Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:44:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nick Mason's Saucerful Of Secrets gigs. The early Floyd stuff - Live!

Started by Brundle-Fly, May 18, 2018, 01:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

You guys might want to take a look at the latest edition of the Brain Damage podcast.

SteveDave

Guy Pratt also wrote all the music for Spaced and played the tramp who won the lottery who bought new knees after his dog savaged him because he got rich.

On the Steve Hoffman forums there's a thread about an announcement "that's a game changer" from Pink Floyd on the 12th of June.

Quote from: SteveDave on June 06, 2018, 08:45:01 AM
On the Steve Hoffman forums there's a thread about an announcement "that's a game changer" from Pink Floyd on the 12th of June.

Was there any announcement?

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Shaky on June 06, 2018, 07:00:01 AM
I have little opinion of Pratt's playing skills but he's been on Aussie TV a couple of times and seems a right bell-end.

I can't stand his "look at me! I'm in pink floyd!" smug mugging when he's on stage with gilmour, so this alone put me off. but gary kemp ?

much as I love the drummer with the easiest gig in the world, I'd rather stick the CDs on & watch some dog-shit turning white in the pale english sun than endure that combination.

SteveDave

famethrowa

Quote from: SteveDave on June 19, 2018, 03:10:23 PM
Nick Mason's 3 solo LPs are being re-released.

Yep. That's it.

A "game-changer"??

(Well maybe in that people will hear them and go "You know what? Maybe Floyd weren't that good anyway")

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: famethrowa on June 21, 2018, 02:35:48 AM
A "game-changer"??

(Well maybe in that people will hear them and go "You know what? Maybe Floyd weren't that good anyway")

I like Fictitious Sports (1981) Reminds me of bits of Snakefinger & The Residents albums and Oingo Boingo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCehb7U7ylE

Come on, even Robert Wyatt makes an appearance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArGvi05gts8

Isnt Anything

fictitious sports is a pretty good album

profiles is very meh

didnt even know there was a third

olliebean

Fictitious Sports has some great stuff on it, but not really a Nick Mason album except in name and drumming duties, as he didn't write any of it. (Carla Bley, who did, seems very prolific - I must remember to have a listen to some of her other stuff.) I haven't heard either of the other two. But Profiles isn't a solo album (it's credited to Mason + Fenn), and White of the Eye is only one of four film soundtracks he did with Rick Fenn.

BlodwynPig

His production work for Hillage and The Damned was greeeaat.