Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,466
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:03:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Predator

Started by St_Eddie, May 10, 2018, 02:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Gosh, that one actually gives you some idea what the film is about.

phantom_power

Some good actors in there as well. I will go out on a limb and say this will be the second best film involving a Predator

Kelvin

Didn't they already do ULTRA predators in the one with Adrien Brody?

edit: yes, they were called Beserkers, apparently. Might be interesting if they're building on that idea, rather than simply introducing an unrelated, even more ULTRA version.

Steven

Quote from: Kelvin on June 26, 2018, 06:06:23 PMedit: yes, they were called Beserkers, apparently. Might be interesting if they're building on that idea, rather than simply introducing an unrelated, even more ULTRA version.

Isn't this just like Ghoulies 2, where the end gimmick was they have a Big Ghoulie?

I bet this Predator doesn't end with him hiding in a toilet and biting someone on the bum, though. Think on Hollywood, think on.

St_Eddie

The new trailer is an improvement but I'm still mostly uninterested.

Quote from: Kelvin on June 26, 2018, 06:06:23 PM
Didn't they already do ULTRA predators in the one with Adrien Brody?

edit: yes, they were called Beserkers, apparently. Might be interesting if they're building on that idea, rather than simply introducing an unrelated, even more ULTRA version.

The big Predator in this movie is a hybrid.  It's taken DNA from humans (and possibly other species), to modify itself.  The regular predators team up with the humans to fight it.  It's all very silly, even by the series' standards.

Malcy

New trailer makes it look like a different film. Looks decent but a bit predictable as well.

St_Eddie

The official poster for The Predator...

...looks kinda naff to me.  The blood looks like it was drawn using MS Paint.  Still, I suppose that it's better than the lazy photoshopped 'actors heads in a line' posters that make up 90% of posters these days.

Thomas

The hunt has only bloody gone and evolved.

A better tagline: 'the cunt has evolved'.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 27, 2018, 04:40:04 PM
The official poster for The Predator...

...looks kinda naff to me.  The blood looks like it was drawn using MS Paint.  Still, I suppose that it's better than the lazy photoshopped 'actors heads in a line' posters that make up 90% of posters these days.

Yeah that's awful, if you hadn't said so I really wouldn't have thought it was official.  Most of the blood has clearly been cut & pasted from an image where it was originally running down a flat surface, with zero thought to how it will look just magically hanging in the air in perfect strips, in exactly the way that liquid doesn't.

Replies From View

Where it says 9.14 I thought it said LOTS.

The Bumlord

It's supposed to look like a badly painted 80s poster isn't it?

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Utterdrivel on June 28, 2018, 03:00:32 PM
It's supposed to look like a badly painted 80s poster isn't it?

In which case the graphic designer should have applied some brush effect filters and slapped a wrinkled poster texture over the top to evoke that more effectively, OR they should have hired an artist to paint an 80s style poster properly & do the retro look right, like Hobo With A Shotgun.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on June 28, 2018, 04:06:15 PM
In which case the graphic designer should have applied some brush effect filters and slapped a wrinkled poster texture over the top to evoke that more effectively, OR they should have hired an artist to paint an 80s style poster properly & do the retro look right, like Hobo With A Shotgun.

Yep.  If The Predator poster is meant to evoke an old school 80's poster, then it's a piss poor effort.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Dr Rock

'THIS TIME, THE HUNT GOT HUNTIER...

mothman

Quote from: Thomas on June 27, 2018, 05:14:40 PM
The hunt has only bloody gone and evolved.

A better tagline: 'the cunt has evolved'.

Missed a choice bit of casting they could have had, then.

St_Eddie

Major Reshoots for The Predator Confirmed to Have Drastically Altered the Movie. (SPOILERS)

So the hybrids (including the spider-predator) have gone and the last act has been retooled to be a sort of remake of the first movie.  I'm thinking that this will now be entertaining enough but utterly forgettable.  Personally, I was hoping for 'absolutely awful but entertaining in just how awful it is' (which prior to these reshoots, they were on track for).  No spider-predator, no dice, baby.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, just based on Shane Black's track record, but this is a bit disheartening.

Custard

Ah sweet, so we can just watch the first film again instead

St_Eddie

I've mentioned before that this movie features an alien dog, which teams up with the human protagonists (urgh...).  Via one of those absolutely God awful Funko Pop! figurines, we've got our first look (of sorts) at the alien mutt...

mothman

God, I fucking hate Funko Pops.

St_Eddie

Quote from: mothman on July 15, 2018, 04:28:32 PM
God, I fucking hate Funko Pops.

The only thing which I hate more is the people who buy them.

PlanktonSideburns

That dogs expression says it all really

Sebastian Cobb

Sod that.

This bastard usually ends up on the parcel shelf of any car I own.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: St_Eddie on July 15, 2018, 04:39:04 PM
The only thing which I hate more is the people who buy them.

I have two, but I didn't buy them so I'm off the hook ;)

St_Eddie

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on July 15, 2018, 10:29:14 PM
I have two, but I didn't buy them so I'm off the hook ;)

Close call.  Had you purchased them yourself, then my mind would have been torn between love and hate; the opposing dilemma of which would most likely cause my head to explode in a violent shower of gore and grey matter.

Once this Funko Pop! fad comes to an end, there will be millions of cheap, semi-identical looking, oversized headed versions of Walter from Breaking Bad and Marvel superheroes, filling landfills the world over.  Future generations will excavate these ghastly figurines and lament their strawy role in breaking the camel of global warming's back.  Somewhere among the discarded pile of unwanted tat, a Native American Funko Pop! looks on and sheds a single tear from it's stupid ugly, souless eye.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: St_Eddie on July 15, 2018, 10:45:33 PM
Close call.  Had you purchased them yourself, then my mind would have been torn between love and hate; the opposing dilemma of which would most likely cause my head to explode in a violent shower of gore and grey matter.

Once this Funko Pop! fad comes to an end, there will be millions of cheap, semi-identical looking, oversized headed versions of Walter from Breaking Bad and Marvel superheros, filling landfills the world over.  Future generations will excavate these ghastly figurines and lament their strawy role in breaking the camel of global warming's back.  Somewhere among the discarded pile of unwanted tat, a Native American Funko Pop! looks on and sheds a single tear from it's stupid ugly, souless eye.

Very true, but there's no better decorative way to immediately signify to visitors that my personality is somewhere between April Ludgate and Smurfette, short of drawing up a chart, and I'm awful at maths.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on July 15, 2018, 10:55:32 PM
...and I'm awful at maths.

It's simple, really; 1 Funko Pop! + 1 Funko Pop! = Two too many Funko Pops!

St_Eddie

The new poster...

Is ripped off from the X-Com 2 poster...

Both posters feature alien faces, viewed straight on.  Both faces are constructed with human skulls.  Both have a blue light on the left and a red light on the right.