Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:52:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Drinking Yourself To Death

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, May 19, 2018, 12:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on May 20, 2018, 06:29:48 PM
I tried. Failed.

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

A quote by not just anyone - but an Irishman!

Desirable Industrial Unit

Quote from: Bobtoo on May 19, 2018, 04:33:18 PM
I saw a 999 type programme once featuring a guy who had drunk from the wrong glass when he was cleaning out the pipes in a pub. He survived, but there wasn't much left of his insides. He knew not to do it again though.

If that's the one I'm thinking of he was a teenager washing dishes in a pub his parents had just taken over, and he downed it because the previous owners thought that a lemonade bottle was a sensible thing to keep bleach in.  People are dicks.

buzby

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on May 20, 2018, 12:42:09 AM
One of my mates' granddad died from an burst ulcer which was solely caused by very heavy drinking.  Does that count?  Took him about 60 years of heavy drinking though, so quite a slow death.
My aunt died of drowning in her own blood from burst artery in her throat, caused by the alcohol thinning the skin:
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,63232.msg3286291.html#msg3286291

Wet Blanket

Quote from: Steven on May 20, 2018, 06:32:51 PM
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

A quote by not just anyone - but an Irishman!

The rest of that quote goes:

QuoteFirst the body. No. First the place. No. First both. Now either. Now the other. Sick of the either try the other. Sick of it back sick of the either. So on. Somehow on. Till sick of both. Throw up and go. Where neither. Till sick of there. Throw up and back. The body again. Where none. The place again. Where none. Try again. Fail again. Better again. Or better worse. Fail worse again. Still worse again. Till sick for good. Throw up for good. Go for good. Where neither for good. Good and all.

Which is probably an apt description of what it's like to drink yourself to death

ASFTSN

Quote from: Wet Blanket
First the body. No. First the place. No. First both. Now either. Now the other. Sick of the either try the other. Sick of it back sick of the either. So on. Somehow on. Till sick of both. Throw up and go. Where neither. Till sick of there. Throw up and back. The body again. Where none. The place again. Where none. Try again. Fail again. Better again. Or better worse. Fail worse again. Still worse again. Till sick for good. Throw up for good. Go for good. Where neither for good. Good and all.

New SWANS album "A deliberately retrograde step."

Paul Calf

Quote from: buzby on May 20, 2018, 10:52:04 PM
My aunt died of drowning in her own blood from burst artery in her throat, caused by the alcohol thinning the skin:
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,63232.msg3286291.html#msg3286291

Christ, I'd forgotten about that.

Jockice

I actually tried doing this once. 24th July 1991. In a reggae club in Prague. I was on holiday there with a group of mates (eight of us sharing one room!) and announced before we went out that I was going to do it.  Complete strangers were buying me drinks in the club to see it happen. Hpwever  discovered a fatal (or non-fatal) flaw in that you're likely to drink yourself to sleep first. On the dancefloor.

Crazy! I just didn't care what I did in these days.