Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:17:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Michael Palin in North Korea

Started by Beagle 2, May 21, 2018, 05:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaky

Still, Mike Palins great though isn't he i love him

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Shaky on October 08, 2018, 01:49:10 PM
Still, Mike Palins great though isn't he i love him

I liked it when he said "box" in a funny way a lot in that thing a while ago.

Soup

Sometimes I wonder why I'm so depressed and demotivated and then I willingly read this nonsense and think I dunno if this is cause or effect but there's definitely a pathology behind it and I think I really should find some other way to spend the precious time I have in this damp existence.

Michael Palin is nice though

Benevolent Despot

Sorry I can't help myself. If I had something better to do I'd do that rather than drain the time of others who also don't have something better to do. It's a mutual drain spiral. Like two black holes merging.

popcorn

imitationleather

I too have bought that Guy Delise book off the back of this thread. I was telling my missus I'd bought it and it turns out she has all his other stuff. Cuh, all these years I've been laughing at her reading her little comics and now look at me.

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on October 13, 2018, 02:30:58 PM
I too have bought that Guy Delise book off the back of this thread. I was telling my missus I'd bought it and it turns out she has all his other stuff. Cuh, all these years I've been laughing at her reading her little comics and now look at me.

Good innit?

imitationleather

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 13, 2018, 09:49:08 PM
Good innit?

Indeed it is. I've had to take a break from reading it because I don't want to fire through it in one evening.

It was a relief that it's an account of a foreigner who actually worked in North Korea. I thought it was going to be another travelogue of someone going on the same strictly controlled tour that I have now seen so many times I feel like I've been on it myself.

Brundle-Fly

Loved the Delise book. On the other end of the graphic novel of a 'Westerner visiting the East' scale, I highly recommend this collection.

https://comicsworthreading.com/2008/12/15/moresukine/

Twed

QuoteThe participants best-known to American audiences are James Kochalka (American Elf)
I had a really long argument on Twitter with him once about global warming or something.

Benevolent Despot

All North Korea has to do to win the war is sit and wait. They're having 2 children per woman versus 1.2 children per woman in the South. There'll be more pensioners than workers in SK in 50 years.

Ferris

Quote from: Benevolent Despot on October 15, 2018, 08:04:21 PM
All North Korea has to do to win the war is sit and wait. They're having 2 children per woman versus 1.2 children per woman in the South. There'll be more pensioners than workers in SK in 50 years.

If SK waits even longer, the north will have an even higher proportion of pensioners. Then the pensioners can go at it, hammer and tongs and zimmer frames and the last remaining survivors are declared the victors.

imitationleather

Both countries sound pretty shit tbh.

20 hour working days? I'm alright, ta.

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on October 15, 2018, 08:13:23 PM
Both countries sound pretty shit tbh.

20 hour working days? I'm alright, ta.

Yeah but when you become a pensioner, it becomes like mad max and you go and have a fight with the other side. Very exciting!

imitationleather

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 15, 2018, 08:13:59 PM
Yeah but when you become a pensioner, it becomes like mad max and you go and have a fight with the other side. Very exciting!

As if I am becoming a pensioner.

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on October 15, 2018, 08:15:07 PM
As if I am becoming a pensioner.

Yeah and I'd need to win an election in one of the koreas to implement my plan so maybe don't count on this happening right now

The irony is that North Korean workers can't even have crisps.

Maybe plain, but that's it.

the science eel

rue the polywhirl

Quote from: DistressedArea on October 16, 2018, 10:55:36 PM
The irony is that North Korean workers can't even have crisps.

Maybe plain, but that's it.

Gary Lineker should do a program or an advert for North Korea. Refuses to share his crisps with the Great Leader. Gets sent to a gulag. Then it turns out his 'Cheese and Kim Jong Un-ion' flavoured crisps are deemed a sacrilege so he gets a death sentence and his body parts are harvested.