, 10:49:22 PM
Better than a remake, I guess.

Bill and Ted have children now, so they could well be thinking of spinning off a 'next generation' series from this.

When was there last a revival of a 1980s film that didn't have plans for a larger franchise appended to it?

Desirable Industrial Unit

Quote from: Replies From View on May 09, 2018, 02:17:57 PM
First film is better than the second one, by the way.

We're all agreed on that?

By a long distance.  Nostalgia goggles have been very kind to the second one.

saltysnacks

Why has Keanu never had another role like Ted? He's perfect as a 'dude', his acting is genuinely good in the series.

Shaky

Genuinely looking forward to this. The original films were equally great and, wisely, a fair different to each other so if they can pull something a bit left-field out of the bag it could really work. They're clearly doing it for the love of the characters - Reeves obviously doesn't need to play Ted again, Winter has had success directing commercials & such and Ed Solomon has a lucrative script-writing career (both credited and uncredited). They've been pushing for a decade or so to get it made. Yeah, this'll be good fun, I reckon.

idunnosomename

Quote from: thecuriousorange on May 09, 2018, 09:23:42 PM
Well they've ruined everything else they may as well dig up another corpse and interfere with it.
This is just the precedent of endorsement I've been waiting for

Replies From View

Quote from: saltysnacks on May 10, 2018, 03:00:23 AM
Why has Keanu never had another role like Ted? He's perfect as a 'dude', his acting is genuinely good in the series.

The Matrix was basically the same character wasn't it?  Or was it the lack of acting that made it seem like that?

I always saw The Matrix as Ted slightly older and out of his comfort zone.  He even says "whoa" a few times to prove it.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Desirable Industrial Unit on May 10, 2018, 02:49:38 AM
By a long distance.  Nostalgia goggles have been very kind to the second one.

Overall the film doesn't work, but William Sadler's performance makes it worth watching.

Custard

It went a bit weird when they had robots of themselves. One step too far

saltysnacks

Quote from: Replies From View on May 10, 2018, 08:37:36 AM
The Matrix was basically the same character wasn't it?  Or was it the lack of acting that made it seem like that?

I always saw The Matrix as Ted slightly older and out of his comfort zone.  He even says "whoa" a few times to prove it.

He's just a nothing in The Matrix, but he's clearly enjoying himself in Bill and Ted.

St_Eddie

Quote from: saltysnacks on May 10, 2018, 03:00:23 AM
Why has Keanu never had another role like Ted? He's perfect as a 'dude'...

I take it you've never seen Parenthood?  It's a great film and Reeves is very much playing a 'dude' character (and says "dude" a fair bit too).