Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:30:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inappropriate moments in kids TV

Started by The Lurker, May 18, 2018, 03:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on March 31, 2019, 01:35:49 PM
jools hooland's january 1987 live trail for that week's edition of 'the tube' went out nationally from tyne-tees, & had him telling the audience to watch the show or be 'ungroovy fuckers', resulting in a six week ban & the premature cancellation of the show. there's no yt of it, & at the time tyne-tees only made audio recordings of their live output, so it's doubtful it will emerge.

someone posted this, so there's hope yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXUWTQkmOos
2/3 of them are dead now. Jools going strong!

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on March 31, 2019, 01:35:49 PM
jools hooland's january 1987 live trail for that week's edition of 'the tube' went out nationally from tyne-tees, & had him telling the audience to watch the show or be 'ungroovy fuckers', resulting in a six week ban & the premature cancellation of the show. there's no yt of it, & at the time tyne-tees only made audio recordings of their live output, so it's doubtful it will emerge.

Maybe it's a false memory but I'm fairly sure I saw it on one of the earliest "Most Shocking TV Moments" type programmes in the late 80s or early 90s.  Maybe "TV Hell"?

the

Quote from: pigamus on March 31, 2019, 01:46:59 PMDoes Melody in the Queen's Nose count? I mean she looked bloody good in that bikini, but well...
Quote from: the on May 18, 2018, 11:38:31 PM
Been mentioned before, but this moment happens literally 1'15" into the first episode of The Queen's Nose

-

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on March 31, 2019, 07:41:22 PMMaybe it's a false memory but I'm fairly sure I saw it on one of the earliest "Most Shocking TV Moments" type programmes in the late 80s or early 90s.  Maybe "TV Hell"?

You could be thinking about the use of a clip from this intro (I guess from the episode trailed above). Apparently there had been complaints.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: the on March 31, 2019, 09:46:46 PMYou could be thinking about the use of a clip from this intro (I guess from the episode trailed above). Apparently there had been complaints.

Nope, but thanks anyway.

the

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on April 01, 2019, 12:26:59 PMNope, but thanks anyway.

Just thought I'd suggest it, because I recall seeing that clip on an earlyish clip show, but have never witnessed the 'ungroovy fuckers' moment.

Jools' suspension also led to The Laughing Prisoner, which annoyingly is muted on YT (probably due to music). I think there was meant to be a DVD of it, god knows what happened to that.

Ambient Sheep

Yeah, I'm now tending towards false memory, oh well...

Mister Six

I also recall seeing that clip of Holland on some shocking moments show but am happy to admit it's probably a false memory.

buzby

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on March 31, 2019, 07:41:22 PM
Maybe it's a false memory but I'm fairly sure I saw it on one of the earliest "Most Shocking TV Moments" type programmes in the late 80s or early 90s.  Maybe "TV Hell"?
It's discussed here by Holland and Yates from the 1994 retrospective Legend Of The Tube, and they play the broadcast of the aftermath but not the original trail.

Jockice

I actually did see it live. I'd have been quite happy if it had spelt the end of the greasy little smuggo's TV career.