Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:39:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Yanny or Laurel

Started by Noodle Lizard, May 15, 2018, 11:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 19, 2018, 05:06:44 PM
The main part of the trainer is white or pink to you?

Yes, the main part of the trainer is pink, with white laces, trim and sole.

When I use photoshop to cut out some of the pink part (in the first image) to view it in isolation it turns grey, and ditto for the white part turning green.
It must be the same sort of illusion as the one with the chessboard where the two seemingly different coloured squares are proved to be the same colour when you cut them out and put them next to each other.

Dr Rock

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on May 19, 2018, 05:23:50 PM

When I use photoshop to cut out some of the pink part (in the first image) to view it in isolation it turns grey, and ditto for the white part turning green.
It must be the same sort of illusion as the one with the chessboard where the two seemingly different coloured squares are proved to be the same colour when you cut them out and put them next to each other.

My mind is tricked by that chess board one, but nothing happening with the trainers.

NoSleep

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on May 19, 2018, 05:23:50 PM

I'm not sure what it's called but our brains compensate for the constant changes in the frequency of light around us as it gets darker and lighter so that we always see a colour constantly by comparing to the colours that surround it (that's what it's called; colour constancy). For me and many others photography decodes this and reveals the true (uncompensated) colour, whereas it seems to still work in photos for people like you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_constancy

JesusAndYourBush

The weird thing is I can cut out a square of the pink part and in isolation it looks grey, but as I move it back towards the main image at some point it reverts to pink again.  I even built a little bridge of grey getting closer and closer to the trainer until it met the pink, so at one end it's grey and at one end it's pink, but it doesn't seem to fade from one to the other, it just becomes the other colour at some undetectable point.

gib

That shoe has gone pink and white, it was minty green earlier.

Zetetic

Quote from: NoSleep on May 19, 2018, 06:16:57 PM
For me and many others photography decodes this and reveals the true (uncompensated) colour, whereas it seems to still work in photos for people like you.
It'll depend on the context that you're viewing the photograph and how familiar you are with the particular cues in the photograph of course, as well.

Replies From View

Quote from: ersatz99 on May 17, 2018, 05:16:24 PM
I was able to get green storm and brain needle at will , but after about 10 reps I can't get anything but brainstorm.

https://youtu.be/nvdcDuIZVvg?t=50s

This video from 50 seconds in uses a slightly processed version of the brainstorm/green needle sample, which I've found somehow allows me to flip back and forth more easily (ie not getting stuck on brainstorm, as was happening with the original).

NoSleep

I can only ever hear "brain needle".

Replies From View

Quote from: NoSleep on May 20, 2018, 08:56:05 PM
I can only ever hear "brain needle".

This means that you have the hearing, lungs and genitals of a plump eight-year-old boy.