Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:45:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Song Du Jour

Started by Neil, February 01, 2005, 05:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusAndYourBush

3 versions of the same song.

Caterina Valente - Tout L'amour (Passion Flower) released 1959

The Peanuts - Jounetsu no Hana released Sept'1959

W - Jounetsu no Hana (Passion Flower) released 2nd June 2004

Japanese girl duo W (ex-Morning Musume members Tsuji Nozomi & Kago Ai) released an album of old cover versions, one of which was a cover of a song by The Peanuts (another Japanese girl duo who had a number of hits between 1958 and 1975).  Their song Jounetsu no Hana was a cover itself, of a Caterina Valente song released a few months earlier.

jutl

Quote from: "JesusAndYourBush"3 versions of the same song.

Great post - thanks.

Japanese girl duo W (ex-Morning Musume members Tsuji Nozomi & Kago Ai) ...

Ah yes - I was wondering when their album was out. The single Robo Kiss was great.

edit to add: oh right I misunderstood. I'll look out for that.

Spiteface

chand

Venetian Snares - Pressure Torture

For listening to whilst reading the Nathan Barley threads.

falafel

Dr David V

Quote from: "9"Venetian Snares - Pressure Torture

For listening to whilst reading the Nathan Barley threads.

Nice one, thanks!

A little known gem frm New Zealand...

http://rapidshare.de/files-en/654251/Darcy_Clay_-_Jesus_I_Was_Evil.mp3.html

Darcy Clay committed suicide in 98 so there only a few other tracks commercially avaliable. He probably holds some kind of unique distinction in that shortly after his death he was chosen as  NZ's Most Promising Newcomer in their annual music awards. Always makes me chuckle that.

For more info on darcy clay visit
http://www.kiwimusic.co.nz/artists/316.html

gazzyk1ns

Quote from: "Dr David V"I spent about 10 minutes looking at the title of this thinking "Who's SDJ?".

I've only just come in here for the first time, I'd seen it on the forum index page a few times but misread it, I assumed it was a Sacha Baron Cohen-related thread, which is the only reason I eventually did click on it!

Frinky

Beagle 2

I just really love this song.

The Boo Radleys: Vote You

(Thanks again to Paaaaul)

fanny splendid

gazzyk1ns

Jerusalem, performed by the Ambrosian Singers, apparently. It's from the Chariots Of Fire OST, anyway.

I've posted it before, I'm not religious and I don't care about the royal family, but for whatever reason, if this was the national anthem I would be glad to belt it out with maximum enthusiasm at any given opportunity.

TraceyQ

Quote from: "jutl"MeShell NdegéOcello - If That's Your Boyfriend

Good God. Jutl comes up trumps again. I've been after the for ages.

Good choice that man.

Frinky

Does anyone have Kate Bush's Hounds Of Love? I would give my left testicle scrapings to hear it.

Rats

I'm uploading now. Who are the toolers who are covering it at the minute? They don't do a bad job I reckon.

http://www.zen26454.zen.co.uk/mp3/02%20-%20Hounds%20Of%20Love.mp3

Frinky

Neil

I put these up for the guy who showed some interest in my Nina Hagen thread, so may as well stick them in here as well I suppose.

Nina Hagen - New York New York

Nina Hagen - Future Is Now

TraceyQ

Gah, Neil, thanks for those, I forgot to tell you I loved the stuff you sent me before.

Neil

Oh great!  I presumed you thought they were shitty, glad to hear you enjoyed them.  I'll have to start sticking some 60's and 70's tunes up in this thread.

TraceyQ

Neil, get yerself some Nellie Mckay, quick smart!

Dr David V

While I'm thinking of Super Size Me...

Toothpick - Super Size Me