Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,185
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:45:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need a new mobile phone (and SIM) - Dogs of War edition

Started by Ted-Maul, May 18, 2018, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted-Maul

The other day my faithful hound Gizmo, whilst out on one of our usual neighbourhood jaunts, decided to engage a hulking great brute of a dog, consisting mostly of muscle and teeth, in a fight to the death. After running over and grabbing his harness, i was able to seperate the two thrashing maniacs and with the eventual help of the other dogs owner was able apologise and start to leave the scene.

Unfortunately, biting into my dogs leg and seeing him off wasnt enough for the Hound of the Baskervilles and he got loose from his owner and chased after us. I turned just in time to watch him running towards us and shit meself. Then it all went apeshit. I got it in the arm and hand before Giz clamped his jaws onto the other dogs face. I was doing everything to pull him off (oo-er) including trying to pull his jaws apart and getting the fingertips on my other hand chomped on. Neither dog would let go of their death-grip so it just went on and on. Blood Sweat Drool and Shouting. Two big dogs and two desperate owners rolling around the grass by the side of a major A-Road in the May sunshine.

After 5 minutes (?) a couple of locals appeared, one with a bucket of water to throw over us and one who was scared of dogs and wouldnt get too involved but kept insisting that "grabbing their bollocks" is the only way to stop them. So i did that.... i tried everything and eventually pulled mine off twice (oo-er again... now with ball action) but his dog was still clamped onto mines harness. Eventually all my weight ontop of my dog and another bucket of water directly to the face of the other seperated them and i could stand up and drag my dog away.

I was nearly blind with exhaustion - everything i could see was purple. Somehow we staggered home and I collapsed on the floor for ten minutes while the dog sat there looking all pleased with himself. Eventually my mind and body started returning to normal and i realised i'd lost my phone in the chaos!

I had a Moto G cos i'm not a big phone person and this could handle anything i wanted a phone for. The main thing is though i had a Virgin 7p Pay as you Go Sim card where very text and every minute cost only 7p. They've been trying to get me off this contract for a couple of years because £5 will last me a month or two (im not a big phone person!) so i was enjoying sticking it to them and staying on this tarriff.

So any recommendations for a similar SIM would be appreciated. Do they still do Moto-G's?

Sebastian Cobb

Before you go out and buy a new phone have you tried typing 'where's my phone?' into Google?

Steven

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 18, 2018, 01:49:24 PM
Before you go out and buy a new phone have you tried typing 'where's my phone?' into Google?

Or walking about where you lost it and ringing it, perchance?

Ted-Maul

I went back a couple of times for a mooch about but couldnt see anything. I'm trying to avoid the spot now to be honest.... i dont want to run into the other bloke again... his dog seemed hard as anything but i have no idea if it was hurt or not. The owner might now want to hurt me.

Its a bit of a rough area so i've just assumed someones pocketed it in the aftermath. The screen was cracked anyway so its no major loss.

The ideas crossed my mind to get a non-smart phone - can anyone truly be happy with one of these nowadays? I'd miss being able to read books and watch RHLSTP in the bath on it... but apart from Offline maps, im not sure what else i need a smartphone for.... CaB in bed?

Sebastian Cobb

A smartphone is what you make of it I think, you don't have to sign into social media or enable notifications.

In any case Moto g's are still a thing as of last year. If you don't really care that much about the handset and just want a cheap one that does the job you're probably best going on HotUKDeals and seeing what's on offer at the moment and whether the people in the comments rate it.

im barry bethel

You can get a sim free Moto E4 at Argos in Sainsbury's for £100, or £130 at Sainsbury's in Sainsbury's