Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:46:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is anger ever the right choice to solve a situation?

Started by Blinder Data, May 18, 2018, 12:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinder Data

As a pretty cool cat, ranting and raving is anathema to me usually. Getting angry proves you've lost control of the situation and often creates more problems than it solves.

However yesterday a taxi driver cunt drove through the pedestrian crossing when the green man was clearly showing and some dozy knob behind him blindly followed. Naturally I responded by making loud indeterminate aggrieved noises and flicking the Vs while I walked behind the second car as it drove away. My gf was embarrassed at my actions, especially as apparently the second driver looked apologetic, but what other language do these people understand? She said I should've just left it because engagement on this topic usually lead to road rage and solves nothing, but I believe you need to register your ANGER in these situations. By leaving it you're letting them think they got away with it, and irresponsible drivers who are blasé or and don't realise the consequences of their actions are a menace to public life.

When else is it OK? I have an aunt who often gets angry and shouts at her kids ALL THE TIME. So they shout back and don't respect any of her vexed threats. That's when not to do it.

Ever been SHOUTED at at work - but you deserved it? Ever needed to FUCKING TELL THAT CUNT WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF HIM because there were no other options left? Ever lost at it your kid and obviously you were justified because he/she was being a little shit?

Tell me - and whether it was actually the right thing to do

biggytitbo

Seems to work out for Angry Malcolm in the Marvel films.

pancreas

Usually I just follow them home and interfere with the brake cables in their car.

bgmnts

Had a guy shout at me in work something like "shut up you fucking cunt or i'll bounce you off the fucking walls". In a quiet office.

Didnt get so much as a warning which was incredible.

My last month there became unsurprisingly strained.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Are you confusing anger and aggression? Surely it's possible for anger to be controlled, while it's still a motivating factor in your response..

saltysnacks

Shouting angrily at morons whose actions put people in danger? Certainly.

Shouting at children or when in an argument? Probably not.