Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:08:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jimmy Dore

Started by MortSahlFan, May 13, 2018, 01:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MortSahlFan

I'm not a big fan of his stand-up, but he makes great points, and doesn't shield "his" side.... Also has had funny moments with his interesting guests (Jesse Ventura, Glenn Greenwald, etc).

MortSahlFan

RedRevolver

Yeesh, Jimmy's a tit who can't do basic research for his show. I'm not saying I think he's bad or a moron but he's not anywhere near as astute as he'd like to think he is.  When Cenk looks scholarly next you, maybe just try harder at the jokes...

MortSahlFan

Quote from: RedRevolver on June 26, 2018, 09:20:44 PM
Yeesh, Jimmy's a tit who can't do basic research for his show. I'm not saying I think he's bad or a moron but he's not anywhere near as astute as he'd like to think he is.  When Cenk looks scholarly next you, maybe just try harder at the jokes...

Out of curiosity, could you elaborate? I never heard about him until a few weeks ago, and 99% of comedians aren't interesting to me, but I thought this show was good.

José

jimmy dore believes seth rich was killed by hillary clinton's personal black ops murder squad, is a 9/11 truther, thinks the syrian gas attacks are hoaxes, the las vegas sniper was a false flag and a possibly a pizzagater. he's the centrist equivalent of glenn beck.

...but (if you can overlook all that stuff) he's also a terrible comedian and a twitchy little weasel with squinty eyes.

Funcrusher

I only know of Jimmy Dore via Sam Seder regular slating him on his Majority Report daily podcast.

Sam slapping the shit out of his appearance on Joe Rogan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCh3OZaEWFw

You're better off checking out The Majority Report on YouTube, MSF. Better politics and funnier.

Twed

Quote from: José on June 28, 2018, 07:47:30 PM
jimmy dore believes seth rich was killed by hillary clinton's personal black ops murder squad, is a 9/11 truther, thinks the syrian gas attacks are hoaxes, the las vegas sniper was a false flag and a possibly a pizzagater. he's the centrist equivalent of glenn beck.
Yeah, he's one of those figures that was always destined to disappoint. Prominent men on the left almost always end up giving people reasons to attack the left as a whole.

MortSahlFan

I like Jimmy because he doesn't hold a cloak over the truth.. If a political party is worthy, they wouldn't avoid criticism at all costs.. If they are worthy, then not only should they be able to withstand it, but the entire country is better off. Might as well start on the right step, or end up running out of band-aids.

Dog Botherer

I feel like Jimmy Dore is a gateway to the Chapo led "Dirtbag Left" irony boy Twitter, which is a lot funnier and less prone to conspiracy wackery. I kinda went TYT > Dore > Irony Twitter > Chapo Trap House.

Dore is fine in small doses but he's really ratcheted up the conspiracy guff lately. In fairness I think there may have been a tongue in cheek element originally but I think it's long gone.

ieXush2i

Petey Pate

His podcast was a lot better during the Obama presidency. Most of the frequent guests in those years now no longer appear on the show, in part due to his anti-Hillary stance, and there's now less variety and more conspiracy theories.

Mike McRae's impressions are still pretty funny though.

MortSahlFan

It seems like everyone likes someone, until they attack their sacred cows.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: MortSahlFan on June 30, 2018, 11:38:56 PM
It seems like everyone likes someone, until they attack their sacred cows.

Hillary is garbage mate, doesn't change the fact that Jimmy boy is a bit of a crank.

MortSahlFan

Quote from: Dog Botherer on July 01, 2018, 05:24:06 AM
Hillary is garbage mate, doesn't change the fact that Jimmy boy is a bit of a crank.
What has he said that made you believe that.. I'm not asking rhetorically - if you send me a clip, I'd like to see what he says that is cranky.

ieXush2i

The Majority Report has torn him several new arseholes over his crankiness

Sam Seder just knows this shit inside and out, and mops the floor with him. The amount of times Dore backs himself into a corner, does a nervous laugh and tries to "joke" his way out is remarkable

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SH_pgiRdm7U