Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:28:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A new 'identify a song' thread'.

Started by Glebe, May 24, 2018, 04:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 29, 2018, 05:02:59 PMOoh I reckon you've got it.

Nope, but that's probably the closest to what I'm talking about, thanks for your help sweeper.... Gareth Thomas!

Quote from: RicoMNKN on May 29, 2018, 04:56:32 PMBit earlier, but Boo Radley's Lazarus?
Ba ba baa-ing, and brass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gZB1J7ejhA

Not that neither, but cheers for the suggestion.

SteveDave

I heard a song yesterday that sounded like a modern country version of "Subterranean Homesick Blues" The lyrics were coming too thick and fast (and it was quite noisy where I was) to make any of them out. It's a long shot I know.

Glebe

Quote from: SteveDave on June 18, 2018, 03:59:11 PMI heard a song yesterday that sounded like a modern country version of "Subterranean Homesick Blues" The lyrics were coming too thick and fast (and it was quite noisy where I was) to make any of them out. It's a long shot I know.

Any assistance is welcome, Steve, cheers... anyhoo, I've finally done a Vocaroo!

Ring any bells? Apologies for the weird nervousness of the recording!

jobotic

Phil_A

I thought I had it for a moment, but then I realised I was thinking of the theme from Eurotrash. It's probably not that, is it?

holyzombiejesus

An indie song (I think( where the lyrics go " the last time I laid eyes on you (or the last time that I spoke to you, can't remember which), I said some really bad things, I didn't meeeeeeeeeean it". Not sure if I even like the song but it's doing my head in trying to remember who it's by.

studpuppet

studpuppet

Quote from: Glebe on June 20, 2018, 09:04:32 PM
...weird nervousness...

That's basically every CaBer so no need for apologies. Probably not The Fall if your rendition is anywhere close to the actual song.

Spudgun

Have we ruled out The Lightning Seeds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5O_FcBTsU0

Or something by Beck, perhaps?

Glebe

Thanks for the help guys, but again, no luck... maybe I'm just fucking imagining the fucking thing?!?

Hecate

Quote from: Glebe on May 24, 2018, 04:04:52 PM
Can anyone identify a really upbeat song, I think by a kind of indie pop band, with an annoyingly catchy harmony chorus that goes kinda 'Ba-bap-bap-ba, bap-bap-bap-bap-ba, bap-bap-ba"? I think it had a load of drums going on, maybe some brass, and I think the video featured the blokes in the band just standing there singing during the chorus... I think it was out in the early '00s. I've been sleuthing like mad on the Googles and the YouTube, but I cannae get no joy.

This is such a longshot that I'm bicycle kicking it anyway, just on the off chance.
I'm flat on my fat back forever or revolving in timeless space like a ruddy god. Don't read me the odds, just fucking click iiIIIItTT! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKGjK8bMkzg

jobotic

I was going to suggest Considering a Move to Memphis by The Colorblind James Experience but as far as I can see there's no video and it was out too early. So I won't.

non capisco

Glebe, are they actually singing 'ba ba ba' in the chorus or is that just the melody?

Glebe

Thanks Hecate and Jobotic, but not dice! And yeah, non cap, I may possibly be imagining the ba ba bas!

newbridge

Phil_A

So you're telling us after all this that it might not even have any ba's on it? Mate!

Also are you absolutely sure it's not Wouldn't It Be Nice?

poodlefaker

Every Conversation by the June Brides?

non capisco

Quote from: Glebe on June 20, 2018, 09:04:32 PM
Any assistance is welcome, Steve, cheers... anyhoo, I've finally done a Vocaroo!

So are we talking this kind of rhythm, Glebe? Cause that sort of rings a bell.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s02qniu7I4R8

That's clapping on that recording, by the way, I wasn't rubbing one out due to being overwhelmingly aroused by the delicious mystery of it all.

Quote from: Phil_A on July 03, 2018, 11:33:44 AM
So you're telling us after all this that it might not even have any ba's on it? Mate!

Also are you absolutely sure it's not Wouldn't It Be Nice?

Or the "J*m'll Fix It" theme tune?

holyzombiejesus

Norton Canes

What's this children's programme theme from the 70's/80's?

Da da da-da da-da da-da da da da
Da da da daaaaaa

The it ends with

Daaaa da da-da, da-daaaaa daaaaa daaaaa

Someone was whistling it outside the house just now. I'm usually good with kids' TV themes but this is bugging me.

No I don't have Shazam.

jobotic

Quote from: Norton Canes on July 20, 2018, 08:24:23 AM
What's this children's programme theme from the 70's/80's?

Da da da-da da-da da-da da da da
Da da da daaaaaa

The it ends with

Daaaa da da-da, da-daaaaa daaaaa daaaaa

Someone was whistling it outside the house just now. I'm usually good with kids' TV themes but this is bugging me.

No I don't have Shazam.

Ferry Across The Mersey by someone who has forgotten the words. Next.

Pseudopath

Quote from: popcorn on July 23, 2018, 10:35:56 AM
Been searching for the song at the end of the Bridget Jones trailer for years. Anyone know?

This one has been bothering me since you first brought it up too.

The fact it doesn't appear on the soundtrack album and was replaced in later versions of the trailer makes me think that it might be "Magic" (a collaboration between No Doubt and Beenie Man mentioned here). It definitely has the same ska-lite feel of a No Doubt track and those little yelps throughout the track certainly sound like Gwen Stefani.

Delving further, it appears that this wasn't an official collaboration but a Neptunes remix of No Doubt's song "Magic's In The Makeup" which they asked Beenie Man to sing over.

The only problems with this theory are that the original No Doubt song sounds nothing like the song in the trailer and the remix has never been released (which explains why Shazam and the like are drawing a blank), so we're really no further forward.

Pseudopath

On a similar "songs which don't appear on official soundtracks" vibe, I'd love to identify the pretty little jazz number which plays in the background whilst Amy Adams is getting her pole in American Hustle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Webt8hr2wk

popcorn

Quote from: Pseudopath on July 23, 2018, 12:34:40 PM
This one has been bothering me since you first brought it up too.

The fact it doesn't appear on the soundtrack album and was replaced in later versions of the trailer makes me think that it might be "Magic" (a collaboration between No Doubt and Beenie Man mentioned here). It definitely has the same ska-lite feel of a No Doubt track and those little yelps throughout the track certainly sound like Gwen Stefani.

Delving further, it appears that this wasn't an official collaboration but a Neptunes remix of No Doubt's song "Magic's In The Makeup" which they asked Beenie Man to sing over.

The only problems with this theory are that the original No Doubt song sounds nothing like the song in the trailer and the remix has never been released (which explains why Shazam and the like are drawing a blank), so we're really no further forward.

Mega karma for this detailed reply. I've been asking ildly on forums for years now and no one's ever replied. I wonder if there are some hardcore No Doubt fans out there who know about this?