Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:02:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Song Du Jour

Started by Neil, February 01, 2005, 05:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TraceyQ

Lee! While I'm at it, Gravel have split up.

You are never ever allowed to remix any bands I like ever ever again.

Dr David V

So you won't want me taking apart a Coast track then?

TraceyQ

Oh, you can do that ;-)

Neil

Quote from: "TraceyQ"Neil, get yerself some Nellie Mckay, quick smart!

Got any handy to stick up here Tracey?

chand

Des Nilsen

Pink Floyd - Pigs On The Wing 1 & 2

Using YouSendIt, so get it while you can. It's the version with Snowy White's guitar solo in the middle.

-

chand

Airborn Audio - 'Inside The Globe'

That's Priest and M Sayyid from the defunct Antipop Consortium, that is.

Dr David V

The Go! Team - Everyone's A VIP To Someone

And yesterday...

V/Vm - Eclectic Is Another Word For Shit

TraceyQ

Quote from: "Neil"
Quote from: "TraceyQ"Neil, get yerself some Nellie Mckay, quick smart!

Got any handy to stick up here Tracey?

Oooh, bloody hell, Neil, sorry. I've been in Prague since Monday afternoon so havent had access to the web. (I have, however, had access to copious amounts of very cheap beer  - Yay!)

Gonna be a yousendit, I'm afraid....

http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ND8TUC9O8YUI29T8LBUUPINIY

fanny splendid

chand

I found out today that Dax Pierson from Subtle and a bunch of other Anticon stuff broke his neck in a car crash, so it inspired me to finally getting round to uploading some of their stuff:

Subtle - 'Song Meat'

That starts off sounding a bit TV On The Radio, I reckon, which is no bad thing. Interesting tune anyways.

And this, just cos someone on another forum asked for it:

Shellac - 'Prayer To God'

Ooh, angry!

butnut

McCarthy- not just the band who became Stereolab.  Here is the beautiful Red Sleeping Beauty.

Lt Plonker

Quote from: "Neil"I'll have to start sticking some 60's and 70's tunes up in this thread.

Allow me to make a start!

Mike D' Abo - Miss Me In The Morning

It's the theme from There's a Girl in my Soup[/u]. I think I promised this to TJ a while ago.

mayer

Spiritualized with Suicide - Rocket USA (Live)

Recorded on January 21 1998 at the Astoria, from the NME Clean Sweep CD.

Spiteface

Babyshambles - Fuck Forever (Zane Lowe session version)

I was never a big Libertines fan, but i think this and Killamangiro are great songs. What does everyione else think of this song?

mayer

Killamangiro is nice, but the recent release with that godawful middle-eight narked me off something silly. It was nifty, but when you have to add a bunch of whiny talking to a song to get a dig in, because the song itself is two years old and totally irrelevant to your current issues, then there's something wrong going on.

Fuck Forver is a nice song, very Oasis-y I thought, and I remember it blowing me away when I heard it for the first time in Manchester over the summer (the first great Babyshambles song I thought),  but, like the re-recorded Killamangiro and Gang Of Gin, seemed to show Doherty running out of themes lyrically and just having a bitchfest with every new recording.

His more recent stuff seems less bitter (if no less insular), and imitationleather tells me he's dropped the annoying talking from Killamangiro.

Dr David V

Autechre - Kalpol Intro

17:01, personal note: I watched Pi last night.

Darrell

mayer

Quote from: "TraceyQ""When I am sad and weary, when all my hope is gone, I walk around my house and think of you with nothing on"

I *heart* You. I only ever had Expecting To Fly on cassette, and have been gagging to listen to that track for a good couple of years.

Duffy

Cat Power - Werewolf (2.7Mb)

From her 'cover versions' Peel Session of 2000, which also featured Bob Dylan, Mary J Blige, Duke Ellington and Oasis numbers. This one's a Michael Hurley song.

chand

Quote from: "TraceyQ""When I am sad and weary, when all my hope is gone, I walk around my house and think of you with nothing on"

That's weird, I had that song in my head all day today for no apparent reason; haven't listened to it in years. Spooky!

Beagle 2