Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:41:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Kathy Burke

Started by jobotic, May 12, 2018, 10:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Two great tweets tonight in response to someone asking "what have you been thrown out of?"

QuoteKeith Allan threw me out of his house party in the 80's claiming I was too drunk. That's hard man hedonist, Keith Allan. Called him a cunt on the way out. Happy days. https://t.co/diU54frzPn

QuoteBoy George had me thrown out of a party in the 80's claiming I called him a queer. I didn't. I called him a cunt for calling my mates sister a bitch. Happy days. https://t.co/diU54frzPn

Happy days.

itsfredtitmus

Glebe

QuoteBoy George had me thrown out of a party in the 80's claiming I called him a queer. I didn't. I called him a cunt for calling my mates sister a bitch. Happy days.

He overheard her saying "I AM SMOKING A FAG!" and took it the wrong way.

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: Glebe on May 13, 2018, 10:22:29 AM
He overheard her saying "I AM SMOKING A FAG!" and took it the wrong way.

That reminds me of Elastica.... They couldn't release their debut album with the chosen title of "Smoking Some Fags" because in America that means "Shooting Some Gay People".

gmoney

My partner interviewed her for her blog and she was apparently absolutely lovely, beyond helpful and nice. What an ace person.

Jockice

Quote from: dozybugcarrot on May 13, 2018, 05:21:11 PM
That's great! Context?

Didn't Helena say in an interview that she had a tough time getting roles because she was posh and pretty? Obviously. It must be sheer hell.

jobotic

Yep. That's what happened. I looked it up and that's exactly it.

dozybugcarrot

Ah thank you. And how unfortunate.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Jockice on May 13, 2018, 07:10:42 PM
Didn't Helena say in an interview that she had a tough time getting roles because she was posh and pretty? Obviously. It must be sheer hell.

she's not working so much since she fell out with the only director who ever cast her in anything.

they should have done a big-screen remake of "my wife next door".

Jockice

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on May 13, 2018, 11:41:57 AM
That reminds me of Elastica.... They couldn't release their debut album with the chosen title of "Smoking Some Fags" because in America that means "Shooting Some Gay People".

I've always wanted to form a death metal band called Fagsmoker and see what sort of audience they got in America.

Hobo With A Shit Pun

The continued excellence of Burke brings home the tragedy of Morrissey's mental decline: She's always been a fan (giving "The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get" as her example of an acceptable love song on room 101, giving a turn as Moz's dead mate in the video for Ouija Board, Ouija Board, etc.); I wonder what her take on his latest bilge is?

Virgo76

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on May 13, 2018, 08:37:36 PM
she's not working so much since she fell out with the only director who ever cast her in anything.

Not really true at all.