Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:45:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Being terminally single

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, May 10, 2018, 10:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: bgmnts on May 19, 2018, 01:25:56 PM
Thanks for reaffirming my inability to enjoy myself in the sexual paradise that is Swansea lads.

You mean your belief in your inability.

newbridge

Quote from: manticore on May 19, 2018, 05:27:33 PM
Okay, I've found out what 'double-fisting' means, but what is 'leftover Danish' and how can you double-fist it?

A delicious pastry, that's what it is.

batwings

Quote from: to infect aside on May 18, 2018, 09:40:05 AM
That strategy yer man had with the Snickers was a heavy read.

Aye, that really was a bit of a marathon.

Terminally single here. Low self-esteem, avoidant personality traits, emotionally numb, late 40s. No time wasters please.

bgmnts

I decided to have another crack at referral if the doc will permit, constant suicide ideation and hatred is genuinely exhausting.

Also realised i think i hate women and have no respect for them anymore which is NOT where i wanba be. Thank fuck for incels.

royce coolidge

Hi bgmnts,yes I think you would be best to step back for a while,see your GP about meds or other forms of help.
I am saying this as someone who relates to you quite a lot,though I think I am much older(47) but as self induced pressure increases
it can end up with real feelings of hostility to society and women in particular and that is very unattractive to those looking for companionship.
Not trying to preach mate,i really feel for you and hope that things change for the better.

Dex Sawash

Okay, I've found out what 'double-fisting' means, but what is 'leftover Danish' and how can you double-fist it?

We'll ask SMBH when he is out of hospital

but what is 'leftover Danish'

I think it's the antithesis of Lucky Pierre.

Pdine

Quote from: bgmnts on May 19, 2018, 07:25:43 PM
I decided to have another crack at referral if the doc will permit, constant suicide ideation and hatred is genuinely exhausting.

Also realised i think i hate women and have no respect for them anymore which is NOT where i wanba be. Thank fuck for incels.

Good luck bgmnts.

newbridge

Quote from: bgmnts on May 19, 2018, 07:25:43 PM
Also realised i think i hate women and have no respect for them anymore which is NOT where i wanba be.

Woah, come on man, just because of the "leftover Danish" thing?

(In all seriousness though, sorry to hear that and best wishes bgmnts)

manticore

Quote from: newbridge on May 19, 2018, 06:11:32 PM
A delicious pastry, that's what it is.

So her parents were out for the night holding leftover danish pastries in both hands? I see. Well I don't really.

shh

Quote from: bgmnts on May 19, 2018, 01:25:56 PM
Thanks for reaffirming my inability to enjoy myself in the sexual paradise that is Swansea lads.

If it's any consolation I spent a few days in Amsterdam recently and the closest I got to any nudie ladies were some lusty flemish peasants in the rijksmuseum.

bgmnts

Quote from: shh on May 20, 2018, 11:53:14 PM
If it's any consolation I spent a few days in Amsterdam recently and the closest I got to any nudie ladies were some lusty flemish peasants in the rijksmuseum.

Did they have colds or something?

checkoutgirl

Double fisting leftover Danish makes no sense to me at all. None.

Ferris

It means eating leftover Danish pastries (so sort of cheap stale ones from yesterday), and "double-fisting" them (ie eating with both hands) to imply a feverish desire in consuming vast quantities of the unappealing confections.

I'm well out of the loop (I genuinely thought instagram was the same as snapchat the other day and my wife had to explain why they're different) and even I got that.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 21, 2018, 11:10:19 PM
It means eating leftover Danish pastries (so sort of cheap stale ones from yesterday), and "double-fisting" them (ie eating with both hands) to imply a feverish desire in consuming vast quantities of the unappealing confections.

I'm well out of the loop (I genuinely thought instagram was the same as snapchat the other day and my wife had to explain why they're different) and even I got that.

The double fisting bit threw me. I pictured them pushing both their fists through the Danish as if they were sexually violating the hapless breakfast pastry.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: Pdine on May 18, 2018, 09:58:23 PM
Only vaguely relevant, but blazingly well-written:

https://www.vogue.com/article/lena-dunham-break-up-vogue-june-2018

I liked this. It was well written. thanks for posting.

canadagoose

This is maybe only vaguely related to the topic, but does anyone else fear they'll be single for a lot longer than they'd like because they're very aware of their own faults and idiosyncrasies - maybe a bit more so than before? I sometimes imagine a potential partner following me around whenever I do things, and going "look at the state of that!" and "why do you do that?!"

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: canadagoose on May 22, 2018, 04:52:21 PM
This is maybe only vaguely related to the topic, but does anyone else fear they'll be single for a lot longer than they'd like because they're very aware of their own faults and idiosyncrasies - maybe a bit more so than before? I sometimes imagine a potential partner following me around whenever I do things, and going "look at the state of that!" and "why do you do that?!"

I think it's probably natural to focus on your weaknesses and how they might be perceived or musunderstood by potential dates/partners when you're single. I know I do it. 'I'm weird, who's going to find that attractive?' I often ask my own head.

canadagoose

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on May 22, 2018, 04:57:00 PM
I think it's probably natural to focus on your weaknesses and how they might be perceived or musunderstood by potential dates/partners when you're single. I know I do it. 'I'm weird, who's going to find that attractive?' I often ask my own head.
I'm glad I'm not alone. I like to think I'd be accepting of other people's oddness (and hopefully will even find it endearing), so I'd like to hope there'd be some reciprocity rather than just criticism from a potential partner.

Noonling

I haven't read most of this thread, but

Quote from: Jockice on May 11, 2018, 12:07:03 AM
I spent from the age of 31 to 48 single and for the final 13 years of that didn't have as much as a snog.

That's really cheered me up, thanks mate!

Jockice

Quote from: Noonling on May 22, 2018, 06:08:23 PM
I haven't read most of this thread, but

That's really cheered me up, thanks mate!

Anytime pal. Anytime.

bgmnts

Same thing happened to me today. Ghosted, money wasted on train ticket.

Why do some people have it so easy? Did they sell their soul to the devil?

newbridge

Quote from: bgmnts on May 23, 2018, 12:00:15 PM
Same thing happened to me today. Ghosted, money wasted on train ticket.

Why do some people have it so easy? Did they sell their soul to the devil?

Who has it easy?

Uncle TechTip

bgmnts

Quote from: newbridge on May 23, 2018, 02:47:29 PM
Who has it easy?

Lots of people.

Edit - depends on your perspective obv.

I've noticed that a lot of attractive, socially-normal people seem to have a ton of wacky interpersonal drama going on in their lives. Different set of challenges, albeit with more & better sex (which probably wears thin after a few years)

Quote from: to infect aside on May 23, 2018, 03:17:49 PM
I've noticed that a lot of attractive, socially-normal people seem to have a ton of wacky interpersonal drama going on in their lives. Different set of challenges, albeit with more & better sex (which probably wears thin after a few years)

This is why I'm happy to be weird and have a mere handful of actual, proper friends and a partner with likewise.

My ex was a real social butterfly, really fucking hot and, yeah, the absolutely pointless drama that followed her and her massive group of overly confident friends was staggering.

Everyone was totally empty, devoid of anything of value in their lives other than these tenuous social connections. They secretly hated each other, lied constantly, everyone was fucking each other's partners then having massive blow ups when one found out "How dare you sleep with my boyfriend even though I've also been fucking yours and several others!"

They'd all have these ridiculous filters upon filters on their Facebook profiles so they could maintain the illusion of being open and social whilst giving different versions of themselves to different people.

All the time I'd have to hear about all this stuff and my head would be screaming "I. JUST. DON'T. GIVE. A. FUCK." Until she started blocking various things from me on Facebook and I soon found out that she was fucking some guy from the gym so I dumped her.

Everything about them was an illusion. Everyone just pretending because it was the thing to be seen to do because you wouldn't want to be lonely. Fuck that. I'll take alone any time over another leap into that world of shite.

St_Eddie

Quote from: newbridge on May 23, 2018, 02:47:29 PM
Who has it easy?

If you need to ask that, then you don't even know.