Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:27:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inappropriate kids in TV

Started by saltysnacks, May 21, 2018, 12:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

There is yet to be a kid on TV, who is not intrinsically inappropriate by their very nature.  For we need not to be witness to the baby smooth face of the sprightly sprog.  That way, madness lies.  Madness and Pokémon, or whatever the kids are into these days.  Probably beating up old ladies.  The little shits.

Jockice

When I was a kid myself I HATED most kids on TV. Awful little show-offs most of them. Junior Showtime was the worst programme on earth as far as I was concerned. I mean, I'm sorry for what happened to Lena Zavaroni and all that but having to watch her was like having my all my hairs being individually pulled out. I still dislike stage school brats and I'm in my 50s now.

My biggest cringe ever though was while watching Nationwide and they had one of those vox-pop things, interviewing people on the street about something or other. And the last one was a bespectacled boy who went (in what was obviously a direct quote from his father): "We pay our bloody taxes." This was so obviously meant to be a 'cute' ending to the item but I was sitting there with my head in my hands thinking: "I'm about the same age as that little wanker. I really hope nobody thinks I'm like him."

madhair60

Kid in Back to the Future III who beckons the viewer, points at his package, then looks at the camera

St_Eddie

Quote from: madhair60 on May 21, 2018, 08:34:41 AM
Kid in Back to the Future III who beckons the viewer, points at his package, then looks at the camera

It's pretty obvious that he was signaling to the crew behind the camera and trying to indicate that he needed a pee.

The Lurker

I haven't watched Corrie in years but I'm led to believe that Simon Barlow is still a prick.

jobotic

Quote from: The Lurker on May 21, 2018, 04:18:32 PM
I haven't watched Corrie in years but I'm led to believe that Simon Barlow is still a prick.

Very much so.

Those kids in Everybody Loves Raymond were somewhat peculiar.

Twed

jobotic

RedRevolver

Not quite what you're looking for, but the TV show 'Crush', I always thought, was quite inappropriate.

Quite surprised Barney's not been done for being a kiddy-fiddler, too.

Chriddof

Quote from: The Poison Dwarf on June 17, 2018, 01:14:04 AM
This cunt

That's the main kid from the recent-ish Richie Rich series on Netflix or whatever it was, yes? I've seen a few bits of that and he wasn't the only inappropriate child in it.

DrGreggles

Steven

People said I stuck two pencils up my nose and slammed my head on the desk, nose-first. Others said I got the job because my mother was dying of cancer and it was her last dying wish to have her child in a Frosties commercial. Also, there's a great video on YouTube of me getting hit by a train – twice, and then just for safety I'm then blown up with a bomb.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Chriddof on June 17, 2018, 11:28:58 AM
That's the main kid from the recent-ish Richie Rich series on Netflix or whatever it was, yes? I've seen a few bits of that and he wasn't the only inappropriate child in it.

It is. Truth be told I haven't watched it myself, the promo images make me feel nauseous as it is

studpuppet

Objectively it's Minipops, but also the boy/girl that was the inspiration for KMKYWAP's Simon Fisher.

a duncandisorderly

"here come the double-deckers", though, folks.... awwwwww.

Replies From View

massive bereavement

Quote from: Jockice on May 21, 2018, 08:29:28 AM
When I was a kid myself I HATED most kids on TV. Awful little show-offs most of them.

If they were acting in a drama in which they were confused by the situation they were in and trying work out what the hell was going on, then I could relate a bit more, but generally it was role-playing as an adult entertainer, presenter or somebody with a sensible adult opinion. I guess that was uncomfortable to watch because it brought home just how ridiculous all of us kids looked whilst pretending to be little 'adults', which is what we were all being encouraged to be for the most part. It was in those moments that a real sense of self awareness threatened to emerge and it was scary, so you'd jump off the couch, change channel, hope there was a cartoon on the other side and not have to think about it anymore.