Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:57:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dark Souls Remastered

Started by The Boston Crab, May 25, 2018, 07:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

I've killed the big prick on the bridge now, not sure what to do next. Undead parish?

Keep going over the bridge lad

falafel

Quote from: bgmnts on June 01, 2018, 09:18:49 PM
Setting, then.

OK, fuck the the entire concept of Bayonetta

(wink)

Dark Souls, though, eh? Keep going, biggy.

bgmnts

Quote from: falafel on June 01, 2018, 11:22:43 PM
OK, fuck ghe the entire concept of Bayonetta

But she's so sexy though.

falafel

Her clothes are made of hair and when you put her in the Princess Peach outfit her anatomy looks like she was put on the rack for the duration of her teens. Serious fucking back trouble mate.

I would frig Bayonetta into unconsciousness.

falafel

Fucking breeders. You guys are mental.

biggytitbo

What's the best way to approach instead parish? Am at a dead end with the fuck off big knight in the chapel, gettingvtge impression it's too early to face him.

falafel

Broadly speaking, knights are much easier once you figure out how to parry consistently. I can't remember that knight unless you mean the fella the runs out of the front of the church at you? I'll leave the specific strategy to one of that lot who have played through 50 times. But parry, parry, parry, backstab.

It's not too early no, but I'd suggest just running straight past him into the other side of the chapel. Or, just turn right and go down the path. Have you encountered a tink tink noise yet?

If you want to fight him, he'll break your shield poise in probably one hit and he's not the guy to learn to parry, either, because if you mess up the timing once, you're probably going to be dead. So, you'll have to learn to bait him into attacking and getting two hits in at most when he's recovering from missing you. Alternatively, as falafel said, bait him into swinging and missing and circle round to his back, press R1 and get a critical hit back stab. The back stab timing is pretty generous but you do have to be next to him, straight on. This will also be how you tackle that black knight in Undead Burg, and a number of other larger humanoid enemies.

bgmnts

The guide to fighting almost all non boss is enemies is run around them and backstab. Does major damage.

Swoz_MK

Pretty sure Heavy Knights can't be backstabbed

biggytitbo

Do I have to kill the knight guy to do whatever I have to do in this area though?

Once you kill him, he won't respawn. You don't need to but you'll be coming this way plenty in future. Put him down.

biggytitbo

The NPCs in this game have all the depth of the characters you meet in a Dizzy game.

falafel

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 04, 2018, 07:02:33 PM
The NPCs in this game have all the depth of the characters you meet in a Dizzy game.

You literally haven't got a clue you stupid idiot.

biggytitbo

Just lost now. Is it worth killing the NPCs? I've killed a few which felt a bit naughty but they do tend to have good items.

falafel

CHECK OUT THIS DUNCE

Make sure you kill Andre the Blacksmith for his hammer.

Bye

Can a moderator please delete this thread. Thank you.

biggytitbo

I am trying to kill the blacksmith now, I have a feeling this is a big mistake.

biggytitbo

I've given up on that now as I read it was a big mistake. Natural he's very mad at me cos I tried to stab him but I believe this can be undone if I kill the ARSEHOLES on the church roof?

Honestly, you have really got on my tits with this whole thing. On the other hand, you will have a very interesting first playthrough if you ever manage to finish it now. The NPCs have the best quests and stories of any game I've played. You've barely scratched the fucking surface though. Sorry I said attack the Blacksmith.

biggytitbo

All fixed now, killed the gargoyles, got absolution, everyone's forgiven me! What the fuck now though? Dunno what you're on about with the stories and quests though, they truly are Dizzy level writing and the voice acting is risible. Even something like Dying Light the writing and characters are so much better. I can see what the appeal of this game is though, no doubt. Its a rock hard 8-bit game that you have to endlessly replay to beat, its a throwback.

bgmnts

The NPCs had quests and stories? I had no idea. I never killed any of them but didn't know that.

If it weren't illegal, I would beat your bones until they were dust. You've barely scratched the surface or glimpsed what people see in this game. You've seen a little of what the mechanics guys get out of it. You've no doubt felt a little of the reward for overcoming a challenge. That's the entry level shit. I'm glad you're making progress, though. Well done.

biggytitbo

There's some absolute bell end of a knight wearing gimp armour stood in front of a door and he's like awww I can't get through this door, awww sigh and it's really zx spectrum 14 year old made in his bedroom level game writing, not helped by the totally goofy voice acting either (the voice of the merchant almost made me feel embarrassed too, so bad is it). But yeah, despite its many flaws its a good game, even if most elements feel pretty dated now. I highly doubt I'll get anywhere near to finishing it, but I'll keep playing for now as I don't really mind repetition in games, as long as it goes hand in hand with actual progress.