Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:29:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Times you've just gone "mate" - gaming edition

Started by Kelvin, May 19, 2018, 12:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lion King

Quote from: Phil_A on June 16, 2018, 03:26:34 PM
FYI if you played the Windows port it was basically unwinnable, they didn't fix the speed for faster processors so the guards would zap you as soon as you entered the screen with the spaceship you're supposed to steal. Which was about five screens into the game.

MATE

All these years I have been blaming my own stupid child brain and it turns out it's impossible. My grandfather was so disappointed when I told him I could't get very far and now he's dead and I can't tell him. Thanks, Sierra.

St_Eddie

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 16, 2018, 03:00:43 PM
Yer cupheads and supermeat boys are just a bit shite.

I don't usually play boss rush games like Cuphead but it charmed me with its gorgeous art style and I ended up loving it.  If someone were to make an adventure game in that style, then I'd be in hog's heaven.  A man can but dream...

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Phil_A on June 16, 2018, 03:26:34 PM
FYI if you played the Windows port it was basically unwinnable, they didn't fix the speed for faster processors so the guards would zap you as soon as you entered the screen with the spaceship you're supposed to steal. Which was about five screens into the game.

Enfuriatingly, there are several Adventure games with this issue. There are workarounds, but it's a faff, innit.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Sexton Brackets Drugbust on June 16, 2018, 05:45:08 PM
Enfuriatingly, there are several Adventure games with this issue. There are workarounds, but it's a faff, innit.

It's times like this that I'm thankful for the LucasArts range of adventure games and arguably the best emulator in the world, ScummVM, in particular.

Fry

Fallout 2. Trying to trek from VauLt City to Broken hills. Get a random encounter with a group of 8 bandits vs me and my 3 companions.They pretty much always get the first round and kill a couple of my party members.

Fair enough, this is a hard game. Load up on chems and bullets.

But it keeps happening. 20 encounters between two main quest cities with no legitimate way to kill the assailants.

End up making a shit ton of save files as I edge myself across the map praying the RNG doesn't throw up a fight.

Still though, amazing game.

Lemming

Fallout 2 has some batshit random encounters, but nothing beats the Enclave patrols in the southwest regions of the map. If you get one of them, you might as well just quickload. Fallout 2 is one of my top games of all time but I have no idea what the fuck the devs were thinking when they designed such a horrible encounter, and then made it occur in a massive area of the map with insane frequency.

St_Eddie

I have a love/hate relationship with Fallout 2.  There's so much brilliance contained within that singular disc and yet, it's horribly unbalanced.  The very first Fallout is where it's truly at, as I have a love/love relationship with that game.