Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:33:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anon

Started by Icehaven, May 14, 2018, 08:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Anyone else seen this yet? Moody sci-fi noir from Andrew Niccol who also made Gattaca, which it bears a very strong resemblance to (not least because of the future-with-a-1950's-aesthetic look of it) only even colder and more detached. I got a bit lost towards the end and there seemed to be absolutely gaping plot holes too (although maybe I just misunderstood the rules of the world it was set in), overall it felt a bit 6/10, could have been better. But it looks pretty.

bgmnts

The trailer looked a bit naff but I must admit Amanda Seyfried looks bloody gorgeous in it.

Although every time I see it advertised I can't help but going "Mmm Anon", mimicking the Danon adverts, so I don't think i'd take the film seriously.

Icehaven

I've just realised what it reminded me of; a really long perfume advert. I wouldn't have been surprised if Clive Owen had turned to the camera and said ''Anon, the mysterious new fragrance pour l'homme'' at any point.

Dex Sawash

Fitting title I thought. Looked real nice.