Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:32:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

E3 2018 - Predictions, reactions and hype

Started by Kelvin, May 15, 2018, 08:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhazor

E3 officially over and still not a peep about Monster Hunter World PC. Someone's getting a special delivery of turds.

Quote from: mobias on June 13, 2018, 09:49:42 PM

I think thats incredibly dismissive. Iimplying that Just Cause 4 and Metro Exodus are the same is like showing Naked Gun and Silence of the Lambs side by side and complaining there's too many films about police.

I'd say this years E3 was pretty diverse in terms of games.

Kelvin

I don't agree with Just Cause being included, but there's no question in my mind that there were a lot of "post apocolyptic" worlds in the conferences. Specifically ruined, overgrown or sandblasted cities/townships... The gameplay might be different, but that fundamental concept - our world in ruin - ran through the triple A games like a stick of rock.   

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: samadriel on June 15, 2018, 10:56:27 AM
Human Revolution was pretty brown though, almost everywhere had a yellow-and-brown colour scheme, even the nightclub.  Don't know if that's true of Mankind Divided, I haven't played that yet.
Wrong word, I guess. I meant, there were buildings and streets and people and not broken down rusty old shite everywhere.

Kelvin

It felt like the leaks, pre-show announcements, and even the conferences really sucked the air out of E3 this year. By the time journalists actually stepped onto the show floor, we had already had weeks hearing about, and in some cases, seeing many of the biggest new games, and even the conferences offered up a paltry number of surprises. Obviously as a Nintendo fan first and foremost, it was particularly sparce, but did anyone else feel a bit underwhelmed by the show this year?

mobias

The Xbox show was good. They've obviously learnt from past mistakes and put on a show which just focussed on the games. I thought it was interesting that they acknowledged the fact that they're busy at work making the Xbox One successor, or Xbox X successor or whatever the fuck it's going to be. Console generations are going to be so blurred from now on.

Microsoft have clearly thought its make or break time for the Xbox brand and have thankfully decided to plough money into first party studios and actually try and compete with Sony where it all counts -  first party games. Particularly first party AAA games.

Sony are obviously so far ahead now they couldn't give a shit and were quite happy just to promote already announced, and indeed soon to be released games like Spiderman and The Last of Us 2.

I was just happy to finally hear and see Cyberpunk 2077. I've watched some of the more candid and grounded Youtube clips from people who saw it action. Pretty much everyone seems to think if they can pull if off its going to be a groundbreaking game. I'm still not sure about the first person aspect but everyone says it makes sense when you see it in action.

And let us not forget the real announcement of the show - Farming Simulator 19, which Giants software have confirmed is going to have seagulls. Seagulls!!!!!!!! Plus more 'immersive' slurry.

Bhazor

Comparison between Nintendo's E3 booth this year and last year.

Last year where they had a replica of New Donk City including full sized Mario tank and a diner

And for good measure 2016 which had a life size diorama for BotW

This year's booth.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2018-nintendos-booth-in-glorious-360-produced-i/1100-6459939/?utm_source=reddit.com

Fucked it

Bhazor

Digital Foundry talk about the behind closed doors gameplay demo of Cyberpunk shown at E3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMiDFK96Agw

biggytitbo

I hope it is like a more open world mankind divided, as the 'immersive sim' genre is definitely my favourite, as opposed to the hardcore rpg, which I find unfathomably boring.