Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:50:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rare milk bottle tops.

Started by Glebe, May 10, 2018, 12:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

BlodwynPig

I got 2 naked Marilyn Monroe embossed ones you can have

Replies From View

You could get special milk bottle tops with Cadbury's Spira written on them, and the milk inside the bottle beneath was sour and had bits in.

Gregory Torso

I have the mid 70s "Four Tops" milk caps, which were Levi Stubbs (gold), Lawrence Payton (green), Renaldo "The Loaf" Benson (red) and Duke The Final One (pink).

Also, those weird rubber seals they released in the mid 80s to coincide with the hit comedy "Three Men And Half A Baby", sickly blue colour and prone to rot.

Replies From View

Anyone remember those clicky milk bottle tops you'd get free in your basket of Kellogg's Rooster that you had to ram into the spokes of your Raleigh?  Worratharrabout?

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Replies From View on May 10, 2018, 04:09:56 PM
Anyone remember those clicky milk bottle tops you'd get free in your basket of Kellogg's Rooster that you had to ram into the spokes of your Raleigh?  Worratharrabout?

I think those were called "cornflakes" and you were meant to eat them.

seepage

slightly off-topic, but for info the wire cage caps on Jaume Serra Cava have different, collectable pictures on e.g. the Arte Latino have pics representing different capital cities

Glebe

There were ones for about £1.46 in Lidl this morning.

Or No Offer.

Replies From View

Quote from: Gregory Torso on May 10, 2018, 04:34:42 PM
I think those were called "cornflakes" and you were meant to eat them.

Are you sure?  It would certainly explain why they dissolved so quickly.

New Jack

If you want rare milk bottle tops, there's nowt rarer than the kind up my arse - there's only six of them in the world up my arse right now.

Glebe

Spotted one in Poundstretcher today. £1.49. By the time the bidding ended, there were several police officers in attendance.