Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:41:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

He's never had a brew

Started by Brian Freeze, May 18, 2018, 04:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

im barry bethel

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 18, 2018, 09:17:45 AM

You can 'have allergies' these days, neatly excusing yourself of any obligation to your own existence to be curious or enthusiastic about anything without ever facing up to your essential cowardice.

Obviously this doesn't apply to people who genuinely do have allergies to food.

There's a big industry in that isn't there? Those probe allergy tests are supposedly riddled with false positives.

Barry Admin

A lot of people are scared of new experiences for some reason. Why do you think Radio 2 exists?

Barry Admin

QuoteRADIO BLAH BLAH Fans show their fury at 'dreary' Simon Mayo and Jo Whiley pairing on Radio 2 drivetime show
One listener likened the new radio team to putting together 'chocolate and cauliflower'

Where do you even start.

Sebastian Cobb

Chocolate and Cauliflower sounds like a rejected 70's sitcom.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Shaky on May 18, 2018, 07:23:32 AM
Strange if he's literally never tried tea or coffee in his life. What's he like otherwise? Bit weird ?

I'm not one to criticise the choices others make in their private lives but he does sometimes travel long distances at the weekend to watch people compete at golf,  so yeah,  a bit weird.

Tikwid

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 18, 2018, 06:51:30 AM
The most interestng fact about Michael 'shin pad insurance' Owen is he's never had a hot drink.
Who was that footballer (don't think it was Owen) who, by his own admission, had never watched a film out of choice?

checkoutgirl

I've never tried beetroot but have told plenty of people I don't like it.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on May 18, 2018, 08:20:37 AM
I've never watched a royal wedding.

I've never watched all of the Oscars. I once tried to watch it but gave up after 20 minutes what with it being one of the most boring things ever. I sometimes wonder if anyone in the world has actually sat through the whole telly broadcast in one go.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Tikwid on May 18, 2018, 02:45:02 PM
Who was that footballer (don't think it was Owen) who, by his own admission, had never watched a film out of choice?

I think it was him again. Michael "Crazy Horse" Owen.

Gregory Torso

This is like that game isn't it, "I haven't ever done it mate" I think it's called.

I have never been on a rusk safari.

I have never been down to the family columbarium to piss in great grandpa's urn.

I have never "known" Jim Davidson.

Replies From View

There was an elderly bloke near where I lived who stank heavily of piss and tobacco, and he had a greenhouse that was choking with stone dust because in his retirement he was obsessed with sanding down limestone blocks in there.  He had been a stonemason in his working life so that must have had an effect on him.

Anyway he used to proudly boast to us hoodlums that he hadn't farted since he was six years old.  I always thought that was a strange assurance since his pores were so startlingly saturated with piss and tobacco that the occasional fart wouldn't really have made much difference.

Dusty Gozongas

Quote from: Brian Freeze on May 18, 2018, 04:49:05 AMHe's forty five and has never even had a sip of tea or coffee to find out what it tastes like. I think its odd that temptation or curiosity has never led him to try.

My money's on him being Mormon and simply teasing you by hinting at his illness rather than blowing your mind with truth. Spaces are thin on the ground in that particular heaven, the bastard.

Dex Sawash

I have never posted in a thread in general bullshit

Dr Rock

I bet he loves fixxy po.

Typo - fizzy pop. Thought I'd leave it in though. Fixxy po.

Jockice

I used to work with a bloke who claimed never to have had a hot drink in his life. And I'd never had one until I was well into my 20s. I tried making a cup of coffee while up late studying for my A-levels and thought it was horrible but I genuinely think that was my first ever. The only reason I started drinking it was that I was always going round to people's houses to interview them and they'd offer me a coffee or tea and it felt really awkward saying I don't like hot drinks. I now drink about three or four coffees a day. I still don't get tea at all though. It's about a decade since I last one and that's cos I went round to a mate's place and he made me one without me asking. I don't find it offensive, just dull.

As for being a picky eater, I am one and am proud of it. I instinctively know what I'll like and what I won't. So far in my life I've only been wrong twice. Mushrooms and yogurt, both of which I avoided until my late 20s/early 30s then tried and realised I liked.  I have been accused of being immature and 'awful' for refusing to try stuff, but why should I? It's more of whatever (usually spicy) muck for everyone else, isn't it?

idunnosomename

I keep thinking this as the beginning of a number in a musical

He's never had a brew brew brew brew
He's never had a brew brew brew brew
How can this be true true true

Brian Freeze

How about you, you, you . . .

idunnosomename

I often have a brew, first thing in the morning
It kicks me up the arse, it stops me fuckin yawning
In fact it couldn't do without a BREWWW

Glebe

I've never sat behind the wheel of a car.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Glebe on May 18, 2018, 11:31:34 PM
I've never sat behind the wheel of a car.

[img] bloke with knob up rover exhaust  [  / img]

Twed

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 18, 2018, 09:17:45 AM

You can 'have allergies' these days, neatly excusing yourself of any obligation to your own existence to be curious or enthusiastic about anything without ever facing up to your essential cowardice.

Obviously this doesn't apply to people who genuinely do have allergies to food.
Can Lee have cheese?

DArtagnan

kalowski

I have a mate who hasn't graduated to grown up drinks like tea and coffee. He likes a hot vimto.

I'd never eaten a curry until I was 30. Mum used to make them all the time, but I'd refuse to eat them. Loved chip shop curry sauce, but wouldn't touch real curry. Then I tried a Katsu in Wagamama after being recommended and realised that I'd been missing out.

Still can't eat a spicy one, mind. A Sainsbury's "3 chilli" is my absolute limit and even then it's a bit too much for me.

Alberon

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 18, 2018, 07:55:40 AM
I've had tea maybe twice, coffee 10 or 11 times. Never made either for anyone. Wouldn't know where to start - embarrassing, frankly.

I make tea for Mrs Alberon all the time* but I never drink the stuff myself. I don't like any hot drinks really, the closest any is to being drinkable is a hot chocolate and even that doesn't feel right. I just never got into the habit of drinking them, I suppose.

*It's really pissing her off, but I won't stop.

non capisco

I worked with a bloke who by his mid 30s had never eaten a banana. When talked into setting his reservations aside and trying one for the first time he didn't know how to peel it.

Steven

Quote from: non capisco on May 25, 2018, 07:23:23 PM
I worked with a bloke who by his mid 30s had never eaten a banana. When talked into setting his reservations aside and trying one for the first time he didn't know how to peel it.

Did he try shoving it up his arse atheistically?