Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,385
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:31:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Just spent the afternoon trying to convince folk that Umpster never said "Gee!"

Started by Glebe, May 23, 2018, 04:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

I just idled away a lazy summer afternoon trying to convince all and sundry that Umpster never said "Gee!" I've been in the park, the post office, shouted it into the traffic from a bridge... "Look, Umpster never said "Gee!", he just didn't say it!" One bloke outside Aldi gave me ten pounds to go away. I refused. He started crying.

seepage

why don't you just hire out the local town hall meeting room for an evening and advertise it in Private Eye?

Glebe

Quote from: seepage on May 23, 2018, 04:23:40 PMwhy don't you just hire out the local town hall meeting room for an evening and advertise it in Private Eye?

Too easy, mate. Too easy.

madhair60

Glebe

hamfist

It's one of those catchphrases that has been incorrectly attributed to Umpster, much like how Kirk never said "Beam me up, Scotty".

According to research, the first recorded instance of "Gee!" being attributed to Umpster was during a November 1982 episode of LWT's Freddie Starr's Friday Funbag in which Freddie Starr, dressed up in a cheap approximation of Umpster's tweed robes, screamed the word "Gee!" into the face of a cowering David Attenborough.

Ever since then it's become an urban legend that Umpster said "Gee!" on a regular basis.

Fambo Number Mive

Shouldn't Umpster be doing his bit to convince people as well? Or does it benefit him that people think he said Gee?

Glebe

I still maintain Umpster never said "Gee!", no matter what you lot may say - I don't care you if you think I'm crazy!

Replies From View

In all honesty I hold quite a few degrees of polite loathing for Umpster.  Every time his name crops up I quietly hope that he has been clasped by dodders and sucked beneath a rose bed.

Glebe

Quote from: Replies From View on May 25, 2018, 08:17:54 AMI quietly hope that he has been clasped by dodders and sucked beneath a rose bed.

I've read some strange things on the Internet in my time, but I never thought things would get quite this crazy.

Spoon of Ploff

There are numerous recordings of the 'Gee' sayage, all backed up with expert testimonies. Those who believe otherways should go to the foot of the stairs and tap their heads.

Replies From View

Umpster the Dumpster, I call him.  Umpster the Absolute Cunt.

One of the shittest humans ever.  I want him to have a pavement laid over him while he sleeps.

hamfist

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on May 26, 2018, 08:25:49 AM
There are numerous recordings of the 'Gee' sayage, all backed up with expert testimonies. Those who believe otherways should go to the foot of the stairs and tap their heads.

No. He quite clearly said ,,Yanny"

Replies From View

The main trope of Umpster is to stand in torrential rain and let his colours run to buggery; true or false.

Glebe

Quote from: Replies From View on May 26, 2018, 08:01:10 PMThe main trope of Umpster is to stand in torrential rain and let his colours run to buggery; true or false.

Look, we've been here before; the allegations are false, and Umpster is currently preparing to sue for "defamation of caricature" (I'm quoting verbatim).

Glebe

Finally, I convinced someone that Umpster didn't say "Gee!" It was Jimmy Fagcravings of Durham, come on down!

Replies From View

Quote from: Glebe on May 26, 2018, 10:51:14 PM
Look, we've been here before; the allegations are false, and Umpster is currently preparing to sue for "defamation of caricature" (I'm quoting verbatim).

Verba Tim knows nothing and I hope he never gets his own thread in HS Art.

Glebe

Quote from: Replies From View on May 31, 2018, 11:28:45 AMVerba Tim knows nothing and I hope he never gets his own thread in HS Art.

Tch, bloody Verba Tim. Haven't heard from him in a long while!

Rolf Lundgren

If you turn the subtitles on, they state Umpster does say "Gee!". At least twice.

Glebe

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on May 31, 2018, 07:59:50 PMIf you turn the subtitles on, they state Umpster does say "Gee!". At least twice.

That's the bootleg downloaded copy, mate. The official version is 'I have never said gee not I not Umpster'.

Replies From View

Replies From View

I'm sure he was.  Unless I just saw it on the news or somewhere?

Wasn't there a big thing about him being removed from his property by stretcher, given mouth-to-mouth, fortified with B vitamins and folic acid; all those things?  And then his mum was screaming about "needing" him back while all the reporters around her bellowed hysterically at her because of the pun they liked?

I remember it like it was yesterday, but it might have only been on the news.  Can anyone else recall?

Gregory Torso

I was eating ether swabs in the bathroom at 4 am and Umpster come out the shower stall and says "Gee" before twisting up like a bat and vanishing into the empty light fixture. Now, you may say this was an hallucination brought on by sleep and eat deprivation and impinging mental psychosis, but I put it to you, is it or is it not concrete evidence of a gee of sorts.

Replies From View

Umpster was of course collapsed against a wheel arch in April for marking a series of his allies with "accrued dominance".

Glebe

I tapped a woman on the shoulder in the minimart. "Excuse me, miss, I just want to inform you Umpster never said "Gee!"

Have an hour later, there's a massive argument going on. The manager has been called and one of the shop assistants has had a nervous breakdown. I slip out quietly.