Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:31:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The best ever wedding that is happening tomorrow in a place called England

Started by BritishHobo, May 18, 2018, 10:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

That's right, it's the one I'm going to.

I think the best thing about the best ever wedding that is happening tomorrow in a place called England is that much like the second best ever wedding happening tomorrow in a place called England, it is the union of two families of which I am a part of neither, but unlike the second best ever wedding happening tomorrow in a place called England, the family person I am linked to is a significant part of the proceedings, which means I get to spend the day utilising my incredible social skills amongst people I do not know, alone. I mean, just imagine chatting to a straggler at a family wedding, and he talks like how this post is written. Unbearable.

Anyway the best thing about me is everyone tells me everything, and a heck of a lot of people here have a heck of a lot of genuinely tense and personal grievances with a heck of a lot of other people here, all of which is being told to me by ALL OF THEM. I am a fan of the people getting married at this here best ever wedding,  I wish them a fantastic day, and any sneering or undermining off the sincerity of that that may come off of this post could not be further from the truth; but boy howdy is my social awkwardness currently having a weekend in the sun.

Anyway I'm currently hiding in the guest bedroom of someone's house because making small talk with someone I'm not sure likes me is what Hell will be like for me when I probably die tomorrow.

Come along to the best ever wedding happening tomorrow in a place called England. WE LIKE HOMELESS PEOPLE AT THIS ONE

Zero Gravitas

Will there be dancing? I feel having dancing at a wedding cheapens it. I'm not coming if there is to be dancing.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on May 18, 2018, 10:15:53 PM
Will there be dancing? I feel having dancing at a wedding cheapens it. I'm not coming if there is to be dancing.

I fucking think there is, and all. I don't know if it shows from the fact that I have to write a three paragraph CaB essay because I'm going to a social event, but I am too self-conscious to do a dancing.

Do you have a band coming to play at the reception?  If so, it'd be cool if they played a song like Peaches, by the Stranglers, like in that advert about a dozen to fifteen years ago, instead of middle-of-the-road bollox.

BritishHobo

It'd be cool if they played Peaches by The Presidents of the USA, cos I know that one

Icehaven

Dex Sawash