Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:39:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

E3 2018 - Predictions, reactions and hype

Started by Kelvin, May 15, 2018, 08:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brat-sampson

Command and conquer Rivals

Well there's your fuck you...

Bhazor

Well I'd say my predictions were too positive. Corporate drone wanked to a sports trophy not a sports player and there wasn't enough games announced for two battle royales and a new Disney MCU  game. The sum total of new games being a pair of mid tier indies and a nice big fuck you to the C&C fans. I'd say I was bang on the money for embarrasing trailer banter and nervous Bioware execs on stage.

Still the presentation was saved by the foreign lass referring to "bell ends".

Mango Chimes

Are Nintendo likely to announce anything big at this thing? I don't care about the rest of the boring shit.

Kelvin

I tuned in, and then almost immediately gave up, at the point the German woman was paralyzed with fear, laughing uncontrollably.

Consignia

There was literally a segment where two dudes played on their mobiles, as the main central focus. I wouldn't usually bother with anything EA, I just happened to have flick it on whilst, waiting for something else. To be fair, I wouldn't usually bother with any of them, except perhaps Nintendo.

Bhazor

Yeah EA remain the worst. I am interested to see how they'll fuck up Battlefield now they've removed loot crates. There's going to be some new layer of fuckery there.

Just found this useful chart for following the conferences

St_Eddie

Has this happened yet?  All I care about is the remakes of Final Fantasy VII and Resident Evil 2.  I refuse to grow out of the 90s.

Bhazor

Quote from: Kelvin on June 09, 2018, 08:52:31 PM
I tuned in, and then almost immediately gave up, at the point the German woman was paralyzed with fear, laughing uncontrollably.

Still the best part of conference though. A new game, a Kraftwerk tshirt and bellends (some of which need to become bigger and some need to be smaller)

https://youtu.be/mu027AOSGak?t=3m10s

That EA conference was absolute top quality corporate dreck.

I thought the presenter was doing a decent job until she started just saying 'how cool was that?' and pretending to already be emotionally invested in Anthem. Then again, if I were 13, I'd think she was my ideal woman and I'm bored of this sentence. The whole thing was so predictably average. I don't care for C&C one bit but must be quite shit for the fans of the series for it to come back and I'm bored again. I don't care.

Blue Jam

I'm embarrassed by how much I want to stay up and watch the Bethesda press conference just for the much-hinted-at Prey DLC announcement.

Respect, BJ. I did it last year for whatever stupid crap was on and ended up absolutely knackered, too knackered to be excited and wrecked several days. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Bhazor

Any hopes for the Bethesda conference? I'm hoping for at least a teaser for a new Doom and that Kat Dennings runs on stage and a boob pops out.

Have no hopes for Xbox. Really don't give a single fuck about any of their existing franchises and Rare is clearly dead at this point. But there might be some PC stuff slipped in there like a proper flight sim and there's always a chance that Kat Dennings will be on stage with a boob out.

mobias

Microsoft are showing the Cyberpunk trailer at their Xbox conference, or so the rumour goes.

Kelvin

bgmnts

Rockstar [insert franchise here] game please.

Consignia

Kelvin

Whoops. I meant Rocksteady Superman. Couldn't give a fuck about rockstar games.

Consignia

Too late. Look forward to Superman Online, with loads of microtransactions, and a removal of any single player experience. And it's all your fault. We could have had the definitive comic book game experience, but you've ruined it.

Bhazor

It's on.

https://www.twitch.tv/twitch

It's Xbox. Its corporate whoring on full already.

Oh god. He's unbearable. Oh god.

Kelvin

Bhazor

bgmnts

In the Life is Strange Universe hahahahaha

Fuck off Sqenix you bastards.

Metro is my only 'loyalty buy'.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Kelvin on June 10, 2018, 09:09:24 PM
Lilo and Stitch looking good.

:'D

Coming to Games With Gold before too long...

Quote from: bgmnts on June 10, 2018, 09:17:32 PM
Fuck off Sqenix you bastards.

They've killed off Deus Ex so I'm out.

Kelvin

Lot of shouting twats in these trailers.

Bhazor

Oh god he's talking again.

It was all going so well.

Bhazor

This Kingdom Hearts trailer is fucking wierd. It's like that mummy leak where they didn't have the special effects dubbed in yet.

Oh and its Final Fantasy writing. Get fucked.

bgmnts

Oh my god Mickey Mouse's voice during that trailer created such a dissonance.

colacentral

Kingdom Hearts is fucking terrible. Anime and Disney together are like chalk and cheese. I truly don't understand the appeal. I got a few hours into the first one before giving up because the gameplay itself was shocking too.

Kelvin

Quote from: Bhazor on June 10, 2018, 09:27:31 PM
This Kingdom Hearts trailer is fucking wierd. It's like that mummy leak where they didn't have the special effects dubbed in yet.

Oh and its Final Fantasy writing. Get fucked.

Yeah, it was like a raw edit. Very odd.