Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:56:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Maddy McCann is fifteen today

Started by Phoenix Lazarus, May 13, 2018, 02:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

not friend

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 20, 2018, 03:09:37 PM

It was released by the Mccans themselves so you're presumably arguing they photoshopped their own missing 3 year old daughter to look sexier?

Oh I see, well I was wrong to assume it was fake then.

Paul Calf

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 20, 2018, 03:04:21 PM

Take a part of the statement and do a Google search for it in quotes. Scepticism is one thing, you're just been silly.

I did that. Nothing even approaching the description of 'a credible source' is returned. They're a mixture of sic-the-McCanns blogs, third-hand quotes in forum posts. and...um...David Icke.

not friend

Would I have more success if I searched for the sections of the statement in Portuguese?

biggytitbo

I didn't make any claims about the credibility of anything, I am pointing out it is not an obscure statement, I have known about it for years, it has been discussed many times. Richard d Halls endless documentaries discuss it quite a bit aswell. It is

A) a well known statement amongst people who discuss the case
B) a real police statement give by a real person

not friend

Given that it has been around for years and is not an obscure statement, would it not be possible to provide a credible source for the statement?  I'm not familiar with Richard D Hall's endless* documentaries, does he say what source he uses for the statement?

*Is there really someone making endless documentaries about the McCanns?

biggytitbo

The actual police files are a credible source, although you apperently think everything in the case is fake. Do you think Madeline McCann is real?

Funcrusher

The make up picture is not a Photoshop. It first appeared on a montage video made by one of Gerry's relatives. The McCanns themselves have addressed, saying it was her raiding Mummy's dress up box or something, so they've said it's real.

Quote from: Funcrusher on May 20, 2018, 03:19:33 PM
The McCanns themselves have addressed, saying it was her raiding Mummy's dress up box or something

Kate's a bit old for that, and to call her mother that.

not friend

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 20, 2018, 03:19:09 PM
The actual police files are a credible source, although you apperently think everything in the case is fake. Do you think Madeline McCann is real?

Are you able to show me in any way that the statement on the obscure websites you've shared is an actual statement from a police case? That's the crux of the matter.  I'm not trying to denigrate any of the claims you're making, I'd just like to see some evidence that the statement is authentic.

Let me put it this way - why are you so convinced of its veracity? Could you tell me that what was the thing you saw or read that made you think it was a real thing?

Twed

How can you think you can figure anything out about any of this, let alone uncover some truth?

Fuck. We all know nothing. Sit down.

Funcrusher

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on May 20, 2018, 03:22:39 PM
Kate's a bit old for that, and to call her mother that.

I agree, but those were pretty much the words used as I understand it.

biggytitbo

The Portugese police released their files on the McCann case in 2008 -

QuoteThe document — dated July 21, the day the investigation was officially shelved — was made public as part of the massive dossier of evidence assembled over the 14-month investigation.

Portuguese authorities released the police files yesterday after lifting the period of judicial secrecy in the case.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/aug/05/madeleinemccann.internationalcrime

These are those files, about 11,000 of them in all - http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 20, 2018, 02:59:40 PM
It's not an obscure statement. It's quoted extremely widely on the countless websites and documentaries about the case. It's not fake.

Now biggy, you should know as well as anyone, the fact it's reported widely offers nothing to prove its credibility, right?

You just freely contradict yourself all the time and nobody cares.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 20, 2018, 03:40:24 PM
The Portugese police released their files on the McCann case in 2008 -
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/aug/05/madeleinemccann.internationalcrime

These are those files, about 11,000 of them in all - http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/

Are they still legible? What I mean is, have you always wiped them cum off after you've finished with them?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on May 20, 2018, 05:06:49 PM
Now biggy, you should know as well as anyone, the fact it's reported widely offers nothing to prove its credibility, right?

You just freely contradict yourself all the time and nobody cares.

What am I contradicting? That is her police statement isn't it, or are you on the everything is fake bandwagon aswell?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 20, 2018, 05:08:59 PM
Are they still legible? What I mean is, have you always wiped them cum off after you've finished with them?
You must really have a low opinion of me if you think I wouldn't laminate them first.

Steven

Isnt Anything

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 20, 2018, 12:47:55 PMIt's not just the man making the sexual gesture about a toddler, its also the fact these people let men in the party bathe their young children.

Maybe brings a new angle to Kates reported initial anguished cry 'Theyve taken her, theyve taken her' doesnt it ?

Isnt Anything

idunnosomename

They're doctors. They probably drugged her to get her to pass out while they boozed, she died, they melted her body and bones to cover up their crime which would mean the end of their careers.

jobotic

Of course, I know what happened.

Could you tell us then and show us some evidence?

Google it yourself you fucking lazy prick.

Priceless. Doesn't even matter what the subject is.

Isnt Anything

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 20, 2018, 08:54:05 PMThey're doctors. They probably drugged her to get her to pass out while they boozed, she died, they .... cover up their crime which would mean the end of their careers.

a once popular and some ( ill-informed and heartless reprobates ) might say somewhat plausible scenario that has become rather less so since they started suing or at least threatening to sue people who repeat it

Steven

Quote from: jobotic on May 20, 2018, 10:46:00 PM
Of course, I know what happened.

Could you tell us then and show us some evidence?

Google it yourself you fucking lazy prick.

Priceless. Doesn't even matter what the subject is.

Eh, I don't think I've ever said I know exactly what's going on in the McCann case, just that the story we've been fed in the press is obviously bollocks. And he was asking stupid questions he could easily google himself but if you actually bothered to serve up the information he'd then talk complete bollocks to deny it. THOSE POLICE STATEMENTS AREN'T REAL, GERRY MCCANN IS OBVIOUSLY THE FATHER BECAUSE I SAY SO EVEN THOUGH THEY NEVER SUED THE NEWSPAPER THAT HAD ROCK SOLID EVIDENCE THIS WAS NOT THE CASE, THAT MADELEINE PHOTO IS PHOTOSHOPPED. As previously has been gone over in the thread, he's a wind-up merchant.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Isnt Anything on May 20, 2018, 11:09:46 PM
a once popular and some ( ill-informed and heartless reprobates ) might say somewhat plausible scenario that has become rather less so since they started suing or at least threatening to sue people who repeat it

Have the Mccans ever succsefully used anyone?

Bobtoo

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 21, 2018, 06:49:08 AM

Have the Mccans ever succsefully used anyone?

It's what they are best at, as far as I can tell.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Bobtoo on May 21, 2018, 07:35:20 AM
It's what they are best at, as far as I can tell.

There case against Amaral was eventually thrown out though wasn't it?

EDIT - Doh, I meant sued not used obv.

phantom_power

Young children occasionally wearing a bit of make-up is not unusual. Calling it a "lolita" photo is fairly repugnant

People letting their friends bathe their young children, especially if they have young children themselves, is not an unusual thing and any suggestion of impropriety based on that is also pretty grim

Children make inappropriate sexual gestures without knowing the meaning of them all the time as well and should be dismissed out of hand as any sort of "evidence"

Any documentary or allegedly serious investigation that uses any of that as part of the case for the prosecution is suspect with regard to bias, believeability and intellectual rigour

biggytitbo

It's all evidence though, what you've done there is just selectively cast some doubt on it, all of which could equally be spun the other way. Thats what would happen at a trial, each piece of evidence would be cast in a different light by the defense and prosecution in an attempt to build their favoured picture of what happened. One possible prosecution tactic would be to build a case that there were  several suspicious people around the McCann circle of friends, in which case the Gaspar evidence would be cast in as dark a light as possible, and then they'd probably try to demonstrate a previous relationship between the McCanns and Murat, who is an odd character, and go from there.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 21, 2018, 08:09:01 AM
It's all evidence though, what you've done there is just selectively cast some doubt on it, all of which could equally be spun the other way. Thats what would happen at a trial, each piece of evidence would be cast in a different light by the defense and prosecution in an attempt to build their favoured picture of what happened. One possible prosecution tactic would be to build a case that there were  several suspicious people around the McCann circle of friends, in which case the Gaspar evidence would be cast in as dark a light as possible, and then they'd probably try to demonstrate a previous relationship between the McCanns and Murat, who is an odd character, and go from there.

You've not been present at many trials, have you biggy.  Monty Python courtroom scenes are closer to reality than you sometimes.

When things are going correctly, a prosecution doesn't tend to pick someone who's feasibly a bit "odd" and then, with no evidence of any crime, perform a character assassination before pinning a child abduction on them.