Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:44:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PS4 Dualshock 4 L2 Problem

Started by Penfold, May 18, 2018, 03:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penfold

Just started God of War.

Does anyone else have the problem where when you try and aim with L2 your character moves? This is the fourth game it's happened so it's a controller problem rather than the game but it's very annoying in this as I'm trying to hit things precisely to do the puzzles but Kratos starts waddling to the left. After a google it seems it's happening to a few people but sometimes their characters move forward.

Wondering how widespread it is or if there is a fix that isn't buying another £50 controller.

wooders1978

Got the same problem I'm sorry to report me old chum

asids

Probably a controller issue, but from Googling it seems to be happing to a few people: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/Ps4-L2-Button-Fix/td-p/25191052 The people on there suggest resetting the controller.

The PS4/Xbone controllers are cheap flimsy crap it seems, both of my Xbone controllers developed issues after just over a year of use which is shocking considering the amount of money they charge for them. I remember 360 controllers lasting a lot longer, and for comparison, I've got a MadCatz controller for my PS2 that I've had for well over 10 years and it still works perfectly fine.

Dusty Gozongas

Penfold

Quote from: asids on May 18, 2018, 08:23:20 PM
Probably a controller issue, but from Googling it seems to be happing to a few people: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/Ps4-L2-Button-Fix/td-p/25191052 The people on there suggest resetting the controller.

The PS4/Xbone controllers are cheap flimsy crap it seems, both of my Xbone controllers developed issues after just over a year of use which is shocking considering the amount of money they charge for them. I remember 360 controllers lasting a lot longer, and for comparison, I've got a MadCatz controller for my PS2 that I've had for well over 10 years and it still works perfectly fine.

Thanks, A lot of people in that thread are saying it's the newer version of the Dualshock but I have an old one.

This might be my first faulty controller, I still have old xbox/nintendo/sony ones and they all still work with their consoles.

I plugged my dualshock into the PC for a test and got this result...

The rest of God of War is going to be a slog.

I could risk opening it up but I recently opened my PS3 to save it but ended up with 6 screws left, I predict the same result despite there only being 4 screws on the back of the DS4.

magval

Quote from: Penfold on May 18, 2018, 03:36:46 PM
Just started God of War.

Does anyone else have the problem where when you try and aim with L2 your character moves? This is the fourth game it's happened so it's a controller problem rather than the game but it's very annoying in this as I'm trying to hit things precisely to do the puzzles but Kratos starts waddling to the left. After a google it seems it's happening to a few people but sometimes their characters move forward.

Wondering how widespread it is or if there is a fix that isn't buying another £50 controller.

Buy one from Tesco and return yours in the same box, claiming faultiness.

Sebastian Cobb

Kind of amazed to see that they're still using that same controller diagnostics UI from about 20 years ago.

Penfold

Quote from: magval on May 22, 2018, 12:47:08 PM
Buy one from Tesco and return yours in the same box, claiming faultiness.

Unfortunately my controller is a dumb colour. It came with an Uncharted 4 console and it's a grey/blue thing.  My local Tesco only has black controllers on sale.They were selling some mini 3rd party Hori controllers for £12.50 earlier but they look too small and I need the touchpad to play Elite.

I blew around the trigger a lot after reading that online and it helped a little but it came back, I also turned down the vibration on GOW as sometimes it's fine to aim while throwing the axe but recalling made ol' Kratos move so far left...Corbyn...For the many...I don't know, I'm bad at jokes.