Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:20:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Israel wins Eurovision, celebrates in style

Started by idunnosomename, May 14, 2018, 09:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

People who live in glass houses shouldn't kill Kurds.

Wait, that doesn't work. Oh well you know what I mean

biggytitbo

idunnosomename

God her face when the news-zombie brings up Hamas again. She's great.

edit watched to the end she's BRILLIANT

pancreas

Sebastian Cobb

May doesn't seem too keen on human rights herself.

biggytitbo

Weirdly I can't find any reference to Theresa May giving Erdogan the red carpet treatement today on the BBC news homepage.

idunnosomename

Brexit Britain is even bleaker than thought as May curtsies in front of tyrants and butchers seemingly daily

biggytitbo

This is very good - https://steemit.com/israel/@caitlinjohnstone/fifteen-thoughts-about-israel

QuoteA nation that can't exist without nonstop war and violence is not a nation at all, it's a decades-long military operation with a few suburbs sprinkled on top. And that is exactly how Israel has functioned since its creation: as a nonstop disruption campaign that the post-World War Two western victors dropped on top of the Middle East just as humanity hit new heights of oil dependence. By 1967 Israel came within inches of a possible third world war with America's only rival superpower, the Soviet Union, and today we have Israel leading the charge in the western empire's regime change agendas against Iran and Syria. It's been a consistent pattern.

If you think of Israel as essentially the Wests giant military base in the Middle East then all becomes clear as to why they will do anything to preserve it.

Cuellar

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 15, 2018, 01:19:01 PM
Brexit Britain is even bleaker than thought as May curtsies in front of tyrants and butchers seemingly daily

They've always been doing this, though. There is an added whiff of desperation this time, I grant you.

Crisps?

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 15, 2018, 01:29:38 PMA nation that can't exist without nonstop war and violence is not a nation at all, it's a decades-long military operation with a few suburbs sprinkled on top. And that is exactly how Israel has functioned since its creation

It's, even more so, how the US has behaved since (and like "Israel", even before) its creation.

Meanwhile the UK drops to 52nd state, as the #3 settlement of violent, racist Europeans on ethnically cleansed land also blames the victim:

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_5784881475001

manticore

A small handful of honourable Democrats have condemned the Gaza killings, all of them with an established record of opposition to American and its allies' crimes abroad.

QuoteRep. Betty McCollum (D-Minn.), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.), Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Calif.), and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), have taken to their public platforms to denounce what Amnesty International said amounted to a "shameless violation of international law, in some instances constituting war crimes," Also Rep. Jim McGovern (Massachusetts).

Some more principled people:

https://jewishvoiceforpeace.org/

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 15, 2018, 08:35:04 AM
It's telling that one of the few countries that has withdrawn their ambassador from Israel because of this is South Africa, who from their own bitter history can recognise all to well what is going on, whilst we continue to turn a blind eye or even outright support it.

Well South Africa is in the process of doing exactly the same thing as Israel, so I'm surprised they're kicking up a fuss about it.

Zetetic

Whatever issues you might have with South African land reform, it's not really the same, is it?

Zetetic

no but when you think about it, having two bands of income tax is a lot like the situation in gaza

biggytitbo

I suppose its more like what would happen if there was some kid of settlement and the Palestinians set about the process of reclaiming the land stolen from them. It wouldn't be pretty.

biggytitbo

Zetetic

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 15, 2018, 07:34:12 PM
It wouldn't be pretty.
It does also highlight the problems with any sort of one-state solution (or possibly any sort of purely rights-based solution, much though this would be a massive step forward) - you're still going to have two fairly clearly delineated ethnic groups with massive disparities in wealth.

biggytitbo

You'd think of all the countries in the world, Israel would be the one who wouldn't want to base their society entirely around racial supremacy.

king_tubby

biggytitbo

This one is good too -

Netanyahu Announces Day Of Mourning For Fence Damaged In Yesterday's Conflict

If there is one good thing to come out of this despicable incident it is yet again to never, ever believe our scumbag warmongering leaders claims of humanitarian intervention.

bgmnts

Do channel 5 still do those awful 'neighbours from hell' programmes?

Should get Israel to go on it.

biggytitbo

At the UN meeting today, Nikki Haley not only blamed the Palestinians for Israel's massacre of unarmed protesters, she walked out when their envoy began to speak.

They are psychopaths.

biggytitbo

The Independent have a curious double standard depending on whether the accused is targeted for Western regime change:

Syria - dubious, unproven allegations are confidently labelled a massacre, we have brutal regime and a passionate call for action

In Israel, where the massacre is captured on global TV and not denied, people just mysteriously 'die' and hey, what can you do?

George Oscar Bluth II

I think you're being really unfair on the IDF here. There simply is no way of dispersing demonstrators and stopping them entering Israel other than firing directly at them with live ammunition.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 15, 2018, 08:27:44 PM
The Independent have a curious double standard depending on whether the accused is targeted for Western regime change:

Syria - dubious, unproven allegations are confidently labelled a massacre, we have brutal regime and a passionate call for action

In Israel, where the massacre is captured on global TV and not denied, people just mysteriously 'die' and hey, what can you do?

I've seen a lot of this today and I think a lot of the time we're getting a bit het up about it. It's obvious to any observer what happened. With that Indy one it's possibly as simple as "die" being shorter than "shot dead" and looking better on the page layout. (As an aside, why does the Indy still put out a front page as if it's a real newspaper still?)

I was keeping track yesterday of what the BBC was saying and it was an unambiguous "shot dead" on the front page sub-headline every time I looked. Even now they are "killings", "deadly violence", "58 Palestinians were killed when Israeli troops fired on protesters"...if there's an MSM cover up of this it's not a very good one.

idunnosomename

I mean this thing is so big, with so many UN repercussions, it's really blowing up as top story, whatever agendas there might be.

Israel have really crossed a line here. There's no attempt at covering things up, like Myanmar or Saudi Arabia do with their  horrible shit. They think they are above international law. And well, maybe they are.

Has the US administration  said ANYTHING?

Quote from: Zetetic on May 15, 2018, 07:27:25 PM
Whatever issues you might have with South African land reform, it's not really the same, is it?

How isn't it the same?

idunnosomename

Quote from: The Region Legion on May 15, 2018, 08:54:01 PM
How isn't it the same?

It doesn't bring about Armageddon, that's all I can think of

Paul Calf

Paul Calf

Imagine a Democrat party that didn't kick the whole world in the nuts by sabotaging Bernie Sanders' bid for the Presidential candidacy.