Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:53:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

George Clinton announces retirement / final UK dates.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, May 14, 2018, 10:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Just got an email his final UK dates will be Nottingham/Manchester/London on the 7/8/9th of July.

I've not actually seen him, is he still worth seeing? I saw Nile Rodgers a few years ago and he still had it, others of that era I've seen didn't.

lebowskibukowski

I'm toying with the idea of seeing him at the Love Supreme festival but, yes, stuck between really wanting to see him before he disappears and the horrible thought that he might be a bit shit these days. Mind you, he has pretty much always kept his eye in -it's not like he's come back after 20 years in the wilderness .

Golden E. Pump

He hasn't been able to sing for at least twenty years, but it's not really about that. Tempted to go just because it'll be one hell of a party.

ieXush2i

It's fantastic, provided he doesn't do any new stuff (ie from the past 20 years) as this takes up most of the set, and is performed and written by 4th generation P-Funksters.

Other than that, one of the best gigs you can go to.

Z

Saw him about 10 years ago as a teenager in what's usually the late night techno slot of a music festival.

Have absolutely no memory of what everyone else thought but I had a fucking ball. The set was heavily focused on Mothership Connection to the best of my memory.

Churston Deckle

I've seen them many times, and have been a fan since 1976. Quite honestly, I wouldn't bother now - and I can't believe I'm saying that.

If Bootsy tours, however... Much more like the true P-Funk experience these days, although sadly Bernie Worrell is no longer with us.