Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:14:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A school shooting in Texas

Started by Replies From View, May 18, 2018, 04:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/18/texas-school-shooting-santa-fe-high

QuoteAt least eight people are dead and a number of people have been injured in a shooting at a Texas high school on Friday, according to local reports.

This is becoming so depressingly routine that I'm sure some people are thinking "Why start a thread about this?"

spamwangler

If Neil had a gun he could have stopped you posting about this

newbridge

If those teachers had been armed then would Thanos have ever done infinity war?

jobotic

Seems to be what the American people want so what can you do?

Anyway it's probably false flag and the NRA aren't that powerful anyway.

Son of Sod

The suspect is believed to be a student. What are the odds they'll be a 'mentally disturbed' incel neo-Nazi?

manticore

Quote from: jobotic on May 18, 2018, 04:40:44 PM
Seems to be what the American people want so what can you do?

That's not really true is it? The great majority of Americans (including NRA members) are in favour of stricter gun control and against the policies of the NRA.

Alberon

Of course, now is not the time to talk about gun control.

Mr_Simnock

we neeeeed mor gunz, stop da criminals

Bhazor

"10 dead in Texas School Shooting"

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44173954

Tch, oh ruddy typical, am I right? Hey? Long exhale of breath and a shrug with a rueful what can you do shake of the head.

Bhazor

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Alberon on May 18, 2018, 05:21:58 PM

Yeah, why even bring it up? Let's get back to that Yanny of Laurel thing. I heard Yanny.

Bhazor

Quote from: Replies From View on May 18, 2018, 04:24:48 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/18/texas-school-shooting-santa-fe-high

This is becoming so depressingly routine that I'm sure some people are thinking "Why start a thread about this?"

I liked the impact of the other thread with just a rolling news ticker of mass shootings.

bgmnts

Maybe the shooter was trying so hard to hear Yanny or Laurel he accidentally heard "Kill them all. Kill the phonies".

Bhazor

"YA NEed to sLAURghter 'em alL"

BlodwynPig

phantom_power

Stop politicising this political thing!

idunnosomename

I can't even think of a frivolous reply to post, except this one mentioning that

Next time I'll be really stuck

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Alberon on May 18, 2018, 05:21:58 PM

Maybe that's the plan, if there's one every two weeks there will never be a good time to talk about gun control.

hedgehog90

I'm thinking of taking news footage of recent school shootings and dubbing hanna-barbera sound effects over it.
I'm not sure to what end, just seems strangely appropriate somehow.

Glebe

Here we go again... horrendous.

Bhazor

Quote@realDonaldTrump
4h4 hours ago

School shooting in Texas. Early reports not looking good. God bless all!

"As the news started to come in we were hopeful it would be one of the good kind of school shootings but it sadly seems to be one of the bad kind of school shootings"

canadagoose

Quote from: Bhazor on May 18, 2018, 07:47:58 PM
"As the news started to come in we were hopeful it would be one of the good kind of school shootings but it sadly seems to be one of the bad kind of school shootings"
I can't believe how flippant that tweet sounds. "Oh well, not good. Best of luck, guys! Hope you're not dead!" I doubt Trump cares a jot.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: hedgehog90 on May 18, 2018, 07:37:27 PM
I'm thinking of taking news footage of recent school shootings and dubbing hanna-barbera sound effects over it.
I'm not sure to what end, just seems strangely appropriate somehow.

Do it and say, this is a demonstration of how seriously lawmakers treat this issue. Worldwide smash, I guarantee it.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on May 18, 2018, 06:34:19 PM
Maybe that's the plan, if there's one every two weeks there will never be a good time to talk about gun control.

You lack vision, my friend.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/02/us/school-shootings-2018-list-trnd/index.html

kalowski

It's ten past ten. Neither this story nor the 100 people dead in Havana have knocked the feel good story of are wonderful royals marrying. Long live the spirit of Di!

Bhazor

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on May 18, 2018, 06:34:19 PM

There was an infographic I saw in a tweet that was basically "If the week after a mass shooting is the wrong time to talk about gun control, then we haven't had a day to talk about gun control for 12 years."

I forget the exact time frames but the point was clear.

Bhazor

Quote from: kalowski on May 18, 2018, 10:11:07 PM
It's ten past ten. Neither this story nor the 100 people dead in Havana have knocked the feel good story of are wonderful royals marrying. Long live the spirit of Di!

Except the cuba plane crash is the lead story on the BBC news site right now.

Churston Deckle

BBC article:
"Shortly after the shooting began in the town of about 13,000 residents, a man carrying an American flag, wearing a Trump hat, and carrying a pistol on his hip approached news cameras.
The man, who did not give his name, said his goal was to "get to the school. Make America great again".
Another man then told reporters "we need prayers".
"This idiot is walking down the street with a damned pistol on his side where we just had kids get shot," he said referring to the other man.
"I'm a guns rights person. I have guns. But this idiot is walking down here and saying he needs to make America great again. That's not what America needs.""

The USA in a nutshell - guns n prayers. Sad.