Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:29:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dark Souls Remastered

Started by The Boston Crab, May 25, 2018, 07:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Run past defo. If you do get stuck here by the way, you have another secret option (several, but one in particular you're unlikely to find by yourself).

biggytitbo

Dispatched these two now, and I can warp between bonfires! What now?

Nonchalant as fuck. What a guy. Go back to Firelink and talk to the snake thing.

biggytitbo

I'm just wandering around a gigantic room with cogs on the floor now. I guess I'm supposed to the big sod who makes the ice spikes spring out of the floor and kill you?

Are you doing a speed run?

That unavoidable death bit is a real misstep as far as I'm concerned, breaks the otherwise insanely deep internal logic of the game. Go and bang the twat, aye.

Seath the Scaleless, sold out his dragon bros and then screamed in pain when he realised what he'd done (in the intro). Just had to crack on with his experiments and stuff.

Swoz_MK

Well I'm completely powerless against Kalameet it seems.
Nice blind giant helped me out, but I'm well and truly twig-like against it.
I need a bit of extra speed I think so a set made primarily from Havel's may be a bad choice.
I might just warp, get V Large Ember, +15 my Zwei and hunt for some other armour (I always sell all mine like a fool).
Or just bin the rest of the DLC off til before Gwyn. We'll see.
Still, best game ever.

gpbmedia

Toughest boss of all three games for me, especially as I didn't meet it until NG+ - I had to do it by summoning help for it. The Sword you get from it's tail is superb so it's def worth going back at it later. The Artorius Greatshield you can get via killing Sif and upgrading a regular shield is very useful to block the magic attacks. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

"Well I'm completely powerless against Kalameet it seems.
I need a bit of extra speed I think so a set made primarily from Havel's may be a bad choice.
I might just warp, get V Large Ember, +15 my Zwei and hunt for some other armour (I always sell all mine like a fool).
Still, best game ever."

biggytitbo

Quote from: Swoz_MK on June 27, 2018, 04:26:09 PM
Well I'm completely powerless against Kalameet it seems.
Still, best game ever.

I don't know what any of this means and Ive been playing the game for ages.

biggytitbo

I'm in this ice place now where you have to walk over invisible paths like in Last Crusade and I keep falling off the edge.

Given you ignored all my questions about online and summoning, can I assume you're not playing online? It's relevant.

Look for the snow particles falling, they'll show you the invisible path at certain points. If you're online, other players will leave messages to show you where to use go (and some jokers who will want you to die).

biggytitbo

I don't play games online and I don't get why anyone would play something like this multilayer, it's got single player written all over it.

I've found the first hidden paths but can't find the last one.

It's one of the most innovative and influential multiplayer games ever. Perfect balance of risk and reward and it ties in with so many of the major lore and thematic components of the game. You are not the chosen one. The NPCs are also playing the same game.

falafel

Also it's sort of not really multiplayer as you would usually know it.

Case in point: messages on the ground. No real incentive to do this. But people do. No real incentive to tell lies with them either. But people do.

And summoning can be HUGELY helpful, and rewarding.

biggytitbo

Distantly unarsed.

I am arsed that this ice dragon bastard has cursed me though.

Kryton

Yeah the multiplayer aspect of this game really makes a difference. The covenants, invasions, summons, the pools of blood, phantoms and messages all add to the experience. It's a beautiful and intricate extra layer to an already great game.

You've not lived until you're on your last estus in Sen's or tomb of the giants and suddenly get the message 'COCKLORD123 HAS INVADED'...

---

Biggy have you done the catacombs yet? or Tomb of the giants?

biggytitbo

Is the catacombs the one with the rats and the giant gape dragon?

Kryton

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 27, 2018, 10:35:46 PM
Is the catacombs the one with the rats and the giant gape dragon?

Nope that's the depths. I won't tell you where it is... Half the fun is finding it. By the sounds of it you probably haven't been there. What about a flooded place? A wolf? Just curious at to what your path was.

I'm guessing you went: the usual undead burg (1st bell), depths, blight town, Quelaag (2nd bell) valley of drakes, Sen's funhouse, Anor Londo, Duke's archive and now the crystal caves?

biggytitbo

That sounds about right.

Ive been in the caves where all the skeletons are, and the fire caves, as well as the bit behind the sealed door in the gardens with thw invisible thiefs, but I didn't pursue any of those paths.

biggytitbo

Beat Seath the shite now, is that the rest of the game you have to beat all these hard nutters to fill the souls cup? Have I got to kill the big fiery dragon from the start of the game?

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 28, 2018, 07:57:28 PM
Beat Seath the shite now, is that the rest of the game you have to beat all these hard nutters to fill the souls cup? Have I got to kill the big fiery dragon from the start of the game?

no, the first dragon is pretty much nothing. Hide on the bridge then run past it when it approaches you. Beat the bed of chaos in the lava world at the bottom of blight town, the knights of the abyss in new londo ruins (below firelink shrine) and the grave lord found after the catacombs - then its the final boss.

there's also an additional content area, which is where you find kalameet the dragon. Its supremely unlikely you'll stumble upon this area by chance so look up how to get there online.

You'll want to do the extra area zigmund mentions. Some of the best stuff in the game. Some of the best of any game if you had a human soul.

ziggy starbucks

I played the game again after serge died (it seemed like an appropriate response) and kalameet was the only enemy I couldn't kill. Its entirely optional but I reckon Biggy could take him down easy.

yeah, the additonal content area is really fun. Very distinct levels and enemies and one boss fight in particular is amazing.

biggytitbo

I'm doing the catacombs now. I have the biggest, stupidest weapon imaginable which is great for taking down the bosses but keeps hitting the walls when trying to take out minor enemies like skeletons.

Swoz_MK

Use the Divine ember on one of your secondary weapons (I tend to +5 it too) to ensure those cheeky Skellies don't revive

Whug Baspin

This thread is a pleasure, making me want to replay this game.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Swoz_MK on June 29, 2018, 08:40:49 AM
Use the Divine ember on one of your secondary weapons (I tend to +5 it too) to ensure those cheeky Skellies don't revive

I only use the one weapon tbh, i think its too heavy for me to even carry two.

You can have multiple and swap them in and out.

biggytitbo

Argg skeleton wheels are absolute bastards. The whole catacombs area is a right pain in the arse, I presume this isn't optional otherwise I think I'm waiting my time.

falafel

Not optional. I never had a massive problem with the wheels - let em crash into walls and just get out of their way. They are quite week - have you tried temporarily shedding a bit of armour so you can dodge em a bit quicker?

(More seasoned players feel free to tell me I'm talking shite).

biggytitbo

Is that it? Pinwheel the easiest enemy in the whole game! Beat it first go.