Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:27:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Ricky Gervais Netflix Shitfest [split topic]

Started by The Lion King, May 07, 2018, 06:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

Quote from: Danger Man on May 10, 2018, 12:19:32 AM
dp

That might sort him out.

Gervais' complete narcissism and inability to ever 'take a moment' is a symptom of his deeply repressed homosexuality which is the main energy he's constantly amped up on. I also shudder to think about his youth spent obsessing about and adopting David Bowie's persona as obviously he was too confused to form his own and the fact the only book he's read is Catcher In The Rye for obvious reasons. Brr.

QuoteAt the time of Lennon's December 8, 1980 murder outside of his Manhattan apartment, just blocks away David Bowie was starring  on Broadway in the play The Elephant Man. "I was second on his list, the detectives said", Bowie told me in the New York studio we shared near Madison Square Garden."Chapman had a front-row ticket to ' The Elephant Man' the next night. John and Yoko were supposed to sit front-row for that show, too. So the night after John was killed there were three empty seats in the front row. I can't tell you how difficult that was to go on. I almost didn't make it through the performance."

yesitsme

If his research for Deek is anything to go by (don't forget his sister did two weeks in a café close to a hospital) then I'm sure he's fully boned up on this.

As long as it has heart and a sad piano to tell me when to be sad I'll love it.

Jumblegraws

This is clearly going to be a series-long version of those "badass" photos of Gervais like where he's lighting a cigar with dollar bills or that stupid atheist mock-crucifixion one. Gervais will be oblivious to how transparent his Liam Neeson aspirations will be and everyone will laugh at him instead of with him.

momatt

Spoon of Ploff

How kind will the man have been before his wife be chopps?

Will there be scenes of  his acts of kindness so we experience what a great guy he was before he turns into RGs twitter feed?

Or will it just be people saying things like i don't understand what had happened to you... you used to be such a kind man?

Ornlu

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on May 11, 2018, 06:43:57 AM
How kind will the man have been before his wife be chopps?

Will there be scenes of  his acts of kindness so we experience what a great guy he was before he turns into RGs twitter feed?

Or will it just be people saying things like i don't understand what had happened to you... you used to be such a kind man?

There'll probably just be mockumentary-style talking heads telling us directly.

BritishHobo

David Earl is gonna be in this which means I definitely have to watch it

BritishHobo

When he first announced it he made it sound like a sedate, peaceful, thoughtful thing about a suicidal man who is kept from his attempt by events like needing to feed his dog and stuff, the world buffeting him along. Now it becomes clear it's just another excuse to make exactly the same jokes about minorities he's made in EVERYTHING HE HAS EVER MADE

It says everything you need to know about Gervais that he thinks his opinions are so edgy and dangerous that they could legitimately be considered revenge on the cruel indifferent world for it killing his wife, like he's a comic book antihero who's lost all his loved ones, only with opinions instead of violent justice. The Punisher if The Punisher just went around ironically pointing out any time anyone looks different to him.

maybe you just don't understand the black perspective

Twed

Amazing.

Somehow the worst thing about that isn't the 2013-era 4chan "identity mocking" trope, but the fact that he keeps saying the "I'm rich" stuff like it has any value. He really has terrible judgement.

Cuellar

This is very promising. Will he black up in this show? God I hope so.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Twed on May 13, 2018, 07:20:47 PM
Amazing.

Somehow the worst thing about that isn't the 2013-era 4chan "identity mocking" trope, but the fact that he keeps saying the "I'm rich" stuff like it has any value. He really has terrible judgement.
Also a 2017-era Piers Morgan joke. Steal from the best, eh, Rickster?

He's taken it down now... and replaced it with a message about how it's too easy to bait people on Twitter these days.

And when people are justifiably commenting what a prick he is to behave like this, his rabid fans are attacking them with presumably 'ironic' anger and hatred.

Bell-end behaviour on a staggering magnitude.

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on May 13, 2018, 07:47:41 PM
He's not even taken it down yet: https://twitter.com/rickygervais/status/995656385680560128

Ah, my mistake. Presumed the attention-seeking old fool had tweeted it context-free instead of replying to someone else.

Also that Carl Anka tweet is a thing of beauty.

Namtab

'Fishing on Twitter is too easy these days. I can almost predict the exact outrage. Also, the people who bite first are millennials with manga avatars. No fun. I want old angry fundamentalist christian hunters like the old days.'

Why do it then? Staggeringly infantile.

Twed

He must be surrounded by people laughing at him because of his status. How can he possibly think his spent old man "I identify as" jokes aren't equally predictable and shit?

lankyguy95

Ricky Gervais turns 57 next month, although he identifies as 17.

Virgo76

Always so much anti-Gervais feeling on here...

Cuellar

Virgo76