Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:08:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dark Souls Remastered

Started by The Boston Crab, May 25, 2018, 07:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moribunderast

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 04, 2018, 03:33:54 PM
Have you been down to the area where Manus is? That's probably one of the most important places in the game from a lore POV, and definitely one of the most unusual.

You'll be able to do Gwyn, no sweat.

I have not come across that area, no. Thought I'd explored thoroughly but must have missed an entrance somewhere...

It's past Artorias, and down the stairs. And then keep going. And going...

Kryton

Did you guys find The Hollow and the area beyond without checking a guide? Funny how so many people miss that place due to it being well hidden.

falafel

This is never coming out on Switch, is it?

Quote from: Kryton on August 04, 2018, 04:34:46 PM
Did you guys find The Hollow and the area beyond without checking a guide? Funny how so many people miss that place due to it being well hidden.

Nope. First time I just legged it through the whole area. I didn't find Painted World either, except I'd heard about it and looked it up when I looked up how to access the DLC. That's how I found out about the Great Hollow and beyond.

Quote from: falafel on August 04, 2018, 04:59:15 PM
This is never coming out on Switch, is it?

I don't understand either the delay or the radio silence considering there's been plenty of opportunity for folks to play the demo at various events, including one last weekend at some expo thing in the UK. It's definitely coming.

I think Amazon Italy let slip 10th of October or something. Anyway, it's a bit weird all round but I'm sure it'll appear in a Direct this month or next.

Moribunderast

Getting closer in the Quyn battle but I fear the repeated trudge there will be the end of me. Fighting the same 5 knights over and over, having to waste time either moving slowly due to wearing heavy armour or equipping and unequipping it each time I have to do the trudge eagain, just so I can do it a bit quicker. I feel like I can beat Quyn with more attempts but am rapidly losing the will to bother because spending 5 minutes getting there over and over is beginning to feel like a real waste of time. Whinge whinge fucken whinge, etc. Great game but I just want it to be over now.

Kryton

Quote from: Moribunderast on August 05, 2018, 05:57:50 AM
Getting closer in the Quyn battle but I fear the repeated trudge there will be the end of me. Fighting the same 5 knights over and over, having to waste time either moving slowly due to wearing heavy armour or equipping and unequipping it each time I have to do the trudge eagain, just so I can do it a bit quicker. I feel like I can beat Quyn with more attempts but am rapidly losing the will to bother because spending 5 minutes getting there over and over is beginning to feel like a real waste of time. Whinge whinge fucken whinge, etc. Great game but I just want it to be over now.

I agree it's a very tedious part of a great game. However it taught me how to parry, and before long you can parry those silver knights as a kind of training run to the boss itself. Which may or may not be the point...

Don't fight them, just run past.

TrenterPercenter

resisting buying this again having already bought it for the ps3.

Hmmm is it worth it? it's reduced to £21 on PSN...was thinking i'd waiting until its below £15

Kelvin

I presume the Switch release date has been held back for a Direct reveal.

falafel

Bit weird though - we've already seen footage, had a Direct teaser and had a release date come and go, and we already know what the game is. Not sure what value there is in having yet another Direct trailer with a new date announcement rather than just getting it out as soon as they can.

Mind you, playing DS handheld could be pretty transformative so maybe a bit of extra hype will work.

Maybe they're going back to fill the game with anime sluts

DocDaneeka

New easy mode where you play as Funky Kong.

falafel

New DLC boss

Basically just an Asylum Demon reskin so stick to the arse and watch out for those toxic farts.

falafel

Switch. 19th of October. That's an interesting definition of summer but it will set me up nicely for a flight to the other side of the world a couple of weeks later.