Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:01:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Spoilers on old films

Started by bollocks, May 23, 2018, 08:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

New Jack

I sort of understand it with films, but I got into Breaking Bad after it ended, and was reading AV club reviews of the episodes I just watched.

So inevitably you'd just get some cunt in the comments, posting years later on a second series episode, going Wow, this episode made me think of the finale, where X Y and Z happened!

It just seems self centred. Like, everyone watched it when you did, and apparently an old episode from like the second season is fair game to post about the ending?

Seems weird, and a bit.. Deliberate. It would need to be super relevant to not come across badly referencing massive future spoilers, to moi.

Most of the films I've had spoiled for me have been through cultural osmosis, which is a much nicer way to do it... Though I do crave the feeling of seeing something unknown and try to focus on that when I watch something 'old' cause its new to me, no?

I don't know what massive anti social steps you'd have to take in life not be broadly familiar with 'Psycho' for example, even if you've never seen it.

Action Fish

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on May 25, 2018, 05:02:25 PM
I think there has to be some sort of limit. If you're going to the sort of places where movies are discussed and you've not seen, say, Citizen Kane, then the fault has to rest with you. I'm not saying chuck spoilers around willy-nilly, but you have to expect some.

I think that's true, but it's when I encounter the spoilers in places where movies aren't discussed that I get mildly miffed. Rosebud was spoilered for me by Danny Baker on the radio when I was still a child and couldn't reasonably have been expected to see Citizen Kane.

Mind you, I still haven't seen it and if that happened now it'd probably be my own silly fault.

Isnt Anything

Quote from: Action Fish on June 07, 2018, 04:54:47 PMMind you, I still haven't seen it and if that happened now it'd probably be my own silly fault.

But is the fact you still havent seen it simply because you cant be arsed now that you know the ending ? thats certainly been the case with several classic films for me .... ones i was eagerly looking to watch when i got the chance only for them to be spoilered before i managed it.