Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:16:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Identify a probably shit PC game I played as a child

Started by ASFTSN, May 11, 2018, 10:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin Agog

Shiny programmers later made Giants: Citizen Kabuto, right?  With the three gameplay sections...a squad shooter, a Valkyria-style Turn-Based Base Builder, and a giant Godzilla squishing villages.  Really ambitious devs.  That one where you possessed people, and depending on their job and what type of person they were, the characters would have very different skills was interesting, too.  Guess different types of gameplay in the same game was their thing.  And then they made that dumb shooty shooter Armed & Dangerous and did themselves in.

Bhazor

Armed & Dangerous was a decent enough precursor to Ratchet and Clank.

What did them in was probably their licensed games like Enter The Matrix. Which errrrrrrrrrrr didn't go great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvDeXaiBy3I

I think they were another victim of the times. One of the ambitious 90s early 00s off kilter devs who simply couldn't transition into making the blockbusters Publishers started to demand as the industry became mainstream.

Phil_A

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on October 18, 2018, 11:22:31 AM
I remember getting MDK free with my first graphics card (probably some 3DFX Voodoo thing) not knowing anything about the game but it was a blast. I never played the sequel though, was that any cop?

I played it on the Dreamcast and the controls were absolute dogshit, ruined the whole thing for me. Got as far as the first boss and then gave up.

I loved the first one, too. So disappointed.

Sin Agog

Quote from: Bhazor on October 18, 2018, 03:54:06 PM
What did them in was probably their licensed games like Enter The Matrix. Which errrrrrrrrrrr didn't go great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvDeXaiBy3I

They were even ahead of their time in the way they went bankrupt.  *cough* Telltale *cough*

(Ugh, that asterisk cough thing felt really dirty).

Jerzy Bondov

MDK2 wasn't actually made by Shiny, it was a Bioware game. Sadly you couldn't make the dog have sex with the professor