Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:57:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

VERSUS 2017: The Contenders

Started by poo, May 09, 2018, 03:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMTV

"I was still at Khan's when Spook joined the club, but before that I played against him when he was at the Gapedrome.

You could tell immediately in training that he had a gift and a talent but he seemed to be viewed as a frustrating player - someone who lacked an end product.

I think that was down to people not really understanding what his game was about.

There was always a demand for more gapes from him, but he is so selfless they are not at the forefront of his mind.

It is what he does for his team-mates, and how he does it, that makes him so special".

Jermaine Jenas evaluates Ray "Spook" Jay's chances

Dr Trouser

Is this on free to air this year or am I going to have to buy a Now TV Sky Sports pass?

The streaming sites are unwatchable what with the heavy rotation of adverts by budget prolapse repair surgeons.

seepage

I think there's an obscure nntp group, but the posts are fractally-compressed, so you need a fairly powerful PC to watch them

Mr Eggs

Freemasonry TV 3 are streaming most of it. Just join the masons and turn up at a masonic hall.

Cuellar

Just read a very interesting think-piece about Ranjit the Cum-Crazy

Very interesting.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on May 11, 2018, 03:45:02 PM
Just read a very interesting think-piece about Ranjit the Cum-Crazy

Very interesting.

You ran that Versus fanzine in the 80s ("treble penetration"), if I recall. Not worth the bog roll it was printed on. Your opinions are not valued now, either. Stick to Lacrosse, mate.

thraxx

Quote from: Dr Trouser on May 11, 2018, 02:46:31 PM
Is this on free to air this year or am I going to have to buy a Now TV Sky Sports pass?

The streaming sites are unwatchable what with the heavy rotation of adverts by budget prolapse repair surgeons.

Sky have recently reordered sports onto dedicated channels, so you can subscribe to Sky Gape.

hamfist

tonight 22:30 Sky Gape : "Tug of the Titans" - a look back at some of the giants of the tugging scene. I set the Betamax as I'll be in bed by then, but it should be a great show.

BlodwynPig

Followed by "Tug of War" the story of the bitterness that resulted in the splitting of the sport into two codes. Tuggy League and Tuggy Union

seepage

I thought there was going to be some sort of Eurovision tie-in, but given the lack of gapes, I assume not

thraxx

Sky Gape's 'Gape Off Greats' tonight was about Lembit's Splayed Uretha, with a great segment about the legendary 'That stings, that stinks' bout at Wrexham Leisure Centre in 1991

Cuellar

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 11, 2018, 08:27:26 PM
You ran that Versus fanzine in the 80s ("treble penetration"), if I recall. Not worth the bog roll it was printed on. Your opinions are not valued now, either. Stick to Lacrosse, mate.

That's right! Always nice to meet a fan!

Ferris

Do we have dates for this? Want to make sure any planned vacation etc is swiftly canceled so this can have my full attention.