Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:40:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Windsors: Royal Wedding Special

Started by Pseudopath, May 16, 2018, 08:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pseudopath

Anyone else catch this last night? Amazing fun as always. Particularly loved Beatrice and Jeremy Corbyn's relationship (the former getting herself radicalised again and the latter coolly answering the phone to Hezbollah with a "Yo").

"All by my-salf". "Greek entry". "Nodders". So many great lines. Even the setup for that crap "tequila" joke is funny in retrospect.

Sadly there's still no news on Series 3, so I suspect this may be their swansong, but a pretty perfect way to go out.

BlodwynPig

neveragain

First ep I've watched all the way through. Pleasantly entertained.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pseudopath on May 16, 2018, 09:41:42 AM
Fair do. Horses fuck horses and all that.

I maybe didn't get the jokes. Probably would have had to watch earlier series'?

Blue Jam

Celeste Dring is on the latest Beef and Dairy Network podcast, playing a party planner and making me really struggle to not picture her as Eugenie:

http://www.beefanddairynetwork.com/post/173243983510/episode-34-lucy-bonham

Small Man Big Horse

There's sadly no news about a third series but if you want to watch something that's almost as ridiculous then I'd suggest watching Netflix's A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding, it's incredibly silly and great fun to mock.

Also the writers behind The Windsors are working on a show called Island Of Dreams which will star Harry Enfield as Richard Branson so hopefully that will be fun. https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2018/11/13/41673/harry_enfield_to_play_richard_branson_in_new_bbc_comedy

Small Man Big Horse

Well this came as a surprise as the lack of news made me think it might not be coming back, but Channel 4 have just given it a new series. https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2019/06/25/43398/the_windsors_gets_a_third_series

QuoteThe Windsors is retuning for a third series, Channel 4 has announced.

The full cast will return as the soap-opera type show covers a feud between Wills (Hugh Skinner) and Harry, as new mum Meghan (Kathryn Drysdale) finds Kate (Louise Ford) stiff and 'up herself'.

Elsewhere Camilla (Haydn Gwynne) goes the full Princess Margaret – gin/fags/Mustique/Rolling Stones – leaving Charles (Harry Enfield) with time to indulge a dalliance with the new manageress of the Highgrove gift shop, as he Charles he ponders whether to quit England.

Eugenie (Celeste Dring) and Beatrice (Ellie White) are still best chums, while mum Fergie (Katy Wix) is still trying to get Prince Andrew back up the aisle.  Meanwhile, does Pippa (Morgana Robinson) still hold a torch for Harry?

Channel 4 commissioning editor Jon Petrie said: 'We're very excited to announce that The Windsors is coming back for a third series. You never really hear anyone talk about the Royal Family these days, so hopefully this show can help to change that...'

Pseudopath

Fantastic news. Can't say I was blown away by Island of Dreams (although as a one-off it was perfectly passable Christmas telly fare), so I'm glad the old gang are getting back together.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Pseudopath on June 25, 2019, 02:29:27 PM
Fantastic news. Can't say I was blown away by Island of Dreams (although as a one-off it was perfectly passable Christmas telly fare), so I'm glad the old gang are getting back together.

Yeah, I didn't mind Island Of Dreams and it had the odd funny moment but it was nowhere near as good as The Windsors.