Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:28:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sunday afternoon get told about murdered neighbour

Started by Shit Good Nose, May 13, 2018, 11:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

A few weeks ago I got back home at the end of a work night out to find several police cars and ambulances taking up our entire cul-de-sac whilst they saw to one of our neighbours a few doors along.  He's an ex drug dealer (though only low-level stuff - weed, acid) who went straight not long before we moved into our current house in 2005 and has been trying to lead an as-normal life as possible ever since, but, due to bouts of depression and alcoholism, not without some hiccups along the way.

Anyway, he was carted out into one of the ambulances after a couple of hours and his heart evidently stopped as they were wheeling him from his house to the ambulance, as I stood in the front bedroom window watching whilst they did resus and all that.  Eventually the ambulances all went, leaving the police, who stayed around for the next few days on constant guard, during which time we had three forensics teams come and go as well. 

The work night out was Friday, we found out that he died in hospital on the Sunday.  None of the police or PCSOs would give us any information at all, other than "his past caught up with him, but there's nothing that anyone else living around here needs to worry about moving forward" (for all this drama and connection to the drug world, we live in a very very quiet part of town with well-to-do middle class neighbours).  Today, one of our neighbours on the next block up told us the truth as her nephew (whom we know to be a doctor at the RUH in Bath) was one of the docs trying to save his life.  And, fucking hell...

He owed a lot of money (apparently in the tens of thousands) to someone who was indeed from his past, and they "employed" one of this guy's old druggie mates/customers to get him loaded with booze and then basically force him to take an enormous heroin overdose that was designed to kill him (I don't know if that means the heroin was laced with something particularly nasty, or just the sheer amount and/or purity of heroin). 

Just to put that into context, the last time the police were called to our little cul-de-sac was in 1996 when a "suspicious man" was seen hanging around late one evening, but it turned out it was one of the residents smoking a birthday cigar as his wife wouldn't let him smoke it in the house.

Drama, eh?

BlodwynPig

I've just left Bath. Word on the street. You're next!

gib

I like how the police weren't allowed to tell you but could give you a clue.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 13, 2018, 11:45:11 PM
I've just left Bath. Word on the street. You're next!

Not until that love scene with Jen you've been promising me for so long.

Quote from: gib on May 13, 2018, 11:45:29 PM
I like how the police weren't allowed to tell you but could give you a clue.

That was a PCSO, and I think only cos I made him a cuppa and offered him a biscuit (which he politely refused).

Danger Man

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on May 13, 2018, 11:41:47 PM
Drama, eh?

Christ. A murder could lower nearby house prices and push you into negative equity.

Shit Good Nose

Which isn't a problem as I doubt we'll ever move from here.

jobotic

gib

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on May 13, 2018, 11:53:10 PM
Which isn't a problem as I doubt we'll ever move from here.

not with all the murderers around

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: jobotic on May 13, 2018, 11:55:41 PM
Bit of perspective please. I have a mouse.

Yeah, sorry - at least in our case someone else did the murder so we didn't have to worry about it.  I empathise and sympathise.

Quote from: gib on May 13, 2018, 11:55:47 PM
not with all the murderers around

Loads and loads o' killinnz.

Sebastian Cobb

The Digger was reporting on heroin murders the other week.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 14, 2018, 12:11:07 AM
The Digger was reporting on heroin murders the other week.

Midsomer Norton is the new Glasgow.

Pijlstaart

Lot of neighbours who should have been murdered but weren't. There was an old lady in our street who wore tracksuits and she'd slip both hands down the back of her tracksuit as she walked and when they came up at the end of the walk, they were brown. Maybe her legs didn't work on their own and she needed to hand-crank each buttock to keep moving, but I reckon she just liked the feel of them. Sordid. Chain-smoker, and she had a big dog that kept escaping and it'd run about in the street and it kept trying to gobble us up. Our lives were at risk from the gobbling dog, and her life should have been in danger too, from murderers, but it wasn't. Very little justice.

A man lives down the road from father, and the man washes his car every week. Father hates him for it, and wishes he would be murdered. I'm not fussed, but you can't build a healthy murdering culture if you second-guess everything, they all have redeeming features and if you let that get to you then there'll never be any murders, which nobody wants.

Ray Travez

I once met this murdered neighbour at a charity do. He was surprisingly awful and smelt of rusks.

ollyboro

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on May 13, 2018, 11:47:29 PM

That was a PCSO, and I think only cos I made him a cuppa and offered him a biscuit (which he politely refused).

What type of biscuit was it?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: ollyboro on May 14, 2018, 11:38:54 AM
What type of biscuit was it?

Custard creams. He had some posh Borders in the cupboard but decided he wasn't opening them for anything less than a Constable.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 14, 2018, 12:13:23 PM
Custard creams. He had some posh Borders in the cupboard but decided he wasn't opening them for anything less than a Constable.

He fucking WISHES it was custard creams.  Morrisons own digestives.  And they're fucking 'orrible.  They were the only biscuits we had in, though. 

Brundle-Fly

mothman

A former flatmate of mine killed his wife (lost his rag during an argument - not that it justifies, but she was quite domineering and he was quite meek, until one day he snapped - and hit her too hard), chopped up her body, put the bits in the fridge then fled the country. Discovered probably earlier than he'd intended, when his parents were worried they'd not heard from him, went round to his house, let themselves in, and decided to make a cup of tea while they were there, and went to see if there was any milk in the fridge...

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: mothman on May 16, 2018, 09:06:03 PM
...and went to see if there was any milk in the fridge...

...and was there?! Come on, don't leave us hanging like this!

St_Eddie

Quote from: mothman on May 16, 2018, 09:06:03 PM
A former flatmate of mine killed his wife (lost his rag during an argument - not that it justifies, but she was quite domineering and he was quite meek, until one day he snapped - and hit her too hard), chopped up her body, put the bits in the fridge then fled the country. Discovered probably earlier than he'd intended, when his parents were worried they'd not heard from him, went round to his house, let themselves in, and decided to make a cup of tea while they were there, and went to see if there was any milk in the fridge...

When and how was he caught and arrested?

spamwangler

St_Eddie

Quote from: spamwangler on May 16, 2018, 10:54:21 PM
Yes. Used to post here under the name Mook

Mook?  The guy who carpet bombed me with negative karma when I first joined this forum and relentlessly picked on me, leading to me falling into a deep depression for three days?  Huh, I guess karma truly does work!

St_Eddie

Actually, that was kind of harsh.  I never liked the guy because he categorically was a dick to me when I first joined but none the less, I'm genuinely sorry to hear that he went down the path that he did.

Mister Six

A schoolmate's dad strangled a girl and kept her body in the freezer at the bottom of the garden. He was linked to another strangled girl, but that was it.

The lack of a third victim meant he missed out on that coveted serial killer status, poor bloke.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Mister Six on May 17, 2018, 01:42:29 AM
A schoolmate's dad strangled a girl and kept her body in the freezer at the bottom of the garden. He was linked to another strangled girl, but that was it. The lack of a third victim meant he missed out on that coveted serial killer status.

When it comes to wannabe serial killers, the third time really is the charm.

Shaky

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on May 13, 2018, 11:41:47 PM
He owed a lot of money (apparently in the tens of thousands) to someone who was indeed from his past, and they "employed" one of this guy's old druggie mates/customers to get him loaded with booze and then basically force him to take an enormous heroin overdose that was designed to kill him (I don't know if that means the heroin was laced with something particularly nasty, or just the sheer amount and/or purity of heroin). 

That's just silly. The guy's never going to get his money back now.

Jockice

When I was a young reporter I went out on the piss one night with a colleague who returned home to find several police on his street. He asked what was going on, was told it was a domestic argument and went to bed. Turned out his next-door neighbour had been stabbed to death. He got bollocked at work the next day for missing the 'scoop' but you know, what could he possibly have done anyway? Interviewed the corpse?

Replies From View

Any news about whether the neighbour has still been murdered?

Shit Good Nose

Yes and no - no further details about the death/murder itself (although I think the story from our other neighbour is reliable - we've known her for 12-13 years and, as I said, we already knew her nephew is a doc at the RUH), BUT another forensics visit is apparently due at some point in the next few days whilst some of the shit that was in the house has been moved out, and his immediate neighbour said that they'd been told by the police that it's an "ongoing investigation", which may account for why there's been absolutely nothing in the local news about it.

Also, the people who own the house (turns out he was renting, which I didn't know) have apparently been told that they must thoroughly vet all prospective tenants as there are now families with young children either side (which there weren't when he first moved in).  So that's a good thing. (although we're all hoping they'll decide to sell it outright)