Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:56:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Predator

Started by St_Eddie, May 10, 2018, 02:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

Predator is well boring.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

colacentral

The first is brilliant, all about the suspense and build-up to the final one on one fight. Structurally it's almost a Rocky film, or an adult Home Alone.

I tried giving the second another chance a few weeks ago. During the first ten minutes I thought I'd got it wrong, being quite pulled in by the mayhem of the world. But I turned it off during the subway scene, just couldn't take it anymore. Aimless, illogical film; shot completely flat and uninteresting; weird line delivery which sounds like everything was badly overdubbed; and a low-rent Robocop ripoff vibe to it, really more like Robocop 2 or 3.

I don't think the script is that bad, I think it could have been saved. The fault lies primarily with the director as it's technically so dated and uninteresting with really poor performances. I think the worst and most early 90's scene is that one where Danny Glover meets the Jamaican guy in the alley - that is a microcosm of all the film's failures in one scene.

mothman

Predator 2 is a "cult film" in a way that Predator isn't.

bgmnts

Predator 2 has Bill Paxton in it.

As much as I fucking love Arnie, I love Paxton more.

"Hey man! Watching Predator 2 is my speciality!"

colacentral

Quote from: mothman on October 01, 2018, 06:52:03 PM
Predator 2 is a "cult film" in a way that Predator isn't.

You mean it's a "bad" film in a way that Predator isn't.

Malcy

Predator 2 is great fun. The characters are sweatier than the jungle crew from he first. And it has the Alien skull and the Predator crashing through an old ladies bathroom followed by Danny Glover. Great stuff.