Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:42:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inappropriate moments in kids TV

Started by The Lurker, May 18, 2018, 03:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lurker

Children's TV has always been littered with jokes that go right over kid's heads. At the risk of sounding like an angry parent writing into Points of View, there's a bit on SpongeBob were the characters go on a panty raid only to find out they're stealing underwear from the mother of one of the culprits.

https://youtu.be/NTFNCAI7bKg

See. What the fuck is that all about?

There's also that Dan Schneider fella who was recently sacked from Nickelodeon, apparently his shows had loads of inappropriate moments in them. So, with that in mind, can anyone think of any other moments that kids TV somehow got away with?

Steven

I remember an episode of Dr Zitbag's Transylvania Pet Shop when I was a kid and at one point he's sailing on a river of lava in pergutory or something with his skeleton dog Fido, and he's warned about the 'sirens' luring him off the boat to his death. He sails past an island full of women luring him and it has zero effect, the next moment he's passing an island full of gays making camp noises and doing sailors signs and Zitbag's dying to jump out of the boat and the dog has to hold him back.

boki

I saw a bit of Dick (careful now) & Dom (safeword: phimosis) one morning where they had a contest in which children dressed as jockeys raced around on adults in sausage costumes.  Sausage jockeys.  Child sausage jockeys.  Surprised they got away with that.

mothman

About five years ago, CBeebies inadvertently repeated an episode of the Tweenies (from 2001) that had the character Max doing an extended Jimmy Saville impression. My wife was watching it with our youngest, told me all about it when I got home.

https://youtu.be/G3wQ8FXjqo4

Mister Six

You've all seen the Animaniacs fingerprints joke, right? https://youtu.be/1xmAC9Qu908

jobotic

Quote from: mothman on May 18, 2018, 04:58:59 PM
About five years ago, CBeebies inadvertently repeated an episode of the Tweenies (from 2001) that had the character Max doing an extended Jimmy Saville impression. My wife was watching it with our youngest, told me all about it when I got home.

I was watching that as it went out, with my then two year old. Was a bit shocking but I did assume it was a fuck up rather than write to the Mail (I'm sure your wife did too). At least the Tweenies have fucked off now.

mothman

Yeah, she was surpsised but wasn't about to fire of an email - or, if you will, a yoyoymail - to POints Of View a bkut it.

Christ, when I think how much children's TV I've been subjected to over the past 11-12 years. We started well, eldest didn't watch that much CBeebies. But then it became too easy to just use to distract them (like the Sunday morning about ten years ago my wife decided she wanted a shag; so, rush downstairs, stick the TV on, eldest was then engrossed in that for... long enough, anyway).

Jockice

Quote from: mothman on May 18, 2018, 04:58:59 PM

There was an article about that in one of the tabloids. Apparently it may have influenced small children into become serial sex offenders with dyed hair and lots of jewellery. I can see how that would happen.

The Lurker

Quote from: boki on May 18, 2018, 04:40:53 PM
I saw a bit of Dick (careful now) & Dom (safeword: phimosis) one morning where they had a contest in which children dressed as jockeys raced around on adults in sausage costumes.  Sausage jockeys.  Child sausage jockeys.  Surprised they got away with that.

There was an episode of Dick and Dom in da bungalow which got a few complaints because Dom was wearing a t-shirt that had Morning Wood written on it. Not sure when it was but I doubt I would've been old enough to understand the double entendre at the time.

Mister Six

Quote from: Steven on May 18, 2018, 04:14:30 PM
I remember an episode of Dr Zitbag's Transylvania Pet Shop when I was a kid and at one point he's sailing on a river of lava in pergutory or something with his skeleton dog Fido, and he's warned about the 'sirens' luring him off the boat to his death. He sails past an island full of women luring him and it has zero effect, the next moment he's passing an island full of gays making camp noises and doing sailors signs and Zitbag's dying to jump out of the boat and the dog has to hold him back.

Wasn't zitbag always angling for an incestuous thresome with those vampire twins?

Steven

Quote from: Mister Six on May 18, 2018, 06:18:22 PM
Wasn't zitbag always angling for an incestuous thresome with those vampire twins?

The Exorsisters? I don't remember too much as the show was a bit of a mess, I think it was German and was re-dubbed to English so has some strange humour that probably doesn't cross over. I always thouth the weird Devil policeman was based on Inspector Kemp from Young Frakenstein, for some reason? In any case I can't find the episode online as only 12 were released on video, but I think the episode I'm referring to is episode 51 Zlotys Galore (Drei Zlotys im Brunnen)

neveragain

I found a bit in Rugrats that surprised me during a melancholy drunken rewatch on Netflix one night. In the episode where Chuckie gets addicted to playing with a punchbag toy called Boppo, Lil utters the line "It's not right, a boy his age stuck in his room all day bopping his Boppo."

Masturbation!

Malcy

The Chucklevision episode when only Barry can see a leprechaun. Paul ends up tickling the leprechauns balls because he misjudged his height and thought it was his head.

Ghughesarch

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the incomparable Mr Simon Groom
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gfZcpLxBUKk

There's an episode of Sabrina where she takes (magical) diet shakes to disappear. When she first tries one she says "tastes OK but I prefer ipecac". BuLOLmia.

Jockice

Didn't some band (Ultrasound springs to mind) do a performance on one of those Saturday morning shows with the microphone replaced by a vibrator?

St_Eddie

GamesMaster had loads of these, my favourite example being Dominik Diamond saying "right now, there a loads of teenage boys, the Country over, sat in their bedrooms, waggling their joysticks and quite literally coming [LONG PAUSE] around to the sensation of on-line gaming".

Bhazor

A clip I've been trying to find for years but to summarise Blue Peter used to an annual panto where the whole CBBC Extended Cinematic Universe would come together for a big song and dance. One year the big finale number included Angelica Bell as a chorus girl in the most ridiculously tiny sparkly bra. Being the last song it cut immediately to the CBBC studio where Angelica Bell and some guy were hosting. Cue him saying "I had no idea you were so... talented" and Angelica looks absolutely fucking furious and glares past the camera at the crew.

To be fair her tits were excellent.

I've spent so long looking for it at this point I'm convinced I dreamed it.

biggytitbo

Mark currys bare arse was in one Blue Peter episode, and of course Connie and Liz stripped down to just white cotton panties and had a pillow fight that time that ended in them licking each other out, albeit I may have imagined the last one.

St_Eddie

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 18, 2018, 09:42:18 PM
...albeit I may have imagined the last one.

No, I remember it... vividly.

Phil_A

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 18, 2018, 09:42:18 PM
Mark currys bare arse was in one Blue Peter episode, and of course Connie and Liz stripped down to just white cotton panties and had a pillow fight that time that ended in them licking each other out, albeit I may have imagined the last one.

The infamous "Moroccan bath house" clip is available. Pure filth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfcAGR17_sY

the

Been mentioned before, but this moment happens literally 1'15" into the first episode of The Queen's Nose

manticore

'... the South African Grand Pricks'. Uttered by Melissa Wilkes, future Grange Hill and assorted actress. The one video on youtube has a horrible voiceover and music, sorry.

https://youtu.be/mO3xMvLoQzs?t=90

Dead Soon

The now universally banned 'dream sequence' episode of Pingu which features a genuinely fucking unsettling and chillingly realistic portrayal of a leopard seal hunting his prey in the form of the child penguin.

https://youtu.be/29GrZyQEwXM?t=2m42s

There's nothing cartoonish about the creature at all, he wordlessly locks on to Pingu when he's riding through the landscape atop a sentient bed and gleefully hunts him down, before snaring him inside an igloo and psychologically torturing him in preparation to devour him. He behaves more or less exactly how a wild leopard seal would. Lock, stock and barrel. Even the laughter would essentially be figurative of what would be going through their carnivorous brains.  The soundtrack is disturbingly foreboding too, implying even further that the currently idle and carefree Pingu is in mortal danger, rather than the 'doom' prospect just being an awkward  and merely disruptive encounter with a big, dopey creature. Nah, he's gonna get killed by this monster that specifically eats penguins to survive. He's fucked. Extremely incongruous in a show aimed at the youngest of kids.

FredNurke

I've mentioned it before, but here's a striking example from the last ever SM:TV: the amazingly filthy line comes from Ant at 1:29.

Absorb the anus burn

Shaky

Danny Peacock's late 90's/early 00's shows Cavegirl and Harry & Cosh suggest he's got a bit of a thing with scantily clad teenagers running around the place. Half the running time of each episode featured characters dashing about with the most leery camera angles possible. Bikini and shirtless scenes were in abundance. Obviously it was great.

Dex Sawash

Lots of Peewee's Playhouse dodgy bits, only remember one where PW and Cowboy Curtis talk about eating Miss Yvonne. Can't find it, sadly.

monkfromhavana

The episode of Jimbo and the Jet Set where Jimbo gets hijacked and flown into the World Trade Centre.

Chriddof

Quote from: manticore on May 18, 2018, 11:56:13 PM
'... the South African Grand Pricks'. Uttered by Melissa Wilkes, future Grange Hill and assorted actress. The one video on youtube has a horrible voiceover and music, sorry.

https://youtu.be/mO3xMvLoQzs?t=90

Just uploaded a better version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX4WdNv-09c

(That used to be on a now closed channel of mine, so I had the video ready - voiceover and music free, though there is a bit of ultra-compressed LWT style audience laughter)